Starfield disappoints

At E3 Bethesda announced they are working on a single player game that will release after 2018, then showed this small clip:

[video=youtube;PTtQ6KA5VTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTtQ6KA5VTk[/video]

Basically they are saying come back in 2020 to see what their single player space game is all about.

I have to say I'm disappointed - I have no interest in Skyrim in Space - most all my limited game time is spent in multiplayer with friends :-(

Wasn’t much of anything really, was that the only clip shown? If so, may aswell shown someone stacking beans on a shelf in a supermarket.

Flimley

I'm really confused by your post.
You say you have no time for it, but waiting till 2020 is too long... And then again, you don't seem to be interested in the type of game at all. Why do you care then, and why it would upset you in any way? Every game has a niche it aims for.

At E3 Bethesda announced they are working on a single player game that will release after 2018, then showed this small clip:

Basically they are saying come back in 2020 to see what their single player space game is all about.

I have to say I'm disappointed - I have no interest in Skyrim in Space - most all my limited game time is spent in multiplayer with friends :-(

Seriously, dude, I would write a letter to Todd maybe he sees his wrongdoing and slaps a multiplayer on it at the last moment because otherwise your feelings get hurt to much.
Also whining about a Skyrim in Space makes no sense at all when we don't even know what the game is really all about.
Could be Skyrim in Space it could also be something like Mass Effect (no not Andromeda, the real Mass Effect).
So calm down, Hipsterella and just wait for a longer trailer. Geez.

Starfield simply is not made for you.
It is made for me. Single player games are the only thing I care about.
Not disappointed at all, especially since we did not get any info about the game at all from that pointless trailer.

IS that a Trailer or a announcement there is something such that it is a game called Starfield and it coming, watch this space?

Single-player is more than ok for me as far as Beth games goes. It opens game for mods. I wonder how many ppl would still play Fallout 3 or Skyrim if those were mp only with no user created content. We have so many mp games now Im sure op will find one for him. I will be playng Starfield. Alone. Get off my lawn!

Last edited:
Starfield is their first entry into this genre. It's easier to develop it SP.

If you want to see the long term future, look at what the are doing with Fallout 76. Looks pretty dang awesome!

"brand new, next generation, single player game".
What does it mean?
I don't know, check facebook.

I, on the other hand, don't give a flying fart about multiplayer with friends, and love RPGs, so I look forward to Skyrim in Space very, very much.

I just want to know what the game is about. It built on a whole new engine and it name Starfield, some sort of mobile app tie and apparently new procedural technologies have been developed at Bethesda, that about all we know.

I love the fact that the station design look like it originates with current space design philosophies through. It look like something NASA would design.

An as for the release date, let be honest now, it will probably be out before Star Citizen!!

I like single and multiplayer game so not fuss either way. There a lot of online multiplayer games at the minute, mainly because they provides a good level of continuous income revenue streams from cosmetic and non cosmetic sales, which is the real reason for Fallout 76 an why Elder scrolls online keep on going.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Single-player is more than ok for me as far as Beth games goes. It opens game for mods. I wonder how many ppl would still play Fallout 3 or Skyrim if those were mp only with no user created content. We have so many mp games now Im sure op will find one for him. I will be playng Starfield. Alone. Get off my lawn!

Indeed.

Bring on Skyrim in Space.

Bethesda had a space game in the works which they cancelled, The 10th Planet.

[video=youtube_share;2ruBDctb9Jo]https://youtu.be/2ruBDctb9Jo[/video]
[video=youtube_share;_jdkA1nkzuY]https://youtu.be/_jdkA1nkzuY[/video]

well I liked Skyrim (still playing it) a lot and am personally looking forward to a space game by Bethesda. The clip itself is rather disappointing except for the fact that it confirms that Bethesda is indeed working on the title which is great news but doesnt look like they are that far into it yet. Well with their track record I m getting excited and and sure they can get something out in less then 6 years :)

Top Bottom