News Starports "Under Repair": change to visibility of progress.

Great, now if FDev really wants us to fix the stations they'll make sure we have a source of all the materials required somewhere in the Pleiades. Profits are low enough and I'm doubting that people are going to want to trek to the bubble and back to haul in the Natural Fabrics required for some of the repairs. I've not checked availability of everything needed lately but also the supplies of needed mats are going to dry up quickly now as people get back to trying to deliver things.

Hmmm. Seems a bit silly really. It's an awful lot of stuff to ship, I can't see the community shipping it all. Are the original stations still under repair. If it's only 1% for some stuff at the moment it could take a year to repair them.

Wait till they lay waste to dozens of stations and everyone ends up doing hauling missions, just to make it so they have some where to land.

Hmmm. Seems a bit silly really. It's an awful lot of stuff to ship, I can't see the community shipping it all. Are the original stations still under repair. If it's only 1% for some stuff at the moment it could take a year to repair them.

Well maybe it's a hard thing to balance, like CG targets that are sometimes way too high or far too easy. They don't really know how much the community will respond.

Hopefully it'll settle down, patterns will emerge & the battlefront of burnt stations will ebb to & fro like other parts of the BGS. I don't really see mistakes here, just a learning process. Functionally the pace of new burnt stations can be slowed to compensate for any lack of player input, allowing the overarching plot to develop at the intended pace. If stations get repaired more quickly, the thargoids can attack more to compensate.

This is intended to be a long-term feature that will be in the game permanently, or at least until the slowly developing story reaches it's conclusion (as FFE did) with a kill or be killed dilemma.

I am not really sure, if i want to help AEGIS, as they seem to be INRA 2.0. But there is a station in repair mode, which do not belong to AEGIS. Perhaps a good place to start!

These repairs are going to need some serious commitment from cmdrs to bring back on line

Explains why t10 is here, can carry loads like t9 but won't care if hyperdicted by an angry thargoid

Last edited:
Important followup question: do deliveries done as part of a mission count?

e.g. I take a mission from an under-repair station to source N units of gold. When I turn in the mission, do those N units get counted? Or is it like CGs, where if you turn it in for a mission it doesn't count?

Good afternoon Commanders,

We’ve received some reports that the Starports “Under Repair” after Thargoid attacks were showing no progress in their restoration, which led players to believe this to be a bug.

I’m pleased to be able to confirm that this is not a bug and that efforts have always been recorded. The percentage shown for Commodities sold at the affected Starports were originally being shown in 10% increments, resulting in the appearance of no progress having been made despite player efforts.

In order to ensure you’re all kept up to date with the current state of the Starport, we have reduced these increments from 10% to 1%, meaning your progress will be easier to track.

For example at The Oracle Starport, “Superconductors” were showing 0% progress. Since the aforementioned change took place, we can now see that 6% of the required “Superconductors” have been delivered! This can also be seen in Indium, Gallium, Copper etc.

We’d like to thank you all for your reports and hope that with your continued support we can get these Starports back up and running at full capacity.

Kind regards,

Paige

https://i.imgur.com/pEnrgRZ.jpg

Please, be honest here. Is this what i think it is? FD will not trigger any new AEGIS AX research untill we repair all of AEGIS labs/stations? Cause it really looks quite fishy..

Last edited:

Goose4291

Banned
Sure, that might happen, if there is actual consequence to our actions and the stations don't magically get repaired anyway. Otherwise people will just ignore this and go back to passenger missions.

I think we know the answer to that...

Godmod.jpg

Yeah, sounds crazy.

Thought FDev had learnt by now, most players won't do things (fun or otherwise), unless there is tangible (i.e. direct) reward. (And in fact will often do UNfun (aka grindy) things, if they happen to pay very well. So the sensible thing for FDev to do is to make the fun stuff pay well...)

Or let it burn. If players cant be bothered to fix stuff, then they will have broken stuff. Fine by me. That is what consequences is all about. This 'save the world and become a billionaire' stuff most games have is crap anyway. :p

Wait till they lay waste to dozens of stations and everyone ends up doing hauling missions, just to make it so they have some where to land.

Nah.

What will happen is a Galnet article will go out with Palin going "Wait, you lads needed some resources? Well blimey, why didn't you say so! I just so happen to have a load you can have!" (Or otherwise unstated benefactor). And poof! A load of resource will appear to shore up a larger proportion of the gap.

Though in the server side update notes Frontier post it'll read as:

Adjusted the effectiveness of Gallium, Titanium, Copper, Polymers and Auto-fabricators for construction purposes. They are now 80% more effective at combating Thargoid aftermaths.

:D

I’ve thought that CG, PP and manipulating the BGS are hitting the bottom of most useless, senseless and meaningless kinds of gameplay ever created in game industry but apparently I was wrong. You guys and gals in ED have proved that digging deeper into the ground is possible. Nobody with common sense will put such an effort for something being not part of it. People are playing CGs for the credits not because they do care if the White Knights of HIP 9837428347 will have new outpost or not. How many players are involved in PP except PP weapons nomads? How many player groups are still active and playing the BGS? Take look on statistics and wake up. Please.

Good afternoon Commanders,

We’ve received some reports that the Starports “Under Repair” after Thargoid attacks were showing no progress in their restoration, which led players to believe this to be a bug.

I’m pleased to be able to confirm that this is not a bug and that efforts have always been recorded. The percentage shown for Commodities sold at the affected Starports were originally being shown in 10% increments, resulting in the appearance of no progress having been made despite player efforts.

In order to ensure you’re all kept up to date with the current state of the Starport, we have reduced these increments from 10% to 1%, meaning your progress will be easier to track.

For example at The Oracle Starport, “Superconductors” were showing 0% progress. Since the aforementioned change took place, we can now see that 6% of the required “Superconductors” have been delivered! This can also be seen in Indium, Gallium, Copper etc.

We’d like to thank you all for your reports and hope that with your continued support we can get these Starports back up and running at full capacity.

Kind regards,

Paige

https://i.imgur.com/pEnrgRZ.jpg

Only I care about I saved tons off Alliance people ;)

It's not for the money that's for sure...

It's not the locally sourced goods that I have an issue delivering to the repair efforts but I'm wondering what is going to be done with these:

Code:
The annoying goods to fix The Oracle:

Natural Fabrics:        251,328  Closest Distance:  218.82ly
Emergency Power Cells:  555,108  Closest Distance:  303.36ly
Energy Grid Assembly:   278,115  Closest Distance:  292.27ly
Power Converter:        252,354  Closest Distance:  376.39ly

I'm also assuming that local supplies of the other required materials aren't going to dry up quickly as we try to deliver those which is unlikely.

I think the current number of required 728 ton Cutter trips to fix The Oracle currently stands at just about 13500 by adding up the tons needed. However, unless you plan on delivering these long range ones shieldless you're going to need a fuel scoop to haul these 218+ ly routes so less cargo for you so there goes the 728 ton number. Did FDev honestly ever look at where these goods they're asking for had to come from? But hey, at least the profit on the Power Converters will be around 414cr a ton for a whopping profit after travelling 376 ly of about 274k credits if you haul in 664 tons.

But at least once The Oracle is repaired we will once again gain access to something we can't get anywhere else...no wait...there's NOTHING different about these damaged stations that makes them ANY different from the other stations we can visit. They have Aegis labs but Aegis hasn't told us anything about them. Would repairing one station resume research into a certain area? Who knows! Maybe if FDev could kindly toss us a bone and give us REALLY good reasons to fix these stations that'd be great.

Yeah, sounds crazy.

Thought FDev had learnt by now, most players won't do things (fun or otherwise), unless there is tangible (i.e. direct) reward. (And in fact will often do UNfun (aka grindy) things, if they happen to pay very well. So the sensible thing for FDev to do is to make the fun stuff pay well...)

Alas we live in a world where everything has a price

It's not the locally sourced goods that I have an issue delivering to the repair efforts but I'm wondering what is going to be done with these:

Code:
The annoying goods to fix The Oracle:

Natural Fabrics:        251,328  Closest Distance:  218.82ly
Emergency Power Cells:  555,108  Closest Distance:  303.36ly
Energy Grid Assembly:   278,115  Closest Distance:  292.27ly
Power Converter:        252,354  Closest Distance:  376.39ly

I'm also assuming that local supplies of the other required materials aren't going to dry up quickly as we try to deliver those which is unlikely.

I think the current number of required 728 ton Cutter trips to fix The Oracle currently stands at just about 13500 by adding up the tons needed. However, unless you plan on delivering these long range ones shieldless you're going to need a fuel scoop to haul these 218+ ly routes so less cargo for you so there goes the 728 ton number. Did FDev honestly ever look at where these goods they're asking for had to come from? But hey, at least the profit on the Power Converters will be around 414cr a ton for a whopping profit after travelling 376 ly of about 274k credits if you haul in 664 tons.

But at least once The Oracle is repaired we will once again gain access to something we can't get anywhere else...no wait...there's NOTHING different about these damaged stations that makes them ANY different from the other stations we can visit. They have Aegis labs but Aegis hasn't told us anything about them. Would repairing one station resume research into a certain area? Who knows! Maybe if FDev could kindly toss us a bone and give us REALLY good reasons to fix these stations that'd be great.

^^^
This.

+Rep for you, Cmdr.

True words your speaking, 100% agree.

Last edited:
I've been pulling hundreds of tonnes of water purifier in my t-10 to titan's daughter since it went to repair but I never saw any of the numbers go down from day to day. It does make me wonder that is we don't get these stations repaired, then the thargoids move closer and closer into the bubble?

I think we've now got 9 out of 20 AEGIS stations out of action. I'm only speculating here but if all of them are out of action, do we 'loose' and the thargoids attack home worlds?

As far as AEGIS is concerned, I don't think they are INRA 2.0 but the ambiguous nature of 'are the thargoids really the bad guys/ a threat to humanity?' is getting my goat a little. I'm hoping this is cleared up soon, because without that clarity, we'll just have people not help out AEGIS because they think they're just INRA in different clothes and miss out on all the blowing up thargoid gameplay which has been awesome so far.

Top Bottom