News Starports "Under Repair": change to visibility of progress.

We should concentrate our efforts on Obsidian Orbital, in Maia, it is a non AEGIS station.

Most of the effort is going into The Oracle, which was an independent research starport (linky), The Thargoids are not actually attacking only Aegis starports, they're taking out the Aegis labs (which are not all on Aegis controlled Starports).

The Oracle gets twice the supply of Obsidian (link), so hopefully will be back in a few weeks, even faster if people didn't get distracted by OO.

This crew are organising the repairs, if you feel like helping out https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/399453-Operation-IDA-Repairing-our-Foundation

o7

Given that the Thargoids only attack a couple of stations per angry Thargoid Thursday... Presumably they have to do the washing up on Wednesdays, or take the kids to ballet, something that annoys them... and there's quite a lot of stations... You know with space being quite... big. I suspect the scenario you describe could, possibly ( unlikely) happen somewhere around 3500..

By which time they might have indicated some urgency by paying more.

Or.. more likely... Someone else might have carted the 3 million tonnes of bogroll to the outer hebrides for reasons which baffle me.

Each to their own, feel free to stay angry.

It will be a priority when there is only six functioning starports in the whole bubble and you have to wait in line for ten minutes in all play modes.

It is kinda disheartening to have neccessary quantities as high as they are, haul like a nutcase, just to see another attack happen and progress nullified (it can happen any time). We know only that we have zero influence on Thargoids and happenings.

I started some mining for Artemis as it is very close to the star (far more convenient than Obsidian) but these quantites are beyond CGs. I'm simply moving my business elsewhere. While guarding Artemis against Ant hill mob as it pays nicely.

I've said it before, the damage repair to the stations is industrial scale, the current repair response is at best home/small business scale.

I find no joy in mindlessly hauling materials and watching a counter tick up glacially. This is a needless grind.

For me, the incentives offered don't outweigh the value of the time invested. I congratulate those that are doing this and may enjoy it.

If FD would innovate a little, this could be a more worthwhile experience.

Put maybe a hundred or more mega ships in the bubble at various locations, these mega ships could be loaded with thousands of tons of needed materials by CMDR's who wouldn't have to jump long ranges.

Make it a contest, assign mega ships to known wings/groups, prizes for the most tons per CMDR given out and pay a reasonable premium for the mats, such as 150% current value. Once filled, the mega ships transport material to the repairing stations. Maybe a choice could be allowed as to where the mats go or just sent to the worst damaged ones. I'm sure others can think of many improvements beyond these suggestions.

Whatever, it won't happen.

Edit:

Even simpler, CMDR's transport material to existing stations, where it's "tagged" as outward bound cargo to the repairing stations, cargo is then picked up by "transports" (the same ones we don't see that transport our ships) at regular intervals and "taken" to their destinations.

Last edited:
Most of the effort is going into The Oracle, which was an independent research starport (linky), The Thargoids are not actually attacking only Aegis starports, they're taking out the Aegis labs (which are not all on Aegis controlled Starports).

The Oracle gets twice the supply of Obsidian (link), so hopefully will be back in a few weeks, even faster if people didn't get distracted by OO.

This crew are organising the repairs, if you feel like helping out https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/399453-Operation-IDA-Repairing-our-Foundation

o7

While I agree the Thargoids have been attacking Aegis so far (crossed-fingers :D), but the Oracle is by no means an independant port, as long as you don't really count Aegis as independant. The third post in the repair thread is a plea to start with Obsidian Orbital. I'm quite surprised Factabulous, are you sick today?

Last edited:
The stations under repair are offering a very meh price for the goods they claim to need. Odd that.

1. The players don't drive the story of the galaxy, FD does and will god mod whatever they want where to suit themselves. As a player why bother.

2. There are no rewards for getting the stations functional again. A few 100k for a cutter load is pathetic.

3. The stations offer nothing that can't be sourced elsewhere. No unique services or outfitting.

4. There is no player involvement in defending stations. They magically appear damaged on a Thursday without any player being able to do anything about it.

5. This is not fixing the root of the problem. Why are there no high pay missions for thargoid bounties or hearts. Why can we do nothing with the materials they drop months and months after 2.4 and why have the last 10 engineers not been unlocked.

6. The grind to get these stations online is obscene. Last time I checked this game wasn't free to play. Even if it were there is no benefit to players who get involved.

7. The gameplay surrounding these stations is neither rewarding, challenging, compelling or allowing player agency in the galaxy or story.

Please give your game design team a kick up the backside.

You sir are 100% spot on! I salute you! o7

Frontier please look at this comment and take action. There is a lot of great sentiment around this issue of repairing the damaged stations but please help us to help the game move along. Otherwise Human nature will kick in and people will not repair stations so far away. Please DO SOMETHING ASAP!

Out of curiosity, how do the materials and their quantity needed to repair a station compare to that of building a brand new station? There have been many CGs to build new stations, and it seems it took less materials to build a station from scratch than to repair a mostly viable, albeit damaged, station.

If it takes more material and money to repair than it took to build...well, I'll just say that I'm surprised that BMW is still around in 3304...

True when did supply and demand not become a thing. They should be paying great sums for the goods they so "desperately" need or at least some kind of compensation. Emergency services are not free. This is not a charity to the station or faction. I'm probably not going to be doing this my self but for the people that do this kind of thing don't you think they should get something out of it besides a pat on the back?

Last edited:
Top Bottom