General / Off-Topic Starship SN8 Live At SpaceX Boca Chica Launch Facility

As the title says yep it's a starship that is designed by Elon Musk in a test facility and here you can talk everything that is related to the subject.

And here's the LabPadres live link.

From what I've heard of this ship will jump 12.5km hop and land again probably very soon, Wanted to share this link to the community because this is a historical experience during our time.

This is the previous stage for successful SN5 and SN6 150m Flight Test.

And here is Everyday Astronaut who are conversation with Elon Musk about Starship in 2019.

Last edited:
Looks like launch prep work has just completed and workers are leaving pad area, SpaceX livestream is counting down to begin in around 35 minutes... exciting!!

After an afternoon watching pressurisation tests then lots of faffing about on ridiculously high cherry-picker platforms to release the control flaps, we have action... flaps extended & venting happening - and there is a high altitude NASA photography flight just taken off and heading to the area (NASA927) to film the launch. it's looking like we may be very close to that launch attempt!

Edit: NASA plane is ready on-station, Targeting ~10:30 UTC lift off... light it up Elon!

Last edited:
Well I guess at least SN8 lives to see another morning... A scrub is a better outcome than a "rapid disassembly"... but A BIT of an anticlimax!

(At least I didn't rely on YouTube's reminder feature, which decided to notify me that the stream was live 25 minutes after the scrub lol)

Hopefully they'll be able to sort the issue and try again in the next two days.

New SpaceX livestream link for today's 2nd attempt:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-BkkrRg-o

Livestream scheduled shortly for 21:00 UTC but will probably go live in final 5minutes before launch like yesterday.

Rocket is pressurized and has completed venting stages, most likely awaiting take off and arrival of NASA927 flight to film again - so could be 40-60 minutes after it sets off...

[edit] No NASA plane today, it's back in the hangar so launch will be if/when SpaceX choose to do it...

Last edited:
Launch hold at T-2:06 with partial(?) detank and awaiting a new T-0.

Update: "Tentative T-0 now 4:40 PM CST / 22:40 UTC"

Last edited:
Are they kidding me?

"Nice work" It hit the ground and blew up. It is in a thousand bits. NICE WORK? It was meant to land, the tried and failed. Nice work my butt.

Are they kidding me?

"Nice work" It hit the ground and blew up. It is in a thousand bits. NICE WORK? It was meant to land, the tried and failed. Nice work my butt.

Are you kidding me?
You have any idea how many times the Falcon prototypes failed? Now look at it.

This was a success. They have a ton of data recorded for SN 9 test.

It was absolutely incredible to watch live :LOL:

Top Bottom