State of the Game

Thanks - Ohhh I wanted a free one. But if they still for sale to lifetime passes then that’s great. I wonder if they do them in black.
Well, nowadays getting credits is ridiculously easy, so a couple hundred thousand Cr is practically free.

BTW, there was a free Eagle for some level/timeframe of backing/(pre-)purchasing with a spiffy paintjob.
But I sold it, 40k Cr was big money back then!

Your personal approach to making choices and dealing with consequences is something we share, I was obviously referring and placing my post in "overdramatized" perception of choice.
And generalizing for the sake of pimping the drama even more ;)

The only think I DON'T fully agree is "Happiness is a choice".
It's not entirely true.
How we feel and experience reality is mostly determined by the balance of neurotransmitters.
Control over emotions is limited -you can ignore or supress some states of mind/emotions/impulses/urges etc, but you can't force your brain to release the chemistry that sets your mind in some specific, extraordinary state like : happiness, extasy, love etc.

You can naturally "tune" response of your brain to given circumstances to avoid focusing on some fears/concerns/problems and overreacting in negative direction,
but when some of your deep unsatisfied needs are limiting your neurotransmitters level, the highest state you can achieve by self-control is being
"forcibly content with your life".

It's very, very far from the real happiness, although you only know the difference if you know both the "original" state and the one you are able to "set yourself to" after taking over control of some areas of your brain that are "normally" working independently from consciousness and will.
While I like enjoy your argument, I still disagree. I was depressed at one point in my life, well actually more than once, so I went to a counselor, or two; turns out it was all of my own making. I've been happy ever since, regardless of my circumstances at any given moment, because I choose to be. The alternative is no longer an acceptable thought process.

While I'm not a particularly religious person, these words ring exceptional truth:
  • "... grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". (probably unintentionally paraphrased)

life time passers would give up the exclusivity of the stupid cobra mkiv... If fdev gave us exclusive flight control communication from our carrier that recognized us as owners of the carrier and had a bunch of other things they say during takeoff and landing that are related to being the owners of the carrier - such as rattle off some stats and were super hesitant to try and sound like they are telling us to do something rather than ask kindly. Lots of ego stroking. everyone else stays with the current chatter...only LEP users get this updated comms behavior.

those be the terms of all LEP'ers.

life time passers would give up the exclusivity of the stupid cobra mkiv... If fdev gave us exclusive flight control communication from our carrier that recognized us as owners of the carrier and had a bunch of other things they say during takeoff and landing that are related to being the owners of the carrier - such as rattle off some stats and were super hesitant to try and sound like they are telling us to do something rather than ask kindly. Lots of ego stroking. everyone else stays with the current chatter...only LEP users get this updated comms behavior.

those be the terms of all LEP'ers.
FCs don't shoot you as long as you don't shoot at them, what more could anyone want?

FCs don't shoot you as long as you don't shoot at them, what more could anyone want?
I want them to Respect Muh AUTHORITAH
authoritah.gif

and tell me how much better my flying is than the cmdr's that they've seen ...etc.

While I like enjoy your argument, I still disagree. I was depressed at one point in my life, well actually more than once, so I went to a counselor, or two; turns out it was all of my own making. I've been happy ever since, regardless of my circumstances at any given moment, because I choose to be. The alternative is no longer an acceptable thought process.

While I'm not a particularly religious person, these words ring exceptional truth:
  • "... grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". (probably unintentionally paraphrased)
Nothing religious about that!! Comes from the Stoic shools (which were prevalent across Europe until Emperor Justinian (I think) had them burned down for being too heathen... and they borrowed heavily from the Epicureans and the Buddhist teachings... funny how almost all of counselling has come back to CBT (Stoicism) or Mindfulness (Buddhism) after all these years! 😏

Ah... I see... You want them to lie through their teeth to you?

yea.. be an employee

You dont think elite got to where it is today by telling whoever's idea it was "to add non-interactive plants and make the gameplay loop staring at it" that their idea was stupid and they should stop working in the video game field and go sell insurance or something instead, do you?

Let's leave it then, I will assume that feeling happiness vs being content with life are too subjective and may be not as distinctly different to others as they are to me.

Top Bottom