State of the Game

given the kinds of pies posted here from the UK... your opinion on what good pre-cooked pot pies should be made of or look like seems extremely suspect. It's almost like operating entirely off the mcdonalds menu and trying to convince the rest of the world that you're a qualified foodie. You have pot pies in a can and people actually buy them and eat them. Pretty sure that's so far below the worst 1.99 frozen tv dinner pot pie in the US that negging on the likes of marie calendar pot pies is just out of pure jealousy.
As stated earlier nobody actually eats Fray Bentos pies - they are only there to remind you to go shopping, when that's all that is left - And only students buy them -
And my dad who loves them, but he likes spam, and tinned luncheon meat !

considering they can't keep anything worth having stocked as it is, this is going to be a very sad christmas for most retailers.
Time for people to start making their own stuff - it'll be 10 times better, a load cheaper, and you'll have the satisfaction of making it yourself.
How / why do people buy 'pigs in blankets' - sausage wrapped in bacon - I reckon even my brother could cook that !

EDIt - Quick video for Brandy Butter
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSjRhIZGfg0

and what's weird is the decisions of manufacturers. they're producing things people dont want at the expense of the things that people do. Like regular Coke 2 liter bottles are busting off the shelves... but there is not a single store in a 10 mile radius that has coke zero in 2 liter bottles. For weeks.

I can only assume that's due to some kind of contractual obligation to the corn syrup lobby they have. Because it makes no sense financially. Nobody wants your stupid regular coke. We want the chemical coke that probably kills kidneys instead of giving us diabetes.

and what's weird is the decisions of manufacturers. they're producing things people dont want at the expense of the things that people do. Like regular Coke 2 liter bottles are busting off the shelves... but there is not a single store in a 10 mile radius that has coke zero in 2 liter bottles. For weeks.

I can only assume that's due to some kind of contractual obligation to the corn syrup lobby they have. Because it makes no sense financially. Nobody wants your stupid regular coke. We want the chemical coke that probably kills kidneys instead of giving us diabetes.
You guys got the new taste Coke Zero? It's pretty awful tbh if you haven't

they rolled it out early over in california, so i've been drinking what they call the new taste coke zero for probably a year now. I dont remember what the old coke zero tasted like. Either way, for coke zero, i prefer it to pepsi max. and i prefer either of those over the regular diet versions of either ...which are the worst tasting versions of either soda by far. Just very odd the way they stock regular corn syrup soda that is always in full stock but their zero's / max's are always totally empty. do they think if we see more of the regular stuff we'll be convinced to buy it?

and it's not the ingredients ...cuz they stock cans ...it's just a bottling plant decision.

they rolled it out early over in california, so i've been drinking what they call the new taste coke zero for probably a year now. I dont remember what the old coke zero tasted like. Either way, for coke zero, i prefer it to pepsi max. and i prefer either of those over the regular diet versions of either ...which are the worst tasting versions of either soda by far. Just very odd the way they stock regular corn syrup soda that is always in full stock but their zero's / max's are always totally empty. do they think if we see more of the regular stuff we'll be convinced to buy it?

and it's not the ingredients ...cuz they stock cans ...it's just a bottling plant decision.
Its an over abundance of corn syrup, which nobody else in the whole world wants...

soda taste is very regional as well since it's bottled fairly locally in most places with the water on-hand. So the water quality can impact the flavor. Soda bottled in places that have natural aquifers (like new york) taste better than in places just south of there like philly. Also, fountains are only as good as their maintenance and setup... they filter the water from the tap but who knows when that was last replaced, and the mix has to be regularly recalibrated ...which costs money. and with mcdonalds franchise owners paying for their ice cream machine to be serviced every other day, i bet they skimp out on the soda fountain guy.

Top Bottom