State of the Game

I'm, only saying it, as somebody said about my Mrs when she was admitted to hospital, "Ooh, she doesn't look bad for her age". I'm sure they were trying to be complimentary, but I felt tlike punching their lights out.
Probably just a thought carelessly uttered loudly - because they were surprised and didn't expect her to be of said age. Doesn't sound like a compliment to me, a compliment would sound more like "oh, really, I would never have guessed that, you look so much younger than this" - it has kind of the same meaning, but doesn't have negative words in it.

at least with actual reality, if i had acres and acres of undeveloped resources 5 minutes away ...there would be some reason for why that is. In elite, there is none.. just ignore all of that and pretend like the galaxy is barely bigger than the bubble. It's like they took the mentality of the limited size of the galaxy in older games, and kept it all in place for Elite despite having 400 billion systems available.
what is missing is a gameplay concept which allows to settle in new system - not you yourself, but some kind of settlers, willing to go there - they would need supplies and shelter, of course, this could be build for the first settlers and later they could be supplied with stuff - those settlers would have to create something, what they can export in return. Simply something, what makes it worthwhile to even go out to the barren systems and develop them in a way - creating outposts, setting up stations in orbit of a settled planet - stuff like this - but FDev doesn't have an idea how to make things outside the bubble interesting or worth visiting (beside taking screenshots and bragging rights) - there is no concept or a real reason to go there and if you are there, there is nothing you could possibly do there - this is one of the main reasons, why I left ED - the galaxy is huge but barren and devoid of worthwhile activities - so it doesn't matter, that there are 400 billion stars out there - in those systems is nothing interesting to do - there is no gameplay there.

Last edited:
PS Tim Curry rocks.

:D S
loaded-weapon-tim-curry.gif

Its actually done me proud as nearly every indie game I play works fine with it. Amazing old world pre plague value at £80!
In truth there are plenty of games that will run very well on modest hardware, or will scale well enough to perform adequately and still look pretty good, while having the capability to wind up the eye-candy and even stress today's best hardware.

Which only serves to emphasise how 'bad' EDO is, and how much further FD have to go to make a fairly simple expansion perform similarly to the base game!

In truth there are plenty of games that will run very well on modest hardware, or will scale well enough to perform adequately and still look pretty good, while having the capability to wind up the eye-candy and even stress today's best hardware.

Which only serves to emphasise how 'bad' EDO is, and how much further FD have to go to make a fairly simple expansion perform similarly to the base game!
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw runs at 60fps on full :D

Top Bottom