State of the Game

When I had nerve grafts back in the 90s the surgeon said no one is the same and can expect the same outcome.
The very first time I met the surgeon who looked after my two slipped (degenerate) discs, he said " the last thing I will ever do is operate as there's no guarantee it will make things better, and there is a chance that operating will make things worse."

I immediately trusted him and have referred myself back to him on other occasions.

My back is (no operations but lots of Olympic-team level physio) now fine. If you're in te UK and have back problems PM me and I'll share the name of the physio - she was excellent beyond excellence.

mmmm...
219989912_10158257425103085_7382447756766139470_n.jpg

Someone in another thread is offering David Braben to sing us lullabies... Anyone up for that level of torture/pleasure (depending on preference!)

Come to think of it, has anyone ever heard him sing? There are some dark horses out there. He might be holding out on us!
Demands for that would certainly be a welcome change from constant demands about ship interiors (yes, I want them too. No, I don't consider them a huge priority at the moment). :)

He'd have to do requests, though. If my favorite lullabies aren't on the list, I'm going to quit, post a long thread about it, uninstall the game, reformat my hard drive and burn the PC. Because THAT'll learn him!!!

elite doesn't need lullabies. just go mining for a few minutes. if you're not falling asleep in minutes, then you're already asleep and have been dreaming the entire time.
That's why I never do pure laser mining. I always load up for everything because SSD/Core is where it's at for me, but I refuse to just leave a 30% laser deposit sitting there on my way to the next Core.

Not that I do much mining at all, but I find it a relaxing pastime when I need a "break" and have some good tunes on.

That's some serious expendable cash. I'm not sure i've ever liked a game enough to pay that much for a graphics card.
It would have to be, at a minimum as far as I'm concerned, a game that offered graphics at a level that would almost literally blow my damn socks off compared to anything else on the market.

Just make sure that you are doing something else that justifies that cost, then enjoy the side benefit of superb game performance. "Boss - I need to do some video editing, can you buy this card for me. It'll save me so much time!"
Opens up some rather intriguing opportunities for tax deductions if you're an independent contractor who needs a computer for his business. I mean, not that I have any sort of experience with that kind of situation at ALL. Nope! None whatsoever!

I'd imagine it would have to be like 4k 90fps VR with everything turned up and on.

like the kind of VR you end up being found dead a week later by neighbors who are complaining about a bad smell... because you gave up on eating and drinking
Yep. Exactly that. I mean. $2,500? I could build a complete rig with that kind of money that would run 90fps+ in 4K ultra on any game I've ever heard about. Except, of course, for EDO in its current iteration, which apparently requires a quantum NASA rig to get much above 40 in some places.

I see that PRORABBIT67 hasn't learned from their previous indiscretion and has increased their shame level. 🤦‍♂️

the disturbing part is that it's not done ironically. He's just a super fan of the teletubbies.

Of course, they are not a huge priority but it is still fun to ask for them.
Absolutely. I'm just asking for a bit of variety. It IS the spice of life, after all. I mean, if we're going to make outraged, indignant demands for features, we could at least show come creativity, no?

Like Brother Darth's demands for Dredgers. It's new, it's refreshing and, let's be honest, it'd be pretty kewl.

Absolutely. I'm just asking for a bit of variety. It IS the spice of life, after all. I mean, if we're going to make outraged, indignant demands for features, we could at least show come creativity, no?

Like Brother Darth's demands for Dredgers. It's new, it's refreshing and, let's be honest, it'd be pretty kewl.

i try not to get too negative when i think about what's going to happen once the game is finally ready for consoles ... So i throw on the Fail Army channel and watch people eat it hard to put things into perspective.

Top Bottom