State of the Game

Has he been launched yet? I hope he's not dead as I post this.
he's back

1634137269823.png

probably ...

fdev's dredger side-plot is a bit frustrating. to see dredgers wasted as just another megaship when they could be so much more a part of the gameplay players experience and add an entire new dimension to the game if players wished to go that route with it. it's such a waste. They basically set the stage for dredgers to be this buildable asset - being that it's modular, not massed produced and has a means for it's own manufacturing of parts ... It's almost like the gameplay mechanic writes itself.. entire new roles, new endgame content for long term players, new interactions for newer players ...tons of opportunities for entirely new experiences in the game. rather than just copy and pasted same-old.

fdev's dredger side-plot is a bit frustrating. to see dredgers wasted as just another megaship when they could be so much more a part of the gameplay players experience and add an entire new dimension to the game if players wished to go that route with it. it's such a waste. They basically set the stage for dredgers to be this buildable asset - being that it's modular, not massed produced and has a means for it's own manufacturing of parts ... It's almost like the gameplay mechanic writes itself.. entire new roles, new endgame content for long term players, new interactions for newer players ...tons of opportunities for entirely new experiences in the game. rather than just copy and pasted same-old.
Stop having an imagination and buy ARX. Soon you can have a shopping mall on your fleet carrier :D

Stop having an imagination and buy ARX. Soon you can have a shopping mall on your fleet carrier :D

sometimes it's really hard not to think that the game is being 5th columned in real life. Someone high up on the food chain just really hating players of the game... like maybe their kid never got into sports the way they wanted because they were all into playing wing commander and x-wing and other space sim games and this is revenge.

sometimes it's really hard not to think that the game is being 5th columned in real life. Someone high up on the food chain just really hating players of the game... like maybe their kid never got into sports the way they wanted because they were all into playing wing commander and x-wing and other space sim games and this is revenge.
I know what you mean. My bitter theory is that Explorers have destroyed ED and that The Gnosis was the game forming antibodies to the infection.

I know what you mean. My bitter theory is that Explorers have destroyed ED and that The Gnosis was the game forming antibodies to the infection.
HeadCanon:

The reason that Odyssey was so underwhelming is because all the senior/talented staff at FDev were working on improvements to Powerplay.
Unfortunately, due to FDev's craptacular code management system all the PP code was replaced by cat media and nobody has the motivation to code it all again.

going up in space is going up in space. very few people alive will ever get to say they did it and not be lying. And apparently, a couple minutes is all you need for it to be that impactful.

being labelled an astronaut or not doesn't really matter. It's so unrelatable to have that perspective of seeing the earth from above it that we have people alive today who truly think the earth is flat and they're still allowed to procreate and interact outside of asylums.

<snip> It's so unrelatable to have that perspective of seeing the earth from above it that we have people alive today who truly think the earth is flat and they're still allowed to procreate and interact outside of asylums.

Wait... so you're saying that Earth isn't flat... get outta here. Everybody knows it is, I googled it and somebody said it was on the internet, so it must be true.
1634145449660.png

I should post it as a bug for Elite, really!

Top Bottom