State of the Game

These lads are rich gobshites with far too much money who paid exorbitant amounts to go on a glorified funfair ride:
fbyqlbpvgaimawp.jpg

Well it looks like Bezos even ed off Shatner

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qfVXLQBygw

Last edited:
It would only become perfection if there was an Alexa inside the rocket and you had to say ALEXA, LAUNCH ROCKET
At which point the reply would be "adding lunch rocket to your Amazon shopping list."

Cue ten minutes of yelling at it ("I'm sorry I don't know that") unplugging it and plugging it back in, asking about who has the Alexa app on their phones so they can get it connected onto the wifi again, before finally giving up.

It would only become perfection if there was an Alexa inside the rocket and you had to say ALEXA, LAUNCH ROCKET

Like Mick (who drives for Uber) said, can you imagine how close you would get to the ground before the automatic parachutes opened, after Alexa bought you a gym membership, three range rovers, and a round the world trip with Qantas?!

There is a new (ok not great) film on prime called infinite, that is very clearly sponsored by aston martin, and bezos, due to the Alexa question, which woke mine up - asking me about curtains....such a pita when not wanted.

I suppose you think the little kids on airline flights that get to go up to see the cockpit and get little plastic wings are pilots too.

Going up on Bezos' giant thruster willy doesn't make someone an astronaut, it makes them extremely rich and privileged idiots who paid money to experience weightlessness for a few seconds. And to call them astronauts sullies the actual men and women who put their lives on the line for the sake of exploration, humanity, and science.

is a pilot a pilot if his plane takes off, flies and lands on it's own as some can do?

Is a person camping if they goto a park and sleep in an RV ?

is a train conductor a conductor if his train does everything by itself?

it's very much expected that most future space flights if they go according to mission wont require human intervention. So are astronauts extinct?

the people you portray as true astronauts have the stipulations you've given to the moniker because of what was available at the time they did it... If rockets could do then what they can do now, they would have made a similar set of actions and have nothing additional to prove that they are an astronaut vs any current civilian one. Are you only an astronaut when things suck and you have to overcome them? are you only one if you do a bunch of stuff while up there instead of just look out a window, like maybe turn on some experiments and then turn them off when they're done? Maybe orbit the planet a couple times.

Your definition is chasing a preconceived image of what you want an astronaut to be, and not a practical one that differentiates the moniker. Perhaps new ones will need to be made, to differentiate all the humans who will eventually go into space and know nothing about it.... vs those who know everything about it. Like the difference between professional drivers and any idiot who can breath getting behind the wheel of a car. Both are still technically drivers though.

If I had to be serious, I would say.. the ones who are, or should be, considered astronauts, are the ones who are responsible for "doing things" especially if something doesn't go to plan. Everyone else is just a passenger.

Much like a driver of a regular car or even the one behind the wheel of a semi-autonomous one, they are the driver responsible for their passengers.
A pilot, may well have the plane do everything.. but if those things are not doing what they should be, the pilot should be able to take over and take matters into their own hand, again, responsible for the passengers.

That kind of thing, in a lazy way.. so eh eh calm down mates...

Top Bottom