Station Adrift!

I just tried to dock Cann Relay in Witch Head Nebula. It's adrift! It's slowly tumbling away, which is a cool effect and makes getting through the mailslot extra challenging, however, it makes landing on a pad nigh impossible...

I tried, I really did. I got inside, but the station kept moving under me as I tried to approach the pad (which was right behind the mailslot), and then add explosions kicking me around, I just couldn't do it. I managed to escape with minor hull damage, but personally I think the flight assist / rotational correction should compensate for the tumbling station. I actually think making an FA-off landing in a regular station would be easier.

I did not experience this yesterday. So, what's going on? Is this a rare bug, or a 'feature' for you FA-off twin HOTAS aces?

ps - Every time I try to get back into ED, it gives me a "No Duck, this is not the game you are looking for." roadblock like this, LOL.

Did you turn off the rotational correction by chance? Never witnessed what you described.
Nope, and if I sit outside the station at zero velocity, it just drifts away. I jumped back into SC, looped around, came back to the station, and the same thing happened again. I logged out and now have to get to work, but I'll try again later.

I'd bet this is the same thing we were just talking about in another thread.

I've landed on megaships that were moving.
When that happened, I found the megaship while flying a Krait, couldn't keep up with it and so I went to a nearby station, transferred my iCourier across and went chasing the megaship with that.
I was actually kind of excited at the time cos I thought the moving megaship might be something special.
Managed to land successfully and then I wondered what was going to happen when I launched.
Alas, in a bit of an anti-climax, the megaship had parked itself again when I launched.

Never been able to try a similar thing with a station, though.
Whenever one of those is moving, it always seems to be doing a couple of thousand m/s so it appears in front of you when you drop out of SC and then just disappears into the distance in a couple of seconds.

Unless, of course, FDev have actually introduced properly "rogue" stations, which I guess they might have done, right?
Right? 🤨

Last edited:
Is this a rare bug, or a 'feature' for you FA-off twin HOTAS aces?

Yup, feature for FA-off twin HOTAS aces like me... sorry, couldn´t resist to go in loud with a ton of hot air :D

Actually, i have never experienced such thing and i would instantly hop into the game and try to reproduce the bug or beat other pilots in an open competition, but it is too hot here, to wear a VR headset or fire up the rig... (close to 40°C). I really hope it is a feature though. Will try on sunday, when it is cooler and i got the heat out of my apartement.

I'd bet this is the same thing we were just talking about in another thread.

I've landed on megaships that were moving.
When that happened, I found the megaship while flying a Krait, couldn't keep up with it and so I went to a nearby station, transferred my iCourier across and went chasing the megaship with that.
I was actually kind of excited at the time cos I thought the moving megaship might be something special.
...../snip
I was proud to get through the mailslot while the station was drifting, as this is a rotating 'target' that is also moving laterally, so it's no small feat! Now landing on a pad that's rotating orbiting and moving laterally is an entirely different thing. Sure, rotational correction will compensate for rotation, but relative to my rotating frame-of-reference, the landing pad is doing this weird spiralgraph loopy-doo while the wall / floor of the station keeps 'chasing' me trying to crush me.

Needless to say I got out of there as soon as I realized what I was up against!

Has anyone else had this experience with Cann Relay today? As bugs go, this one is kinda cool, though I would like it fixed if possible (assuming it's a server-side thing) so I can go rescue some civs later.

i lost 2 ships already, after chasin the spaceport multiple times it stopped, then i managed to enter in the spaceport then suddenly without touchin anything i lost contrl then destroyed, can i have a refund? i lost 1.3 milion in ships and all exploration data...

i lost 2 ships already, after chasin the spaceport multiple times it stopped, then i managed to enter in the spaceport then suddenly without touchin anything i lost contrl then destroyed,
So it IS a real phenomenon! Sometimes I start to wonder if I'm losing my mind since I'm often the only one who experiences bugs in this game, LOL.

Just to confirm that the same station movement is occurring at the Empire Station TSAO prospect.

My usual flight pattern is to approach, request docking and then drop the landing gear at about 1km out, main drives to 0 and use thrusters to bring her in ....

Tried this and the station just moved away (drifted away would not impart the speed it left my Conda).

Ok, switch tactics and used main thrusters to get inside and then, as mentioned above, trying to actually, not literally, HIT the pad to get contact and then lower the landing gear, was a little nerve racking to say the least .. take off and exit with those rescued passengers was not easy either .. it's a real challenge and if you were not in a well shielded and hardened hull you are likely not to make it !!

It's sometimes impossible to dock due to phantom rotational correction failure, when you are in a wing at a station.

Even if you touch down, it still doesn't dock due to the instance being out of sync.

It's not that is it?

Okay this is now just stupid .. next attempt I got buffeted around and picked up fines for landing pad blocking .. this repeated itself a few times and then the STATION guns turned their fire on me and killed me !!! Trying to rescue the damn civvies.

So now Im back at a detention centre .. with a 16mil rebuy and 900 credit fine to pay .. sheesh! 😭 ..

WITHOUT MY FUEL SCOOP AND FSD BOOSTER that I used to get out their in the first place .. I quit trying to help, i'm gonna let the goids win and go smoke some onionhead while everything burns

Last edited:
Okay this is now just stupid .. next attempt I got buffeted around and picked up fines for landing pad blocking .. this repeated itself a few times and then the STATION guns turned their fire on me and killed me !!! Trying to rescue the damn civvies.

So now Im back at a detention centre .. with a 16mil rebuy and 900 credit fine to pay .. sheesh! 😭 ..

WITHOUT MY FUEL SCOOP AND FSD BOOSTER that I used to get out their in the first place .. I quit trying to help, i'm gonna let the goids win and go smoke some onionhead while everything burns
We're all doomed anyway so you might as well go out happy.

Top Bottom