Station holograms

Any one know why the arrows indicating where the portal on an orbital station is shown on the hologram as one leaves the station but not on the trip into the station where as it would do more good?

A Coriolis? They are aren't they? If you select the station the arrows appear whether you're entering or leaving afaik.
I don't look at them anymore anyway, it's always on the side which spins anti-clockwise. You can always know exactly where the entrance is after a while

Any one know why the arrows indicating where the portal on an orbital station is shown on the hologram as one leaves the station but not on the trip into the station where as it would do more good?

That's not quite it, or rather you're mistaking the reason for the arrows - they are present once you have the station selected as a target. If you want them, as soon as you drop from supercruise, select the station (which is my habit).

That's not quite it, or rather you're mistaking the reason for the arrows - they are present once you have the station selected as a target. If you want them, as soon as you drop from supercruise, select the station (which is my habit).
Are you saying I should actually target the system, I thought asking permission was sufficient.

Think you might find on this occassion one of many great advices from Vindicator Jones pretty usefull for yourself:

It's quite easy to line up with the entrance of the station even while in supercruise since you can see the exact relative position of the station on the HUD. Ever since this was implemented in the game I have never lost my way looking for the entrance. I never felt the arrows were very helpful anyway as they are a little bit hard to see on the station icon.

I usually just look for the beacons on the station. On the mail slot side, 4 corners have blue flashing beacons. On the backside the 4 corners have red beacons. If you dont see the slot, usually you can see the red beacons, just boost towards the opposite side.

It's quite easy to line up with the entrance of the station even while in supercruise since you can see the exact relative position of the station on the HUD. Ever since this was implemented in the game I have never lost my way looking for the entrance. I never felt the arrows were very helpful anyway as they are a little bit hard to see on the station icon.
I do the same. In supercruise turn til I see the slot on the hologram. Sometimes the orbits slow me down, but still better than search te slot in normal space.

Top Bottom