Statue of the PlanCo archer animatronic.

I noticed during the Gamescom streams that there seemed to be no scenery piece in Planet Zoo that builders can use to measure their work against to make sure it fits to peep scale. PlanCo's archer is a well known aid to builders making structures to a realistic scale as he was the only base game human figure scenery piece to be the same size as the peeps.

It would be both a wonderful tribute to PlanCo's builder community, and a similarly useful tool to have PlanCo's archer animatronic somehow represented in Planet Zoo. My suggestion is to turn the model into a marble/plaster statue to continue his unintended, but vital purpose in the series.

I noticed during the Gamescom streams that there seemed to be no scenery piece in Planet Zoo that builders can use to measure their work against to make sure it fits to peep scale. PlanCo's archer is a well known aid to builders making structures to a realistic scale as he was the only base game human figure scenery piece to be the same size as the peeps.

It would be both a wonderful tribute to PlanCo's builder community, and a similarly useful tool to have PlanCo's archer animatronic somehow represented in Planet Zoo. My suggestion is to turn the model into a marble/plaster statue to continue his unintended, but vital purpose in the series.

Or they could just make a human sized statue, and people can use it for scale.

Because an "archer" might not be the most intuitive choice to search for?
I've never played PC and certainly wouldn't have known this item could serve as a size reference, if I wouldn't have visited this forum. I guess, there will be plenty of new players such like me in Planet Zoo.

I certainly support a reference item for standard human size, though! :)

Planco also has various rulers available from user-made blueprints and theme makers toolkit (custom objects), Im surprised they didnt add rulers into Plazoo by default

As you write about the “Thememaker’s Toolkit” ... I have just read about it in the PC forum and was quite thrilled.
I wold love to create a zoo inspired by the “Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary” at Bali and those statues are certainly nothing, FDev would ever provide us with ... (those who have visited this palce certainly know what I mean ;) )

Will this toolkit be added to Planet Zoo as well? The technology is there, apparently.
Unfortunately, it came quite late in the product history, I guess?

Just be cautious when using Tmt, it’s not the same as the workshop and, people have had problems with It in Planco, screwing up their games (crashes, errors, slower game performance ect), even newer gaming pc and laptops. I don’t know all the technical details behind this, but I do believe it had something to do with how things are made, the system, the quality ect.I’m sure you can find more info on YouTube or something :)

Ive been playing Planco for just about 10 months and have stayed away from tmt even though it’s tempting xD

Last edited:
I suspect TMTK will make an appearance much later on - bear in mine PC didn't get TMTK until quite recently, well after swathes of new building pieces came in various DLCs. From Frontier's perspective, it makes more sense to release TMTK after they have released the bulk of planned DLCs. Reason being, why would people pay for a DLC with this theme or that theme when similar objects are available for free on the steam workshop from TMTK? Plus, it gives people far more incentive to build with the structures available and share those TMTK-free items on the workshop.

Though the technology is there, I suspect it will come quite late for PZ as well, for that reason.

EDIT: More on the topic of having an "archer" equivalent - I'm sure we'll get something, it just probably won't be the archer. It won't take long for someone to find an object that matches the ingame human height.

Top Bottom