In-Development StatusDisplay - status.json / journal display and surface navigation assistant.

at first look is simply perfect... this is what i meant...let me chech a bit tand i'll tell you if it needs some modifications, but it seems almost perfect as it is....great job cmdr!

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
at first look is simply perfect... this is what i meant...let me chech a bit tand i'll tell you if it needs some modifications, but it seems almost perfect as it is....great job cmdr!
Splendid! I padded the settings strings for multi-panels with sufficient extra bytes for potential settings.

Immediate thoughts: vary the proportion of the window taken up by the selector bar (currently 10%); allow the selector bar to be relocated (sides or bottom of element).

can you explain? i tried to relocate the bar but i cannot find a way to do that (and to be honest that was the only concern i have but you read my mind!)

I have not the monitor installed atm... But i have no reason ti think It wouldn't work since It works with the mouse...anyway tomorrow i think i Will connect It and make some fast test

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.7.0 will add the ability to select which edge of a multi-panel the selector bar is on and also its width/height, between 5% and 25% of the relevant window dimension.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.7.0 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...5/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.7.0_20191003-2111.7z

Changelog:
1) Multi-panel selector bar location now user defined. Options are top, bottom, left or right edge.
2) Multi-panel selector bar width / height now user defined in the range 5% to 25% of the element width / height.
3) Bugfix to multi-part flag structure handling.

To do list:
1) Add inter-system route handling.
2) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.
3) Add defined buttons to display information read from the Journal.
4) Improve defined button display based on Status.json information.
5) Add binding file selection option for populating MFD outer buttons.

Splendid! I padded the settings strings for multi-panels with sufficient extra bytes for potential settings.

Immediate thoughts: vary the proportion of the window taken up by the selector bar (currently 10%); allow the selector bar to be relocated (sides or bottom of element).
Just discovered this thanks in advance Robert!

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.7.1 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.7.1_20191014-1958.7z

Changelog:
1) Multi-panel selector bar can now be split into a number of "rows".
2) Multi-part flag handling modified.
3) Ancillary JSON files now written to relevant directory if "/Publish" is used.
4) FSS Enter and FSS Quit buttons now highlight if GUI is in FSS mode.
5) Updated MiningRefined event to stop subsequent of the same event showing; shows count.
6) Updated LaunchProbe event to stop subsequent of the same event showing; shows count.
7) Added System and Body reporting of available materials and indication of whether those available satisfy the requirements of a Green or Gold system / body.

To do list:
2) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.7.2 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.7.2_20191023-1802.7z

Changelog:
1) Added panels for System and Body flagging of whether materials are available to qualify as Green Basic / Standard / Premium or Gold.
2) Reworked the Status.json flag handling code.

To do list:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Work in progress for 0.0.7.3 - some "decoration":
unknown.png

Objects rotate about a designated axis (which could be all three, if it needed to be).

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Just wanted to thank you for an awesome tool! Specifically because I found this tool this past summer, I went a built a custom setup to support it!

Glad that you find it to be useful. :D

.... and your MFD 3D-printed mounts are looking pretty good so far!

No idea how, but could we change the MFD colors? I am looking at black background with colored drawn elements (lines etc..). Like leaving everything as it is but have black b/g instead of the hue background.

Top Bottom