Steam Awards Nominations Are Open - Consider Nominating Jurassic World Evolution 2

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey Park Managers!

It's officially one of the most exciting times of year for the Steam Community; Steam Awards 2021 nominations are now open! These awards are an opportunity for the community to vote for the games they feel showcase the very best of what Steam has to offer, and we would very much appreciate it if you would consider nominating Jurassic World Evolution 2 as Best Game of the Year!

We're so proud of the hard work and dedication that's been put into Jurassic World Evolution 2, building on from the original game in new and exciting ways, and we've absolutely loved seeing all of your responses and feedback as you've built your own Jurassic World. We believe that our incredible team has delivered something truly special with this game, and we're hoping you all agree! If so, we'd very much appreciate you nominating us for Game of the Year in the 2021 Steam Awards!

You can submit your nomination over on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1244460/view/3137315547334018719

Hey Park Managers!

It's officially one of the most exciting times of year for the Steam Community; Steam Awards 2021 nominations are now open! These awards are an opportunity for the community to vote for the games they feel showcase the very best of what Steam has to offer, and we would very much appreciate it if you would consider nominating Jurassic World Evolution 2 as Best Game of the Year!

We're so proud of the hard work and dedication that's been put into Jurassic World Evolution 2, building on from the original game in new and exciting ways, and we've absolutely loved seeing all of your responses and feedback as you've built your own Jurassic World. We believe that our incredible team has delivered something truly special with this game, and we're hoping you all agree! If so, we'd very much appreciate you nominating us for Game of the Year in the 2021 Steam Awards!

You can submit your nomination over on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1244460/view/3137315547334018719
Haha...it would sure would have to be the STEAM version, that broken and partial mess that you sold to us current gen console owners for $80 sure ain't a game. Still can't even use aviaries or lagoons in the JP era. Lesson of the day? Never pre-order from Frontier...EVER!!!

I love the amount of work and effort you guys have put into this, but honestly personally for me, nah this game doesn't cut it. This game is definitely an improvement visually and has more to offer feature wise. But the first game in my opinion was much better gameplay wise. Between managing scientists, fuel, and the dinosaurs constantly hurting themselves, there's just way too much for any sort of enjoyable playthrough. The complete redesign of the dinosaur creation process was unnecessary but allowed for you to incorporate the option for random unlocked cosmetics to be applied to each egg, however you neglected to do that (even though it was a feature some of us wanted since the first game) so the new process is just tedious, dumb, and inferior to the first game's by a long shot. A lot, if not all, of these issues even persist into sandbox mode which is just stupid. Also in the first game (especially in the JP era) you could start a sandbox with zero cash and slowly build up your funds from contracts to start building things. It doesn't seem that currently there's any contracts that pop up that can be completed with zero cash and zero facilities (used to be at least I could get $100k-$300k from just having no power outages for 10 minutes which was always doable in the beginning with no buildings). You should add some of those "starter" contracts back in. Also consider taking the voice clips from "return to jurassic park" and make classic contracts. It's silly playing sandbox on '93 nublar with JP buildings, guests, and staff and having JW characters offering contracts. Also to the best of my knowledge, carnivores can't cohabitate peacefully with each other even in sandbox, which is silly. Should be an option to turn all dinosaur combat off (minus eating goats) Basically even after unlocking everything, sandbox isn't really

Like I said before though, the graphics are nice, even if sometimes they do seem to me to be a bit less real and more cartoony and very reminiscent of JPOG, but I think this is only on the tropical maps. The campaign, while way too short and lame that the DFW assets don't get added to sandbox, was refreshingly different. Chaos Theory mode was great. I had a lot of fun playing through different moments in the franchise's history and honestly I hope you add DLCs to this mode (also consider adding some of the assets to sandbox that are missing like the san diego amphitheater, the JP3 bunk, and the JW style arrival helipad). The fact that you can't unlock everything in one playthrough of a single mode was also a nice touch as it totally pushes you to experience the full game. I know a lot of people don't like challenge mode but hiding some of the dinosaurs behind that was clever. Tedious, but unlike the issues addressed above, it's a unlock once and be done with it issue. The addition of the flying and swimming animals of course was amazing. The different foliage types are really nice. The tall fruit one is gorgeous and really reminds me of a prehistoric jungle environment.

Of course this is all just my personal opinion and probably not reflective of the majority of the playerbase, but as someone that loved the first game and was really excited for this one, I simply wanted to share my thoughts on it.

I don't recall frontier acknowledging the JP era issues?
I mean respond in the most GENERIC way possible. As a matter of fact the same staff member that put up this post. Like I said though, no actual statements about plans to fix it were ever mentioned, so for all we know it could have all just been lip service (or in this case, keyboard service).

I mean respond in the most GENERIC way possible. As a matter of fact the same staff member that put up this post. Like I said though, no actual statements about plans to fix it were ever mentioned, so for all we know it could have all just been lip service (or in this case, keyboard service).
What surprises me is that the Frontier team is made, I am sure, of intelligent people who'd have reasonably expected this and the community reaction. So the lack of engagement, response and action are even more surprising.

What surprises me is that the Frontier team is made, I am sure, of intelligent people who'd have reasonably expected this and the community reaction. So the lack of engagement, response and action are even more surprising.
This is what happens when people pre-order a game from a company like Frontier.

Top Bottom