Steam forum ban for "contesting moderation" for 1 week

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Okay, now I know this isn't really the place for this, however since I can't get in contact with "a forum moderator" I would like to ask if its possible to review this (totally out of place if I'm being honest) ban on the steam forums. I could maybe understand if it was 48 hours as a "don't do this" however even then getting banned for asking "why did two of my posts just up and vanish?" said post in itself vanished and I thought nothing of it, posted for an hour or two then boom, one week ban for "off topic/contestining moderation" thing is, 95%+ of my posts on steam forums (I'll provide a link) we're me basically either asking for help in the game, or helping players newer than me.

The only two posts (three if you count the third which was deleted) that got vanished were one where I had a poke at someone rocking a terrorist flag in their profile pic (antifa, the type of people who beat up Asian reporters for being 'white supremacists' and if I had an ISIS flag or a swastika as a PFP I assume people would make similar comments) the other post that got deleted was in a thread asking about PvP, where I got a little critical about frontier's development model.

I never engaged in the obvious trolling threads where the people posting were literally attempting to get banned and most of my posts have been polite (if asking for help) and helpful (if helping other players) so I would like to ask whatever moderator comes across this, probably to delete it and/or ban me from here to please ask the steam mods to not be so ban hammer-y as the ability to ask for help from the community, which is what all of my threads are about really wrecks the player experience.

Sorry to have to post this here, however I've found no other way to contact frontier support.

Link to profile in question and all their threads on ED steam forums:

Last edited:
Just take your week ban, and then contact the steam moderators and ask for a full explanation as you are not aware of exactly what your issue was, and you do not want to repeat it accidently.

Then get on with your gaming.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Okay, now I know this isn't really the place for this, however since I can't get in contact with "a forum moderator" I would like to ask if its possible to review this (totally out of place if I'm being honest) ban on the steam forums. I could maybe understand if it was 48 hours as a "don't do this" however even then getting banned for asking "why did two of my posts just up and vanish?" said post in itself vanished and I thought nothing of it, posted for an hour or two then boom, one week ban for "off topic/contestining moderation" thing is, 95%+ of my posts on steam forums (I'll provide a link) we're me basically either asking for help in the game, or helping players newer than me.

The only two posts (three if you count the third which was deleted) that got vanished were one where I had a poke at someone rocking a terrorist flag in their profile pic (antifa, the type of people who beat up Asian reporters for being 'white supremacists' and if I had an ISIS flag or a swastika as a PFP I assume people would make similar comments) the other post that got deleted was in a thread asking about PvP, where I got a little critical about frontier's development model.

I never engaged in the obvious trolling threads where the people posting were literally attempting to get banned and most of my posts have been polite (if asking for help) and helpful (if helping other players) so I would like to ask whatever moderator comes across this, probably to delete it and/or ban me from here to please ask the steam mods to not be so ban hammer-y as the ability to ask for help from the community, which is what all of my threads are about really wrecks the player experience.

Sorry to have to post this here, however I've found no other way to contact frontier support.

I have brought this to a CM's attention.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

Hi again. Please email community@frontier.co.uk to appeal your ban. Thanks.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom