Steam Summer Sale 2019

I also bought it a few days ago, but only tried it for around a half an hour or so,still can't in due conscience give an proper opinion.
Is it an rpg in the same vein as Pillars of Eternity, or is more action-y? Couldn't really decide from the trailers. I'm hoping for a character and story driven rpg, with more compelling combat than PoE which seems a bit dry to me.

So far I picked up Hearts of Iron IV, AC Origins Hidden Ones, AC Odyssey and -don't laugh- Angry Birds VR even though my Rift is currently dismantled.

Out of these I only tried Hearts of Iron, and it could be the first Paradox strategy game I will actually play. :)
I like the WW2 setting, and the concept behind the management is less abstract to me than Europa Universalis IV or Stellaris. I know what a tank is and I'm even slightly familiar with the planes and ships. :)

Is it an rpg in the same vein as Pillars of Eternity, or is more action-y? Couldn't really decide from the trailers. I'm hoping for a character and story driven rpg, with more compelling combat than PoE which seems a bit dry to me.

It's more action-y. No turn based combat, it's always real time. It also seemed more click-festy and less tactical than Pillars of Eternity or Divinity Original Sin, but this can be a pro or a con, depending on personal preference.

It's more action-y. No turn based combat, it's always real time. It also seemed more click-festy and less tactical than Pillars of Eternity or Divinity Original Sin, but this can be a pro or a con, depending on personal preference.
Just picked it up with all the dlc, along with all the dlc for Kingdom Come. And Resident Evil 2. I'm weak.

Just picked it up with all the dlc, along with all the dlc for Kingdom Come. And Resident Evil 2. I'm weak.

Thats a nice haul! I can assure ya you will have a full year of gaming out of all of this. Also, I assume you got remastered RE2 - I never been much in to RE game play (burn the heretic!) but it is VERY entertaining this one!

In case you never played it, Dragon Age: Origins is an exceptional character and story driven RPG, made by Bioware. The best in the series by a huge distance, before the EA virus set in and they started dumbing down (and PC'ing down) their games (and before the original bioware team left).

Even though it already has EA "stickers" (in the loading screen), is it still a game by the old school Bioware, made by the original Bioware devs, and written by the old Bioware writers. It has all the great things we once expected from a Bioware game, great characters, epic story, great gameworld. In fact DA: Origins is, in my opinion, Bioware's Magnum Opus, their top creation, it all started to go downhill fast since then.

Battlemech just for about a bit more then 10 ? ... credits.

just sayin' - and having a blast with it.
It's that round based one from HairBrainedSchemes also known for theire Shadowrun games.

Last edited:
I caved in and got TW Romance 3 Kingdom or wossname. I can say that after playing for a day I'm not really warming up to it.
There is two modes, Romance and Records with Records like classic TW. Romance has superheroes. Units are now grouped per officer leading a retinue (7 units max officer included) and army is 3x retinue so 18 units and 3 generals.
Characters have various background "professions" but it's not well explained in the game. F1 overlay replaces tooltips often. Game lexicon isnt finished and takes long to load. I get why they use browser, but Stellaris wiki is faster.
Expectedly unit variety isn't great, but what really annoyed me is I couldn't even figure out how to unlock certain units. Like T2 archers. what?
Did about 5 campaign restarts with various factions, it takes time to get accustomed to new stuff to control but none of the playthroughs were that captivating. I mean I had two but I really really suspect the AI is a terrible cheater at times. I'm trying to pull the same off like they did and I think they just auto win maybe scripted at the start of campaign? In the FoW?
Quality looks good though. Not as artsy as Shogun 2, but OK. Advisors kinda get on me nerves now, so I turned off the babbling. What intrigues me are the RP aspects, I like to see those emphasized on.
Gotta give it more tries - maybe even try arcade romance mode - to hell with it.

In case you never played it, Dragon Age: Origins is an exceptional character and story driven RPG, made by Bioware. The best in the series by a huge distance, before the EA virus set in and they started dumbing down (and PC'ing down) their games (and before the original bioware team left).

Even though it already has EA "stickers" (in the loading screen), is it still a game by the old school Bioware, made by the original Bioware devs, and written by the old Bioware writers. It has all the great things we once expected from a Bioware game, great characters, epic story, great gameworld. In fact DA: Origins is, in my opinion, Bioware's Magnum Opus, their top creation, it all started to go downhill fast since then.
I completely agree concerning Bioware and Dragon Age: Origins. That was a fantastic game, followed up by the utter decline of a once proud, groundbreaking development studio. I won't even glance at a Bioware game anymore.

In other news: I just played through the opening "prologue" of Kingdom Come Deliverance and my opinion is "Holy hell, what a strong start!" Too early to say what I think of all the gameplay systems, but what I've seen so far is awesome, and the story is the most powerful start to any RPG I've ever seen, without exception...probably an understatement, really. I've never played any video game that stirred the same kinds of emotions as when I first watched Braveheart all those years ago, but this game's prologue just pulled off that feat and then some. Can't believe this one has been languishing in my Steam Library utterly ignored for the last year or so since it first released.

In other news: I just played through the opening "prologue" of Kingdom Come Deliverance and my opinion is "Holy hell, what a strong start!" Too early to say what I think of all the gameplay systems, but what I've seen so far is awesome, and the story is the most powerful start to any RPG I've ever seen, without exception...probably an understatement, really. I've never played any video game that stirred the same kinds of emotions as when I first watched Braveheart all those years ago, but this game's prologue just pulled off that feat and then some. Can't believe this one has been languishing in my Steam Library utterly ignored for the last year or so since it first released.

Indeed, KCD is one hell of a game. A fantastic RPG, where everything matters. And the world and story, you truly feel like you're living Henry's life, not just making some quests following some quest markers. At first the game might feel frustrating because the character at the beginning of nthe story is just a worthless nobody, and damn I have never felt such a sense of actual character progression, and especially earned character progresssion, in any other game as much as in this one.

A truly wonderful gem, I hope Warhorse Studios makes more of them, although now that they've been acquired by THC Nordic, I don't know if they'll still have the same creative freedom that is absolutely necessary to come out of the box and make a game like this.

Finally jumped the gun, and got myself Stellaris with a bunch of expansions. Boy this game is complex!

I feel I'm going to need some starting tips!

Finally jumped the gun, and got myself Stellaris with a bunch of expansions. Boy this game is complex!

I feel I'm going to need some starting tips!
Just play, I always find games much more fun figuring them out for myself, than watching utub, or reading about them.
I really like stellaris, and endless space I, II

Top Bottom