IMPORTANT: Steam Workshop Update regarding your Blueprints

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
We’re getting close to Planet Coaster’s launch on November 17, 2016 and we’re really excited to see everyone playing and contributing to the Steam workshop and here on our forums! With our Beta fast approaching as well, we have a small but important update in regards to the Steam Workshop as we move toward these upcoming milestones.

Items posted to the Workshop in the Alpha version of Planet Coaster will NOT be available in the full release of the game, but there is a super easy way to save your Workshop items locally and transfer them with you into Beta.

If you have already saved your blueprint locally, you can skip this! If you don’t, here’s how you can do it:
  1. Go to your Steam Library, find Planet Coaster Alpha and click on “Browse The Workshop” button
  2. Click on Your Files > Files You’ve Posted
  3. Subscribe to the items you haven’t got local blueprints of and wait for Steam to download them
  4. Load up a new, empty park on any available level

Now you’re ready to start saving these items locally; once your game has loaded, continue with the following steps to preserve your amazing creations for the Beta:
  1. Place the workshop item in your park
  2. Using the multi-select tool, select the workshop item you’ve just placed
  3. On the top-right, click on the “Save Item As Blueprint” button
  4. Give your blueprint a title and description

That’s it! You’ve saved your blueprint locally and are ready to go. When the Beta/full release of Planet Coaster is released, you’ll be able to access the locally saved blueprint from the “My Blueprints” tab in Sandbox Mode – which you’ll be able to upload at your convenience to the Beta/full release Workshop. Also bear in mind that the current Alpha will be available to play a little after the Beta has gone live, so you don't have to rush to save your Workshop items.

Have a nice evening,
Bo [heart]

Thanks for the info, Bo!

Hmm, I thought it will be like this, so no surprise :)
So I have to prepare for this then!

Have a great evening and thanks for the cool stream!
Cheers
tom

Sounds like Beta is coming really soon. Would be super cool if it would last until release!
Would make sense to me because alpha to beta to alpha to release is not that efficient in my eyes [squeeeeee]

Thank you!!

I wonder, when creating items I save them as blueprints first and then upload these to steam. Will it be sufficient to be carried over to the proper version or should I still do your instructions?

Hey Bo

Am I being daft, but all my workshop items are still under My Blueprints within my game. Is this what you mean by it already being saved locally? If so, can I not just re-upload them to the Workshop again after release.

I apologise for being a ding-bat [haha]

Edit: I've just re-read your post and it seems you answered my question before I asked it. DUUUUUUURH! [wacky]

Last edited:
Am I being daft, but all my workshop items are still under My Blueprints within my game. Is this what you mean by it already being saved locally? If so, can I not just re-upload them to the Workshop again after release.

Yes, you are completely right, they are already stored locally, and easy to re-upload after release [happy]

Last edited:
Hi Nemmie,

you're not the only one :)
I thought the same, and started to put all blueprints into an empty park.... then I re-read the post, and yes, I understood it then as well... LOL, I'm happy, I'm not the only one :)

Have a great evening!
tom

I'm glad I'm not the only one then Tom [haha]

And I don't want to rub it in dude, but you've got your work cut out for yourself, re-uploading all your 5 million items back onto the Workshop lol [wink]

Last edited:
OK... does it mean that all our saved game will be deleted when the transfer will occur..or just the workshop items? PLS lol don't say that the saved game will be lost, i'm gonna cry for months ;)

C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Planet Coaster - just copy this stuff, put it in a safe place, and paste it back when beta happens; you should be able to re-use your old parks, If I'm wrong someone correct me. :p

Last edited:
Oh wow!

That's sort of a bummer that the whole workshop gets "reset".
All the threads here promoting workshop items will die too.

Oh well. It is what it is. [bored]

Will we get a warning before (Like a day or so) Beta is pushed so we can copy parks first? People are still creating up to that point saving now will still lose all progress until then...or do we stop playing now?

I know people have already been asking - but I'm gonna ask so I'm sure... I have some things that I've made that I've saved as blueprints that are available in "My Blueprints". These are "saved locally", I take it? Are these things still going to be available upon release of Beta? Or do I have to do anything like what you're talking about above? Sorry for being ignorant...[uhh]

Ok, so I have all my blue prints saved locally & thought I'd copy them to another location (just to be on the safe side). All but one folder copied, I received an error that the folder is no longer there. Checked in game & the blue print is still usable in game. Tried in File explorer to delete file & received "no longer there" error. I have windows 10. Does anyone know how to get rid of this folder? (I've re-saved the item in game under a different blue print name. Just don't want this rouge folder causing issues down the track.)

I have a question, will we have to do this again when Planet Coaster gets released on the 17th of November, or will everything from the beta be carried over?

Top Bottom