Ships Stellar Couriers Association

I am surprised that there isn't an official thread of this formidable ship, is one of the fastest and funny to fly.

Let's talk about it.

Funny I just dusted off the old courier yesterday. Took it on a joy ride around Jameson station. In fact there was somebody else there doing the same thing in a courier. Mine is set up for speed and wake scanning. With my engineering the best I can do is 818ms. When 3.0 comes ill see if I can bump it up. Guy yesterday said his was at 840 so there seems to be room to improve. But yes fun ship. One I'll never sell. :)

It's a funky little ship... Not well suited to full FA-off which is mainly why I sold mine but I can see the speed appeal!

I was using iCourier in Imperial Navy rank grind. I'm still having it in my hangar, its semi engineered with 3rd grade dd enhanced thrusters and lightweight build except wake scanner, cause I'm using it mostly for wake scanning and traveling across bubble. It is not fast yet as it can be, but it can boost up to 750. Maybe I'll try to max it out in 3.0. Things i love in this ship are "mosquito" design, speed and fighter jet style cockpit :D

I've been looking at getting another Courier. Not had one for ages, but the only role I really have to fill is Stealth ship.
At the moment I have a DBX for that, but I want to sweep out any none Imperial ship and replace with a pure basking fleet.

Is the Courier any good for heat management / stealth / smuggling styles of play?
As I only ever had a combat one before.

(I'll engineer after the changes)

I did some high speed wake scanning in the beta. I got mine too 875 m/s, but I am sure you can go faster :D
I have 5 iCouriers :D

o7

I am thinking in buy experimental thrusters that palin sell, do you think worth it? For a multiporpose orientation, i mean.

I am thinking in buy experimental thrusters that palin sell, do you think worth it? For a multiporpose orientation, i mean.

Do you mean enhanced thrusters? Yes...yes you should. According to coriolis stock 3A on my build gives a 436ms boost. Stock 3A enhanced gives a 608ms boost. That's of course without DD upgrade or weapons.

I did some high speed wake scanning in the beta. I got mine too 875 m/s, but I am sure you can go faster :D
I have 5 iCouriers :D

o7

I went in with 818ms and 34ly jumps. Came out with 876ms and 38ly. The courier with be my first upgrade when 3.0 comes.

Do you mean enhanced thrusters? Yes...yes you should. According to coriolis stock 3A on my build gives a 436ms boost. Stock 3A enhanced gives a 608ms boost. That's of course without DD upgrade or weapons.

I went in with 818ms and 34ly jumps. Came out with 876ms and 38ly. The courier with be my first upgrade when 3.0 comes.

Yes, enhanced thrusters. Thanks

I find it one of the more enjoyable ships to fly and use mine for wake scanning operations. I'm not as fast as most but still can reach over 600 with a boost with a combat build so I'm plenty happy.

I got my Courier relatively quickly after restarting my commander in 2016. I used it for missions, light cargo running, fighting, planetary landings, everything really. Still have it, and I still love taking it out into a high or haz rez and just hunting bad guys until my guns are empty. (Or until I go spinning off into a big rock or lump of ice because I decided to solo an elite Anaconda and their SLF.)

Much better title than the standard "appreciation society" ones. [up]

My Courier is my primary ship, and I have them all.
Small, fast, decent shields, decent firepower, and pretty. [heart]
Runs HOT though, but I'm used to it.

Much better title than the standard "appreciation society" ones. [up]

My Courier is my primary ship, and I have them all.
Small, fast, decent shields, decent firepower, and pretty. [heart]
Runs HOT though, but I'm used to it.

HOT, i need to wear a welding mask when flying my i-cooker. :D. Fun though

When I'm in the mood to fly a General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon or McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet I don't need to fire up X-Plane. The Imperial Courier fulfills that emotional desire nicely. It is the combat fighter of ED and the cockpit plus sounds even feels right. Still for me I'll improve my kill rate/time with the weapons load out on a Vulture and certainly an FAS. But for exhilaration the Courier wins.

dxbAwbt.png

iCourier owner, signing in.

It came in a bulk purchase - last week I did all the rank run, from none to Duke in a vain attempt to get iCutter. Reaching Duke I was still 60M short in funds so insteadof Cutter I bought:
- iEagle
- iCourier
- iClipper

Right now I'm enojying Clipper but I have plans for Courier. Since I have all rank with Empire done, it's time for... Federation. And I intend to rank through Fed ranks while in iCourier. Let's show them pesky Feds how data delivery missions should be executed. Political, social, economic espionage at its best.

Apart from quick flight around the station I purchased my iCourier I haven't touched it. I had it delivered to my home base so I don't know how capable it is. I have engineered FSD for it, tho legacy G5 one. Luckily it shares FSD with other ships so I'll crank it up to new G5 levels - one engineering, multiple uses. Looks like interesting ship. I wonder how it performs.

Update! With new engineering, picked up 4ly and 70m/s.
Before (28.5ly, 680m/s)
After (32.5ly, 747m/s)
(edshipyard is off by .2ly, not sure why)

I'm actually experimenting with a 2nd beam (w/ regen) instead of the MC. The new distributor and -dist draw on lightweight... I can run 2 beams for 1.5 minutes at 4 pips without overheating because of the crazy buff to thermal vent! [yesnod]

Fun ship, looks nice and has a great cockpit, makes a great air to ground fighter and has amazing shields, it's fast and can be punchy. I love mine so add me to the list of happy owners, liked it so much I had to work on completing the set and got the I-Eagle and Clipper, may go for that Cutter and complete the set, it has sent me on that Imperial rank "grind" for the full set. Still love it.

Top Bottom