Stellar Unknown Expedition

How sad it is there is no shipyard functionality at Anchorage. I would LOVE to take an expedition like this in some bizarre ship (sidey, Type-10, Chieftain, etc.), but there's NO WAY I would fly it back. Any thoughts?

How sad it is there is no shipyard functionality at Anchorage. I would LOVE to take an expedition like this in some bizarre ship (sidey, Type-10, Chieftain, etc.), but there's NO WAY I would fly it back. Any thoughts?
Grim Pioneer in Stuemeae BA-A d955 has a shipyard (wait nevermind might have misread some info on EDDB). Still not sure how that gets rid of your return trip tho

There is no shipyard but there is outfitting. If you want to fly all way out here in a sidewinder, you can engineer all your modules, and dump the engineered ones in the station near Sag A. Be careful you have at least one of every core module stocked away in the bubble or you might lose it if its not in stock (at the moment, everything is in stock according to EDSM). You will lose your ship unless you fly back to colonia though, and if you decide to suicide at Explorer's Anchroange you have to pay to ship your modules to the bubble.

Right, since XA doesn't have a shipyard, you can't do the "suicidewinder" trick to get home. But the next best thing is this: Store all of your engineered modules at XA (and sell the unengineered modules), so that the ship has nothing but E-rated core modules on it. Then suicide back, taking the free sidewinder option. You lose the ship itself, and then you have to pay for transferring your modules back too, so it's more expensive. But it gets you home, without losing your engineering.

One (already mentioned) option is to store engineered modules at Explorer's Anchorage and then transfer them back to the Bubble.
Another option is to go through the Highway to Colonia, which is not very far.

Is there any estimate on how many LY per WP? And Are the WPs weekly? It would be nice to get the further midpoint WP as well :) It would help with Plotting. In DW2 I had some extra sights I wanted to check on the route but It was easier to check what was the general direction of the fleet. We knew we went through Anchorage to BP. That's all before I starting my outfitting madness :)

Are the WPs weekly?
The expedition starts in end of August and ends in the end of November. That gives us 13 weeks. The plan is set for 12 waypoints. So we should mostly be doing one WP weekly.
Is there any estimate on how many LY per WP?
The only thing we can for now look at to guesstimate is the expedition's badge :) And it shows that we should go from the Bubble to the western end of the Galaxy and then to the core. Which gives at least 60 KLys (maybe more). And that gives us approximately 5000 Lys per WP or maybe slightly more.

Last edited:
The expedition starts in end of August and ends in the end of November. That gives us 13 weeks. The plan is set for 12 waypoints. So we should mostly be doing one WP weekly.

The only thing we can for now look at to guesstimate is the expedition's badge :) And it shows that we should go from the Bubble to the western end of the Galaxy and then to the core. Which gives at least 60 KLys (maybe more). And that gives us approximately 5000 Lys per WP or maybe slightly more.
Western? We are mostly going up the eastern sides ^^. We will announce the WPs closer to the launch date, but for a rough estimate, we will follow the natural curve in the galaxy map, till the center where we might collide with LRH, and then continue west towards the core.

hey there - CMDR WhiteHat checking in.

it says on the EDSM page that the estimated distance is 26k LY. is that still the case?

hey there - CMDR WhiteHat checking in.

it says on the EDSM page that the estimated distance is 26k LY. is that still the case?
That is the direct distance between Start and End, not considering the other waypoints as those are not set to public. This will easily get to 100k ly.

I am kind of hoping the Wp's will be given out each week like in DW2, it kept the fleet together and made for great meetups and mass jumps.
I also looked forward to the mystery of the next WP with anticipation with the rest of the fleet.

RB

Since the organizers of Stellar Unknown have yet to do any updating on this thread, I will provide a quick summary of current happenings:

Updated list of waypoints:

Note: Waypoints are subject to change

The current basecamp is: Rhadia DQ-O d6-5 - Planet 2A Geo Site #6
Hull Seals and Fuel Rats are on station in case you require repairs or fuel.

Important note: When reaching WP 7, please make sure to manually throttle to 0 while in Hyperspace.
Do NOT rely on the Supercruise Assist Module's "Hyperspace-Dethrottle" as it will NOT slow you down in time and you will hit the black hole's EZ upon arrival.

Official meetups at the basecamps are happening weekly on Sunday at various times:
  • EU: Planetary meetups -> 18:00 UTC | Mass jump -> 20:00 UTC
  • NA: Planetary meetups -> 22:00 UTC | Mass jump -> 24:00 UTC
  • AS: Not covered by official schedule. Feel free to organize your own meetups!
  • OC: Not covered by official schedule. Feel free to organize your own meetups!
Current events: At this week's basecamp, the Stellar Unknown Fleet will be meeting up with participants of the LRH 3305 expedition, on their way back from Beagle Point, for a joint meetup and ship refurbishment, courtesy of the Hull Seals.
Sunday 6 October 3305 - 18:00 IGT until 23:00 IGT

Informational documents for each leg of the expedition can be found here:
Other resources:

Last edited:
Top Bottom