Still waiting......

It was Fd which promised feature in the kickstart.

It's quite normal, for those who has a brain and like to use it, being a bit… unpleasent for how things went in last 3 (!) years of (almost none) development of Elite...
Perhaps then, you might consider yourself lucky that I am not the person in charge of Frontier. It is well known that there IS some new content on the way. If I were the one releasing it, that release would be accompanied with a statement: "Here is the last release for Elite: Dangerous. Make the most of it. We can't be arsed with the whingers any more, so we're closing the Forum, discontinuing development, and will be turning off the servers within the next year. And no, you can't have the base code to play with either."

Perhaps then, you might consider yourself lucky that I am not the person in charge of Frontier. It is well known that there IS some new content on the way. If I were the one releasing it, that release would be accompanied with a statement: "Here is the last release for Elite: Dangerous. Make the most of it. We can't be arsed with the whingers any more, so we're closing the Forum, discontinuing development, and will be turning off the servers within the next year. And no, you can't have the base code to play with either."
That's a bit harsh, don't you think?
Maybe this can only apply to people who complain about stuff not arriving fast enough while this pandemic is going on? I would like that.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think?
Maybe this can only apply to people who complain about stuff not arriving fast enough while this pandemic is going on? I would like that.
Oh, definitely a bit harsh. But that's the point I think. Frontier has shown no intention in this direction. Rather, incredible forbearance.

I wouldn't be so forgiving.

That would be very bad style to lure people in, as from the wording it strongly suggested some imminent reveal at the end of this stream. That's where I think the OP has a point - a huge point. Strange part is, that I actually expected something like that (no significant infos at all), despite the otherwise suggesting wording. If I would have spend a major time in this stream just for that infos, I would be seriously miffed by now. Fortunately, I didn't. :p

Which is why they clarified it with "not immediately after, no, just after."

You would be an incredibly terrible game developer. :p

Good luck trying to create a game that nobody ever criticizes with even a single word. The company would be ruined in record time.

You would be an incredibly terrible game developer. :p

Good luck trying to create a game that nobody ever criticizes with even a single word. The company would be ruined in record time.
I'm already a terrible game developer :) This is why no idea of mine ever even gets off the drawing board.

In one of the recent streams it was stated that the announcement would be on the 26/03 2020, not before.

Just maybe some should do their homework before coming on here raving and ranting.

I will understand if it is delayed due to the way things are at the moment, but that is out of the devs hands.

In one of the recent streams it was stated that the announcement would be on the 26/03 2020, not before.[...]

Source?

I think all we know is that it will be sometime after the 24h livestream/after the end of February. And we can assume that it's maybe a bit delayed due to the current situation. But where do you have that exact date from?

Source?

I think all we know is that it will be sometime after the 24h livestream/after the end of February. And we can assume that it's maybe a bit delayed due to the current situation. But where do you have that exact date from?
Probably as that is the only date in March that Will is on the Livestream? I'll have to listen to the recent streams as this was denied on the forum recently.
(The post from Stephen(?) saying this I'll try to find and link later)

Probably as that is the only date in March that Will is on the Livestream? I'll have to listen to the recent streams as this was denied on the forum recently.
(The post from Stephen(?) saying this I'll try to find and link later)

Nope, that would have been the 19th, but the March livestreams got canceled anyway.

True & true :)
Where did the 26th come from, any idea?

Nope, that's why I asked him. Never heard that one before.

My guess is that's simply wishful thinking once again. I think Stephen said in one of the latest streams that Will being on the stream on the 19th does not mean it will be a reveal and will be a fun livestream instead. I assume some people took that as "well, the following week then".

Top Bottom