Stop Auto Expiring Tickets in issue tracker please, these problems listed here are not fixed

That is why i also stoped with reporting issues for planet zoo. All the reports i did were expired without being fixed, just like most of the other reports of people... After months most of the bugs arent even fixed but the reports are expired :/
Which is especially frustrating if you put a lot of work into those bug reports. I used to provide screen shots, videos, a TON of details - all to just be "swept under the rug" as soon as the next update was released, regardless if the bug was fixed or not. I feel your pain... :(

I mean: what is the point of reporting bugs if the expire without being fixed (after months) :(
It's a bone we can chew on, that keeps us from barking...

At least this is my view right now.
I do understand that it might not be easy for them to solve all things at once and that they need time (also considering the human malware situation).
But I really would appreciate if they would convert a little bit of their community-activities into proper changelogs and honest/transparent information about known issues.

It's a bone we can chew on, that keeps us from barking...

At least this is my view right now.
I do understand that it might not be easy for them to solve all things at once and that they need time (also considering the human malware situation).
But I really would appreciate if they would convert a little bit of their community-activities into proper changelogs and honest/transparent information about known issues.
i also understand that things take time, and i don't expect them to fix a bug within a week after posting the bug or something..:)

but there is NO communication on what bugs they are working on, an idication of a timeframe... (and also no communication about the rewards for the community challenges).

That would explain why everything I submitted is still 'confirming. Thanks for letting me know not to waste my time anymore submitting evidence of issues.

It is laugable we paid a AAA price for a Alpha release game. And now we are expected to constantly re-report issues cause their system automatically deletes our reports. i'm not interested in hearing it is to help players find a bug listed in bug reporter (seriously, this is the reasoning?) Maybe the system need to be looked at them cause this entire situation is beyond a joke. This is essentially spitting in the face of your customers, those are the people who buy your game and DLC, which in turn pays you. the staff.

I had high hopes for this game when it was announced. But it was clear to me when it took a month to fix a bug with the bug reporter, yes, that happened, that this game was not going to be what it could have been. The fact that It was only addressed when I was venting on a 3rd party platform speaks volumes as to how flawed the bug/customer support system actually is. But hey rather than address this, it's the customers job/ fault.

I had a simillar experience with Civ 6 we were playing a MP match, a patch rolls out it breaks my game, searching others were having the same issue. After 2 weeks of back and forth with support via email. It is somewhat resolved with a new windows profile. Note this is 2K games they have live 24hrlive chat support for NBA & WWE game but not CIV, no we are reduced to email. A few weeks pass a new patch guess what the normal profile works again. But guess what they just lost a whole bunch of sales cause we all stopped playing and we are not going to be buying DLC, nor do I think any of us will be buying future games. We did discuss this we all have been playing since CIV 3.

I am sure the forum white knights will come to defend as per usual , but it is clear this minority will not be able to pay your wages. Food for thought.

I am sure the forum white knights will come to defend as per usual , but it is clear this minority will not be able to pay your wages. Food for thought.

Can you link me to a source where it is clear that people having minor to none bugs are in a minority? Because just because people with bugs are more vocal, doesn't mean they are the majority? Search for a female version of "knight" if you wish, but this sentence is just exaggaration. I watch Lets Plays like others do Netflix, I play the game myself. I have yet to find bugs that make this game feel "Alpha" in any shape or form.

Has this game issues? Yes. And by now I'm probably a pain in Frontiers behind with stating my honest opinion and that is not all chorous of praise. But all the implementet "ohooo, you will loose your job, nobody will buy this game, all players run away, the people that can play this game without major problems are in the minority" threats are just ridicolous and won't solve any problem, because it has nothing to do with constructive critisism.

That said, I'm not a fan of the current issue tracker version myself. I always tought "can replicate" means, I know what triggers the bug - which I didn't,so that I often clicked "no". Now I know I should click "yes" next time, but maybe Frontier could look into making the progress of reporting a little easier.

I don't think you qute get what I mean cause i have been here from day 1 and seen that little section being quite aggressive towards people voicing their just concerns. That is white knighting in it's truest definition.

Any game these days will have bugs this is a function of game produces having unrealistic time tables that force devs to release buggy games. Alpha bage you know what you are entering into and part of that experience is to report the bugs and communicate with the devs, however the price charged also reflect this. I have been involved with may Alpha release games. But when you charge a gold release price for a game to this date is still chasing bugs...This isn't a good thing nor should the devs be defended for it.

Maybe you havn't had a really bad experience with them , I really hope you don't sincerely, cause it is a frustrating horrible experience where you feel like you do not matter to them.

This support system is akin to one of those horrid call queue systems where your on hold for an hour and your position 5 in the queue and the call just cuts out. How are Frontier that clueless and think that is an ok system?

Any game these days will have bugs this is a function of game produces having unrealistic time tables that force devs to release buggy games.

i'm sure all games will have bugs, but it is the ammount and type of bugs that are the problem ..
also: unrealistic timetables doesnt mean you need to release a game.. if the game isnt working properly they should not release it

I don't think you qute get what I mean cause i have been here from day 1 and seen that little section being quite aggressive towards people voicing their just concerns. That is white knighting in it's truest definition.

Any game these days will have bugs this is a function of game produces having unrealistic time tables that force devs to release buggy games. Alpha bage you know what you are entering into and part of that experience is to report the bugs and communicate with the devs, however the price charged also reflect this. I have been involved with may Alpha release games. But when you charge a gold release price for a game to this date is still chasing bugs...This isn't a good thing nor should the devs be defended for it.

Maybe you havn't had a really bad experience with them , I really hope you don't sincerely, cause it is a frustrating horrible experience where you feel like you do not matter to them.

This support system is akin to one of those horrid call queue systems where your on hold for an hour and your position 5 in the queue and the call just cuts out. How are Frontier that clueless and think that is an ok system?

I think the whole "aggressive" part relates to both sides (minority/majority). I experienced many times that the majority doesn't accept that there are other opinions. Or the minority using a very defensive/aggressive victim-role. It also doesn't help when people aren't able to express their concerns in a decent matter. If you start a thread with a title: Why is this game so bad?, you can expect a harsher attitude.

For the past 20 years a lot of games were released with bugs. I never got to finish my favorite game back then because of a massive bug in the last level. (never fixed by dev)
I agree that a lot of games nowadays are released while it's more a beta-version of the game. Games used to be more polished.

But a lot of people yell BUG before actually looking at the problem. A lot of "bugs" are just player related mistakes or people not understanding the game.
Recently had a discussion about this on discord. In the end it came to a lot of: "But in ZT/ZT2 this worked differently".

Creating +50 extra tickets for a confirmed issue, doesn't help the system. But putting an expired tag on an issue, does give the wrong idea. I think the issue tracker could use improvements. At least make the specs a required field. I know that people expect way too much from a budget-PC but blame the game/devs/admin instead.
(this applies to a lot of games)

There are still a lot of bugs left in the game. Tbh, was expecting more fixes after +6 months.
I think most people aren't defending frontier for their bugs but more skeptical about some issues. With some issues there's a different tone compared to others.

Haven't encountered many bugs, only 1 major bug. (that means I'm lucky enough) That's the worst thing about PC-gaming, a lot of bugs are unique/are triggered differently. Everybody has a different setup compared to consoles. And I don't share my PC with others, so I know what's installed or has changed.

Tbf, I don't think that there's a software company out there that it is able or willing to fix every existing single bug. And there are a lot of different solutions in the industry to report bugs by customers. I own games, which sold many more copies than Planet Zoo, and there isn't even an official possibility to report bugs.
But the major problem with Frontier's specific solution - and you can see the same level of frustration in every single community sub forum, esp. Elite Dangerous - is that the system implies several things that even makes the customer's experience worse:
  • Bugs, which are confirmed/ voted by several users get a higher priority/ attention for actually fixing them
  • That you as an positively active user, who reports bugs, can track them ('my reported issues'), which is only the case for bugs for which one is the OP. Issues, to which one has only contributed, cannot be found in this section
  • This kind of system implies, like every other customer relationship tool like phone hotlines etc, that you get an (final) answer to your inquiry, except in the very rare case that a reported issue gets marked "by design" before it will be marked "expired". But in every other case there is no final feeedback, not in the system itself, nor by detailed patch notes (except rare cases in which patch notes specifically refer to certain issue tracker issues, which are then described comprehensively for affacted customers).

One of the worst examples, which I remember and I am still able to find is the issue of (partial) blurry textures. One of the larger threads regarding this issue was this one. I had to bookmark it because as a contributor it's not shown in "my reported issues". There had been several contributions by other users, there was even at least one longer reply by a 'frontier admin', i.e. member of the support team that things are investigated. Since ages, this issue is now marked as "expired", all other contributions and the frontier reply are no longer visible. Have they patched something? Have they given up? As a customer it's impossible to find out, it's just unclear.

All these major problems listed above have been adressed several times in every community sub-forum since the current system was established (only) in last May. It its intransparent, not easy to use and imo leads to more frustration than a pure reporting system.

If I was a manager at Frontier, I would invest in a new or overhaul of the current system, because it's definitely not a contribution to a positive customer experience. Maybe the quite new @Jens Erik is interested in this matter?

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all the feedback coming from this thread. We are aware that there are some problems with the issue tracker and we appreciate everyone voicing their opinions and sharing their experiences.

We hope to resolve some of your frustrations in the future. We will keep you posted on the progress as we go.

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all the feedback coming from this thread. We are aware that there are some problems with the issue tracker and we appreciate everyone voicing their opinions and sharing their experiences.

We hope to resolve some of your frustrations in the future. We will keep you posted on the progress as we go.
If i can make a suggestion for bug reports: make it possible to create a bug report 'in game' that sends the savegame/screenshot or something with the bug report to you? This works in other games very well and every player can send in a bugreport.. I've noticed that a lot of people on multiple forums/facebook post about buts, but don't know about the issuetracker..

Also the thing that lots of people should reply to a to get attention by devs is not a good way.. Lots of people are complaining about bugs on forums/facebook, and even if they playce them on the issuetracker, most of them place a new bugreport and they aren't searching for the bugs to reply there (and in most cases you even can't... because they are expired..)

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
If i can make a suggestion for bug reports: make it possible to create a bug report 'in game' that sends the savegame/screenshot or something with the bug report to you? This works in other games very well and every player can send in a bugreport.. I've noticed that a lot of people on multiple forums/facebook post about buts, but don't know about the issuetracker..

Also the thing that lots of people should reply to a to get attention by devs is not a good way.. Lots of people are complaining about bugs on forums/facebook, and even if they playce them on the issuetracker, most of them place a new bugreport and they aren't searching for the bugs to reply there (and in most cases you even can't... because they are expired..)
Duly noted. Thank you for the feedback :)

Really hope they start chaning this, every 2 months you have to remake your tickets or reply to your own tickets causing so many duplicates just because they auto expire

I'm afraid I gave up being an unpaid worker quite some time ago. I just hope that the less disenchanted will continue to report the worse bugs and I thank them.

Top Bottom