Stranded at the edge of the galaxy...

A pity! There has to be a solution, it's that close. If there are no POIs, fuel burning seems to be the only possible option though. As I see it, you could lose up to 4t weight to make the jump (32t tank assumed). Unfortunately, Coriolis does not take the fuel level into account, but ED Shipyard does. Along with the one jump wonder mentioned somewhere, 4t could make all the difference. Don't know if EDSY's algorithms are correct, but don't give up yet.

All the best, O7,
🙃

If a number of us started to look for crash sites and found something would the OP be able to wing up to get into the instance and pick up the material(s)? I guess the more people rolling the RNG the better the chances - assuming that the OP could benefit from it.

Hi, biot.

Thanks for the positive vibes.

Help from other commanders would be much appreciated but with the present state of nervousness here, we're all in a squadron PG. I'm sure I speak for Liandrei and the rest of DW3S when I say we'd hate it if any other Commanders were downed here because we've attracted attention from DG2. Maybe in a couple of days when all the nerves have calmed, we'll put a call out to others on DW2.

Thanks again, we need all the 'positive' we can get.

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Here's a question, because I've never been there after I kilo bravo. When your ship goes pop, does it leave behind cargo and/or materials and/or data?

Interesting solution - sacrifice a willing commander's ship to drop materials. As far as I know germanium only comes from surface prospecting, it would not be dropped by a ship being shot by the OP. I may be wrong though.

I do have 1 remote idea. It is VERY far fetched but it is worth a try. Try going through the places you can land on and go through them inch by inch. There may be the possibility of random crashed site that could very rarely provide you germanium. This is a VERY long shot but worth a try while you are standed.

According to edsm this system has no rings nor asteroid belts, so not even a remote chance of mining it (not even sure if Germanium is a mining drop at all). Pity we can't put a materials broker on a ship and send it out there.

According to edsm this system has no rings nor asteroid belts, so not even a remote chance of mining it (not even sure if Germanium is a mining drop at all). Pity we can't put a materials broker on a ship and send it out there.

Germanium is 100% a minable material, but alas, no where to mine.

This is CMDR Liandrei checking in after returning to my ship from an extensive period of surface recon scouring the planet in my Scarab.

I can report the mountainous terrain is particularly hazardous which has made navigation on the surface by SRV a rather treacherous endeavour. On more than one occasion my vehicle has sustained significant damage and necessited synthesis of hull repair modules. However I have managed to harvest enough materials to keep the search going a while longer yet.

I have also been accompanied by several CMDRs whom were traversing through my system onroute to Semotus beacon and had come to the aid of my plight, joining the search for the ever elusive Germanium.

Alas so far there has been no luck yet, with the search yielding no artificial signals and only geological outcrops. However I still have hope despite how slim the odds and shall carry on, expanding my search by aerial recon from my trusty DBX.

My planetary coordinates are regularly changing however if a ship is in the system and vicinity I can send comms, I have been maintaining a heading of 0 degrees north during the circumnavigation.

P.s. I can report Weetabix have indeed been nommed but dry as I've no milk left!

CMDR out.

zFNZep7.jpg

This is CMDR Liandrei checking in after returning to my ship from an extensive period of surface recon scouring the planet in my Scarab.

I can report the mountainous terrain is particularly hazardous which has made navigation on the surface by SRV a rather treacherous endeavour. On more than one occasion my vehicle has sustained significant damage and necessited synthesis of hull repair modules. However I have managed to harvest enough materials to keep the search going a while longer yet.

I have also been accompanied by several CMDRs whom were traversing through my system onroute to Semotus beacon and had come to the aid of my plight, joining the search for the ever elusive Germanium.

Alas so far there has been no luck yet, with the search yielding no artificial signals and only geological outcrops. However I still have hope despite how slim the odds and shall carry on, expanding my search by aerial recon from my trusty DBX.

My planetary coordinates are regularly changing however if a ship is in the system and vicinity I can send comms, I have been maintaining a heading of 0 degrees north during the circumnavigation.

P.s. I can report Weetabix have indeed been nommed but dry as I've no milk left!

CMDR out.

zFNZep7.jpg
K.No sweat.Glad u got compny.Safe travels.

Roger that CMDR Rixxan, a supply drop from a vessel passing through the system would be gratefully received, I should have sufficient cargo capacity with 4 tons of remaining storage. While not at critically low levels just yet I can confirm my food supplies are starting to dwindle thus having to ration considerably.

The forlorn hope in search of the vital Jumponium materials has continued yet to no avail, the prospect is not looking favourable I have to say on this barren rocky planet!

Entering my fifth day here the weariness is starting to set in however my morale has been given a great boost thanks due to the kindness of fellow explorers of the expedition who paid me a visit. Unfortunately they had no rations to spare, having to sustain supplies enough for themselves to see them through on their return journeys to Colonia and Explorer's Anchorage.

However from their generosity I was bestowed several gifts to ease my predicament, in particular I have been given a strange artefact that emits a soft comforting blue glow, that I believe to be some kind of ancient relic. The light it gives off seems to be perpetual so that I have some solace to abate the darkness of the nights here. I also received some low temperature diamonds which I have found aren't edible but sure are nice to look at :) they should come in handy should I ever leave this place!

Liandrei out.

K8iJUpM.jpg

(Thanks Rev for the pic!)

Last edited:
If and when we get base building - which appears likely if not actually desired - then you (the OP) should probably claim your World, set up a base there and persuade a material trader to move in.
For now, watch some movies or read some books to pass the time; something by Andy Weir maybe...

Please find enclosed one sack of potatoes and one canister of biowaste.

Just a question: what is the DBX's max jump range? For as I see it, the unladen value is not the maximum jump range achievable, but assumes a full fuel tank. You can try it out in Coriolis by lets say fitting a 4t 2C fuel tank (simulating fuel reduction, AFAIK the tank itself weighs nothing) or EDSY which lets you set a value. Reducing the fuel from 32t to 4t adds 1.3ly on the stock DBX alone, and the effect intensifies with the FSD engineering level. It could just be enough. Don't know what exactly ED shows ingame, though.

O7,
🙃

Just a question: what is the DBX's max jump range? For as I see it, the unladen value is not the maximum jump range achievable, but assumes a full fuel tank. You can try it out in Coriolis by lets say fitting a 4t 2C fuel tank (simulating fuel reduction, AFAIK the tank itself weighs nothing) or EDSY which lets you set a value. Reducing the fuel from 32t to 4t adds 1.3ly on the stock DBX alone, and the effect intensifies with the FSD engineering level. It could just be enough. Don't know what exactly ED shows ingame, though.

O7,
🙃
Unfortunately the unladen range on his panel is the max his ship will ever do unless he has jumponium or a neutron boost. It's the range with optimum fuel - enough for one max range jump and no more.

Greetings fellow commanders,

Having completed an extensive circumnavigation of Myeia Thaa UO-Z d13-0 2 and yielding nothing I can safely confirm with assurance there is no artificial signals on the planet surface.

However despite this stark realisation I have some awesome news to report...the Pilots Federation dispatched an experimental, modified space tug boat from their support wing and hauled my vessel to the system just out of reach!

Thanks to their unprecedented assistance I can finally continue on my journey home. I'll be sure to remain extra vigilant from now on and keep a healthy stock of materials.

Fly safe CMDRs, see you out there amongst the stars!

Now where's that Germanium...

CMDR Liandrei out.
o7

*Special thanks my fellow DW3S CMDRs, in particular Qianas, Reverend Tzw, Knuttjob, Tron 72 for keeping me company and saving me from the clutches of space madness!

Also thanks to CMDRs Psygar of DW2S, to CrunchyBaton955 of the Fuel Rats and Rixxan of the Hull Seals and CMDR Wotherspoon for coverage
in the Galnet News Digest*

pVUe0IZ.jpg

Top Bottom