Stranded at the edge of the galaxy...

No other activity in the game can lead to the same losses (of real time) as death during exploration. A hold full of Void Opals is an afternoon, a hold full of exploration data could easily be 6 months or more.

I couldn't agree more - the only part of the game with any real risk as far as I'm concerned.

Is it possible for someone to mine a ring and get the necessary jumponium mats to drop and then the stranded commander can collect them.

I didn't mean transfer from one commander to another, what I was trying to say was if a commander did some mining and mats dropped he could leave them floating in space for another to pick up. I think that could work.

I didn't mean transfer from one commander to another, what I was trying to say was if a commander did some mining and mats dropped he could leave them floating in space for another to pick up. I think that could work.
Yes, that could and does work. The problem in this instance was that the materials needed to synthesize the proper FSD injection were not present in the system in which the CMDR was stranded.

Is it possible for someone to mine a ring and get the necessary jumponium mats to drop and then the stranded commander can collect them.
It is not a feature as the game currently is.

That is precisely how Cmdr Macedonica was rescued by Cmdr Chiggy Vonrichtofen -

... There is now a tourist beacon called "All for Germanium"

That is precisely how Cmdr Macedonica was rescued by Cmdr Chiggy Vonrichtofen -

... There is now a tourist beacon called "All for Germanium"
Right...see my post above. I misread the post and thought he was suggested material transfer. Yes, mining for others who then collect the materials themselves is a thing.

Not only is that possible, but it's also possible for SRVs to mine surface materials and have a ship pick them up.

That's how we got Cmdr Frawd Digger (flying an unengineered Sidewinder without an SRV) to Beagle Point during DW1 : https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4cgbgh Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4cgbgh/distant_worlds_rock_rats_help_sidewinder_reach/

The problem, as has been pointed out, is that the system needs to have the required materials in the first place.. and some materials are restricted to either planets or rings.

Right...see my post above. I misread the post and thought he was suggested material transfer. Yes, mining for others who then collect the materials themselves is a thing.

Ah yes, sorry, I didn't notice that you had posted that one whilst I was putting together the links for that post of mine. mea culpa

Top Bottom