Stranded in Colognia, searching a reason to fly back

Hello,

ill need some motivation. Stopped playing the game a half year ago as i flew to colognia to pin the shield cells blueprints. Frontier promised amazing things thought that is enough to motivate me to fly back.
So as i thought the amazing things turned out to be cained commuity goals with no real reward. Is there anything new to game which could motivate to fly an veteran back which loves the game? Copy Paste stuff with more grind aint my thing.

Just want to see something new than if i waste 3 hours flying going the same stuff over and over again. Asking cause i didn´t pay atention to the elite media. Do I find anything new in Bubble except Palin Base moved and Palin pasted and copied in witch head nebula?

Some possible Solutions:

1) Fly back home, bring some explo data. Do stuff in the bubble.
2) Suicidewinder home to the bubble, transfer your ship afterwards (costs 1.3 times the ships value)
3) Come to Carcosa, do stuff with us there, BGS stuff, or PvP stuff...
4) Do the stuff somewhere else in Colonia, there's always an opportunity somewhere.

Aside from the Witch Head Nebula stuff I don't think so.

Another good method is to spread several accounts through the galaxy...this way you can simply switch to check 😉

Thank you all, think going to check if my stuff is still pint, head to bubble via Witchhead (unlocking the Eng. should have the stuff), and uprading shield cells than. Keeping it bookmarked to help you with BGS stuff. Lets start the neutron plot

Thank you all, think going to check if my stuff is still pint, head to bubble via Witchhead (unlocking the Eng. should have the stuff), and uprading shield cells than. Keeping it bookmarked to help you with BGS stuff. Lets start the neutron plot
Make sure to reduce efficiency to 50%. Counter-intuitive, but you'll have less jumps to make.

you mean jumping with an halfe full tank? A Ok got you you mean on the plotter. Thank you didn´t think about that, helps with finding more stars or?

Don’t forget to refuel every now and again when you are on the neutron highway. Went to Colonia a few weeks ago and the neutron highway got boring real quick for me. So I would do 4 neutron jumps (+/- 1000ly) and travel the 250ly or so to the next neutron star refueling and scanning. It broke down the monotony for me.

While you're in Colonia, unlock the engineers there (can be done in a couple of hours tops) before deciding to return to the Bubble. Having some more blueprints pinned for remote engineering is always nice.

you mean jumping with an halfe full tank? A Ok got you you mean on the plotter. Thank you didn´t think about that, helps with finding more stars or?
Yes it does help. When Spansh tries to find neutron stars, it does it in a cylinder. The lower the efficiency, the wider the cylinder. You might zig-zag more, but you'll have less jumps.

Enter your range in ly and then try playing with efficiency values between 40 and 70% and see what will give you the lowest number of jumps.

wait how many engineers are over there I just flew there for that bald lady with the collector limpets and thought that was a waste of time lmao

maybe I haven't unlocked this person so I might have to take a trip back ..

I unlocked Chloe (new engineer). She requires Thargoid sensor fragments, about 30 I think. She seems to be currently useless though because Level 4 is maximum. I saw a post from a CMDR suggesting Palin was going to die. I guess if that happens Chloe will suddenly get level 5 mods :)

wait how many engineers are over there I just flew there for that bald lady with the collector limpets and thought that was a waste of time lmao
There are four. To get all the invites, you need to:
- have rep 3.5 or greater with Martuuk, Dweller, Ryder and McQuinn back in the bubble (this is the only bit you'll have to fly back for if you've not done it yet)
- have Expert / Dealer / Surveyor ranks or better
- complete the invitiation mission offered by Colonia Council (from stations in Colonia only, you might have to hop around several, and you'll probably have to get the necessary rep with Martuuk first if you didn't already)

Once you have the invites all the requirements can be met quickly without leaving the Colonia region.

I unlocked Chloe (new engineer). She requires Thargoid sensor fragments, about 30 I think. She seems to be currently useless though because Level 4 is maximum. I saw a post from a CMDR suggesting Palin was going to die. I guess if that happens Chloe will suddenly get level 5 mods :)
Like the Colonia engineers, Chloe Sedesi gains engineering expertise over time through commanders engineering modules there. She started out a week ago at Level 1 FSD, Level 1 Thrusters and has rapidly been improving as people build some initial modules to get their rep up.

At current rates of use she should provide G5 Thrusters in another 2 weeks or so ... Palin will probably survive that long, right?

(If Palin did die before then, focused community effort could get her up to G5 in a day, easily - Frontier wouldn't need to intervene)

There are four. To get all the invites, you need to:
  • have rep 3.5 or greater with Martuuk, Dweller, Ryder and McQuinn back in the bubble (this is the only bit you'll have to fly back for if you've not done it yet)
  • have Expert / Dealer / Surveyor ranks or better
  • complete the invitiation mission offered by Colonia Council (from stations in Colonia only, you might have to hop around several, and you'll probably have to get the necessary rep with Martuuk first if you didn't already)
Once you have the invites all the requirements can be met quickly without leaving the Colonia region.

Like the Colonia engineers, Chloe Sedesi gains engineering expertise over time through commanders engineering modules there. She started out a week ago at Level 1 FSD, Level 1 Thrusters and has rapidly been improving as people build some initial modules to get their rep up.

At current rates of use she should provide G5 Thrusters in another 2 weeks or so ... Palin will probably survive that long, right?

(If Palin did die before then, focused community effort could get her up to G5 in a day, easily - Frontier wouldn't need to intervene)

hopefully this means by the time the September update drops she'll be doing G10 FSD and G12 thrusters.

Buy yourself a sidewinder in Colonia, blow yourself up, don’t rebuy your sidewinder, be transported back to your starter system in the bubble?

Or you can stay in Colonia. I am quite happy here. I can do anything here what I can do in Bubble, there is no stupid PowerPlay thing here and mining is perfect here. The only problem is that I cannot buy the 8A Power plant here, because the only station selling 8A PP is an outpost with medium sized landing pads.

Top Bottom