Strange discoloration of UI holograms when leaning far from center

Hi guys,

I made a strange discovery:

I was trying to navigate my lakon 6 (if you play on oculus, get a lakon, its the bomb!) to a safe haven but had trouble reading the panel. Instinctively I leaned in close and suddnely it did something very odd: it changed color! It went from a darkish orange that gets very pixelated and is awfully hard to read to more of a mauve or sand color that was quite clear.

I found out that if you lean forward a lot, it does the same and here's the kicker: If I lean to the side and then tilt back to the other panel, the changed color stays!

Is this a bug? if so, can I make it so the color change happens also when centered? It means would mean a lot for useability.

Can I make screenies while in the rift? If so, I will try to make some to illustrate this post further and perhaps ticket it as well.

Hi guys,

I made a strange discovery:

I was trying to navigate my lakon 6 (if you play on oculus, get a lakon, its the bomb!) to a safe haven but had trouble reading the panel. Instinctively I leaned in close and suddnely it did something very odd: it changed color! It went from a darkish orange that gets very pixelated and is awfully hard to read to more of a mauve or sand color that was quite clear.

I found out that if you lean forward a lot, it does the same and here's the kicker: If I lean to the side and then tilt back to the other panel, the changed color stays!

Is this a bug? if so, can I make it so the color change happens also when centered? It means would mean a lot for useability.

Can I make screenies while in the rift? If so, I will try to make some to illustrate this post further and perhaps ticket it as well.

It happens when you are outside the visible detection range of the DK2 sensor camera. Not sure why it changes color though.

I was for showing that the camera has lost tracking. I thought this effect was removed but the other day I noticed it again but less often than before.

so its a know effect. ok. cool. now how to hack the client to swap the color schemes?

also, my rift was still tracking...

Top Bottom