[Stream] Hutton Orbital Live Cam!

Hello fellow CMDRs! This seemed to be firly popular on Reddit, so I thought I might post it here on the official forums for those of you that may not go 'round the reddit parts. Let me start off by saying that I am not affiliated with the Hutton Orbital Truckers nor am I trying to self promote my stream, I just thought it would be somethig fun to do! I have a dedicated computer set up to have an eye on Hutton Orbital as-much-as-possible/7 (get it? Instead of 24/7). I also have the Hutton Orbital Radio playing while streaming so its not just the void of space you have to listen to. Anyway, feel free to come out and wave to the camera or just hang out with who ever is here in the chat! If you do make it out, dont forget to grab some mugs and gin!

So far I have only been ganked 2 or 3 times but honselty doesnt bother me because I just spawn right back in the station. I also have been noticing some hiccups in my conncetion here and there but if it starts acting up, I've been suggesting muting the stream and playing Hutton Orbital from your own browser. Hope to see you all out there soon! Fly Safe CMDRs and my Sol never be too far behind you! o7

Hutton Orbital Live!

I suppose a similar view of Jameson Memorial would be more, er, entertaining?

The problem there is the camera-ship would be ganked every 3 minutes! :D

Yup, on PC unfortunately. I wish I could do it on a console! But doing this has actually made me think of an idea! It would be kind of neat to be able to use your camera suite and dismiss your ship (kind of like an SRV) that way I am not taking up a landing pad. This would also deter gankers. Or at least they wouldn’t be able to destroy your ship while you idle in a camera suite. But in order to get out of the suite, you would have to recall your ship. Or maybe it would “fly back” to your ship that is in orbit. Kind of like when your SRV is destroyed and you get “teleported” back to your ship that is in orbit. This would help me out a lot at least by taking up one less pad while live streaming Hutton.

o7

Well, I took the bait and clicked the link ... and was presently surprised to actually be presented with video of Hutton Orbital and not Rick Astley singing that &%^$£!@ song.

Well done sir! +1

Just wildly daft enough to be compulsive viewing. Excellent. +1 rep.
Thank you CMDR!

I am going to do my best to keep it up and running! While I'm at work, sleeping, vacations, you name it! My only worry is I have 3 yr. old twins at home while I am at work and as long and they dont mess with it, it should be smooth sailing! I have a remote desktop set up at work just in case of emergencies. Only thing I've had happen here and there is the occasional radio glitch where it would stop for some reason after not refreshing for long periods of time. Thats the main reason I set up the remote desktop so I can refresh it if needed while at work! :)

It reminds me of those day-time TV channels which just show an endless canal boat journey or a video of somebody knitting for three hours. I like it.

Right On Commander!

Last edited:
feel free to come out and wave to the camera or just hang out with who ever is here in the chat!

So far I have only been ganked 2 or 3 times but honselty doesnt bother me because I just spawn right back in the station.

So what is your "camera", a Sidewinder or something fancier? These folks who are griefing you must be doing it at their own demise, being so close to the station, yes?

Top Bottom