Struggling setting up VR

Hi,

Sorry, I know this questions been asked a lot, but as much as im looking into them, none of the suggestions i've seen have worked, so I figured i'd give people details of my set up so people may have a better idea what im doing wrong.
So on the beta before the launch, and even now, under the 3d option, I always had oculus rift (speaker/headphone) option, however, since the full release, even though im setting everything up identically, im not getting the same 3d options... all's im getting are anaglyph & side by side.
I've tried side by side, and its just not doing the job, its splitting it, but the head tracking just isnt working, and tbh I dont think side by side works for anyone, I might be mistaken?
Here are my setup details:

Oculus SDK 0.4.4
Firmware: 2.12
Geforce GTX 770 w/ driver 344.75

I've tried opening up oculus config... restarting OVRservice, its not making a difference
My refresh rate is at 75hz, oculus is my secondary monitor & I am setting it to secondary monitor.. (So I can see through my rift, just not head tracking, and everything is blurry, unlike how it was in the beta when it was working!)

has anyone any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

SlackR

Banned
Did you update the sdk , disable monitor, set to 75hz, insert rift power supply, disable aero, set to extended?

Edit... Looks like you did most of them... Try disabling the monitor and changing it to a DVi port

Last edited:
Set the game to primary monitor, and set the 3D to none Apply the changes. Save and exit. Launch ED again, set the display to secondary (or whatever display your rift is), and set the 3d to "Oculus with headphones". Hit apply, and it should work.

ok, bit of a long shot but back in beta I seem to remember having a problem getting the Rift mode working in E:D until I changed the 'StereoscopicMode' in the settings.xml. You might want to check you setting and maybe try changing it. I guess you could also delete ( make a back up first) all the E:D configuration settings and see if that helps.

You'll find these in 'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics'

For reference these are mine

Settings.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<GraphicsOptions>
	<Version>1</Version>
	<PresetName>Custom</PresetName>
	<StereoscopicMode>3</StereoscopicMode>
	<IPDAmount>0.065300</IPDAmount>
	<AMDCrashFix>false</AMDCrashFix>
	<FOV>60.000000</FOV>
	<HighResScreenCapAntiAlias>3</HighResScreenCapAntiAlias>
	<HighResScreenCapScale>4</HighResScreenCapScale>
	<GammaOffset>0.000067</GammaOffset>
	<DisableGuiEffects>false</DisableGuiEffects>
	<StereoFocalDistance>25.000000</StereoFocalDistance>
</GraphicsOptions>

DisplaySettings.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<DisplayConfig>
	<ScreenWidth>1920</ScreenWidth>
	<ScreenHeight>1080</ScreenHeight>
	<VSync>true</VSync>
	<FullScreen>1</FullScreen>
	<PresentInterval>1</PresentInterval>
	<Adapter>0</Adapter>
	<Monitor>0</Monitor>
	<DX11_RefreshRateNumerator>74999</DX11_RefreshRateNumerator>
	<DX11_RefreshRateDenominator>1000</DX11_RefreshRateDenominator>
	<LimitFrameRate>false</LimitFrameRate>
	<MaxFramesPerSecond>30</MaxFramesPerSecond>
</DisplayConfig>

I assume when you say the Oculus demo is working that includes head-tracking too? Otherwise it might be worth checking usb leads, trying different usb ports etc?

Last edited:
You need to set the Rift to PRIMARY monitor while in extended mode. The game will initially launch on the secondary monitor, go into the ED graphics options from there, and choose Oculus.

Top Bottom