Stuck in static planetary orbit

Of Sharur A-3. Low on fuel. I didn't notice until I took a look at fuel list.

Strange way of saying welcome to Elite.
Maybe someone else who could help me?

My gt is CassandraSaturn.

I was doing my courier missions.. epic fail for fuel shortage 😅🤦‍♀️

I think you're gonna love this. Out of my stupidity, I was too naive to ignore my reasons. I ventured out Into deep space to do sightseeing. Now I'm out of fuel again LOL. I'm at Core SYS Sector EB-0 A6-D

If all else fails and you don't want to wait for someone to rescue you, you can always self-destruct and teleport back to the last station you were docked at. But do this only if you have enough money to rebuy your current ship, or else you'll have to start over in a free Sidewinder. Always make sure to equip a Fuel Scoop onto your ship so you can refuel from most stars.

Last edited:
If all else fails and you don't want to wait for someone to rescue you, you can always self-destruct and teleport back to the last station you were docked at. But do this only if you have enough money to rebuy your current ship, or else you'll have to start over in a free Sidewinder. Always make sure to equip a Fuel Scoop onto your ship so you can refuel from most stars.

In addendum to the consummate sensible advice imparted by the good CMDR dreampage.

Fuel tanks can also be fitted to up your total capacity, with the caveat of an increase in mass. But then, at least, you stand less chance of running out of fuel. Twice. :cautious:;)

Welcome to the forum,, I get the initial impression you'll fit right in. (y)

Still, Fuel Rats are awesome. Don't self-destruct, unless absolutely necessary... If you Google you will find that the Fuel Rats have rescued people from the other side of the galaxy. Over 600 hours mission to save a poor commander. For free. It even got mentioned in some less gaming oriented press 😁 If only the majority of Open was so friendly...

Also, note that you can only scoop from certain type of stars. Learn this phrase "Oh Be A Fine Girl, Kiss Me" - the first letters of every word are types of stars that are scoopable. Or if you want a shorter form: KGBFOAM 😁

You can check type of the star on the galaxy map. Nowadays you also can see the last scoopable star (fuel star) on the plotted course, so it isn't that crucial if you're paying attention. There are however patches of white dwarfs to traverse, and venturing unprepared can leave you stranded.

Fly dangerously and take risks, the starter ships are meant to be trashed 😁 They costs peanuts compared to late game ships... Oh and PS:
Source: https://youtu.be/jt1g00-OnKg

I think you're gonna love this. Out of my stupidity, I was too naive to ignore my reasons. I ventured out Into deep space to do sightseeing. Now I'm out of fuel again LOL. I'm at Core SYS Sector EB-0 A6-D
We are going to need you to hand over your pilots license for review. We have been getting rumors of fake ID's and ship thief's who steal craft's and abandon them in uninhabited systems. Some reports have claimed "Dirty Mike and the Boys" are responsible but no conformed accounts yet.

We are going to need you to hand over your pilots license for review. We have been getting rumors of fake ID's and ship thief's who steal craft's and abandon them in uninhabited systems. Some reports have claimed "Dirty Mike and the Boys" are responsible but no conformed accounts yet.
Oh noes please don't lol I'm just a simply newbie pilot who doesn't listen to rules. More of hotshot pilot :)

Top Bottom