Hey all! Just want to say I LOVE this game. I had high hopes for RCTW but as we know it's a disaster and this game has fulfilled a lot of what I was hoping for in the next generation Roller Coastery Sim game. Below I have suggestions however, for stuff I feel this game really needs, and stuff that I'm surprised hasn't made it in yet given how long the game has already been out.

I have all of the DLC and I don't mind paying a few bucks for them since it's a game I enjoy and hopes that it keeps them to updating the game.

More Shops
Seriously, only 3 merchandise shops this entire time? Would hope there would have been more by now.

Park Maps for Kiosk
I love the fact that RCT had park maps that you could get & sell at the kiosk. I don't use priority pass that much so the Kiosk renders useless besides the fact that you can attach attractions to it as "advertising". Still would love to have an extra box to be able to give away or sell maps.

Transfer Track on Coasters
This one is a biggie for me personally, was hoping they would have made it easier to add on additional trains or take trains off of coasters depending on crowd. This would go well with the management aspect of the game too given the fact running more trains costs more money. In RCT you could at least pause the game and add / subtract trains then unpause so the people in line wouldn't leave. Even if they can't implement an actual transfer track at least give us an option to add and subtract trains without messing up the guests in line and the one's riding.

More Coaster Break Down Variety
Kinda bummed on this that there is zero variety to the coaster break downs. They never get stuck on the lift hill or anything. RCT had different break downs including station breaks failure. I just miss seeing my coasters getting stuck on the lift hill or certain restraints stuck open or closed. Also wish the guests that go into the station boarded in a more random fashion. They always go front car to back no matter how long the line. Seeing random empty seats on less popular coasters would just give a nice little variety to the game, RCT also did this perfectly.

Guests Stay in Line When Ride Breaks Down
This is another big thing for me, the fact that the guests just automatically leave when a ride breaks is annoying. It would be nice to have them wait and maybe have the more impatient people leave sooner. This would also tie in with the management aspect of the game very well where the more mechanics you have available, the faster rides get fixed and the less people are likely to leave the line.

Photo Section on Coasters
This has been mentioned before but figured I'd throw it in there. Should be easy to implement. Photos just make more sense of something to sell after riding a roller coaster. Really surprised this is still yet not in the game.

More Generic Scenery + Building Pieces
I'm not very big on the themed stuff, I like to try and make something from the generic pieces as I feel there is more versatility, hence why I would love to see more generic like things. (Let's be honest, I'm never going to build a gingerbread house). The coaster supports they added were perfect! More stuff like generic roof tiles would be nice too.

Auto Snap Fences and Lights on Paths
This is another thing that bugs the crap out of me, having to place each individual light and fence piece along a path by hand. Granted, I LOVE the versatility - but an option to have them snap to path like benches and trash cans do, would be AMAZING. I find myself not even decorating with lights or fences just because it's such a pain in the butt.

Ability to Walk Around Park as a Guest
This is something I'm REALLY surprised still isn't in game, (besides having to enter that cheat code) - Being a 3d game, would have thought being able to walk around as your own character would have been something that was in there from the beginning.

Rain
I know the game is taxing on the CPU already but even if they added low res rain to the game I'd be happy. Just something to add variety to the weather, and also make guests want to ride the covered rides more.

Multiple Coaster Stations
They say "the engine is incapable of this" but I don't believe that to be true. It's 2018, we should be able to program anything into a game imaginable. This is a very important one for me because the general boarding + unloading process is terrible, having to wait until the last guest leaves the exit gate of the station before new guests board is insane. Plus it would allow us to utilize block sections more. Honestly all they would need to do is add a box or something to the block section track properties to say something like "make block section ride exit" - then allow for the building of a second station for unloading.

Hopefully some of you guys agree with my suggestions and some get implemented. This game still has a TON of potential IMO.

Really good ideas! I like the "guests stay in line when ride breaks down". It is crazy that they leave each time. Also, not sure if it's possible to do, but when a ride is refurbishing, guests currently on the ride just stay in the cars until refurbished. This is a little weird for, example, a log ride. There is a line-up of guests stuck in their boats until the ride is refurbished. It would be cool if the parts of the track with stairs and platforms could actually be used (i.e. guests get off the ride when it breaks down and exit).

I also miss multiple coaster stations. Sad that this is not an option.

I actually think you can walk around the park as a guest... Seems like if you click on the guest and click the camera option you can see through that guests eyes. You're right that you cannot control where the guest goes however.

Good ideas! :)

Really good ideas! I like the "guests stay in line when ride breaks down". It is crazy that they leave each time. Also, not sure if it's possible to do, but when a ride is refurbishing, guests currently on the ride just stay in the cars until refurbished. This is a little weird for, example, a log ride. There is a line-up of guests stuck in their boats until the ride is refurbished. It would be cool if the parts of the track with stairs and platforms could actually be used (i.e. guests get off the ride when it breaks down and exit).

I also miss multiple coaster stations. Sad that this is not an option.

I actually think you can walk around the park as a guest... Seems like if you click on the guest and click the camera option you can see through that guests eyes. You're right that you cannot control where the guest goes however.

Good ideas! :)

Thanks, appreciate it. It's little things like this that I feel will give the game even more realism. Log Flume is a prime example of why we need multiple stations - or at least on that ride, don't force them to wait until they are front car to unload passengers. As long as the boat is stopped in the station, the people should be able to exit and that log becomes open to continue down the line.

More Shops
Seriously, only 3 merchandise shops this entire time? Would hope there would have been more by now.

More merchandising shops would be great.

Park Maps for Kiosk
I love the fact that RCT had park maps that you could get & sell at the kiosk. I don't use priority pass that much so the Kiosk renders useless besides the fact that you can attach attractions to it as "advertising". Still would love to have an extra box to be able to give away or sell maps.

More items to sell would be great too.

Transfer Track on Coasters
This one is a biggie for me personally, was hoping they would have made it easier to add on additional trains or take trains off of coasters depending on crowd. This would go well with the management aspect of the game too given the fact running more trains costs more money. In RCT you could at least pause the game and add / subtract trains then unpause so the people in line wouldn't leave. Even if they can't implement an actual transfer track at least give us an option to add and subtract trains without messing up the guests in line and the one's riding.

The throughput of coasters seems to be steady, as well as the amount of guests entering coasters, so for realism aspects I would love to have transfer tracks, but the coasters don't really need them as there isn't much fluctuation between guests using the rides, it's a constant stream of peeps so there's no need for adding or removing trains. Still the suggestion is a good one.

More Coaster Break Down Variety
Kinda bummed on this that there is zero variety to the coaster break downs. They never get stuck on the lift hill or anything. RCT had different break downs including station breaks failure. I just miss seeing my coasters getting stuck on the lift hill or certain restraints stuck open or closed. Also wish the guests that go into the station boarded in a more random fashion. They always go front car to back no matter how long the line. Seeing random empty seats on less popular coasters would just give a nice little variety to the game, RCT also did this perfectly.

I would be all in for a more visual display of breakdowns like you mention. As stopping on lifthills or block section brake runs (that's what they are there for, how can a coaster continue it's run when it's broken down, isn't there a emergency procedure that stops all trains on track at the first safe point (block brake).

Guests Stay in Line When Ride Breaks Down
This is another big thing for me, the fact that the guests just automatically leave when a ride breaks is annoying. It would be nice to have them wait and maybe have the more impatient people leave sooner. This would also tie in with the management aspect of the game very well where the more mechanics you have available, the faster rides get fixed and the less people are likely to leave the line.

Yep, I'd rather have some leave the queue but not all, and when the ride is fixed not all of those peeps get transported to the exit.

Photo Section on Coasters
This has been mentioned before but figured I'd throw it in there. Should be easy to implement. Photos just make more sense of something to sell after riding a roller coaster. Really surprised this is still yet not in the game.

Gets my vote, maybe let the information kiosk sell something like USB sticks, bracelets for a set price so they can put all onride photo's on there.

More Generic Scenery + Building Pieces
I'm not very big on the themed stuff, I like to try and make something from the generic pieces as I feel there is more versatility, hence why I would love to see more generic like things. (Let's be honest, I'm never going to build a gingerbread house). The coaster supports they added were perfect! More stuff like generic roof tiles would be nice too.

This is always welcome. I never build a gingerbread house as well, but I definitely used some elements in differnt type of buildings. Some parts can be very usefull. Others not so.

Auto Snap Fences and Lights on Paths
This is another thing that bugs the crap out of me, having to place each individual light and fence piece along a path by hand. Granted, I LOVE the versatility - but an option to have them snap to path like benches and trash cans do, would be AMAZING. I find myself not even decorating with lights or fences just because it's such a pain in the butt.

This would be nice to have, but I can manage it at the moment.

Ability to Walk Around Park as a Guest
This is something I'm REALLY surprised still isn't in game, (besides having to enter that cheat code) - Being a 3d game, would have thought being able to walk around as your own character would have been something that was in there from the beginning.

For me this is not the biggest priority, but I can see why people would want this feature.

Rain
I know the game is taxing on the CPU already but even if they added low res rain to the game I'd be happy. Just something to add variety to the weather, and also make guests want to ride the covered rides more.

I have no opinion on this one, as it has been confirmed by Frontier as not coming into the game (at this moment). If it comes and it works good I'm fine with it.

Multiple Coaster Stations
They say "the engine is incapable of this" but I don't believe that to be true. It's 2018, we should be able to program anything into a game imaginable. This is a very important one for me because the general boarding + unloading process is terrible, having to wait until the last guest leaves the exit gate of the station before new guests board is insane. Plus it would allow us to utilize block sections more. Honestly all they would need to do is add a box or something to the block section track properties to say something like "make block section ride exit" - then allow for the building of a second station for unloading.

Same as rain. I'm not against the idea. But this wouldn't come as high priority to me.

This game still has a TON of potential IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

I feel like these are all extremely great ideas! Hopefully most of these will be added in the future!

The scary thing is not much has been added so far since release and ofcourse, I have my doubts the game will be supported long enough.... Also noticed that free update was kinda weak this time around, that made me even more worried :( I´m slowly loosing my hope.

The scary thing is not much has been added so far since release and ofcourse, I have my doubts the game will be supported long enough.... Also noticed that free update was kinda weak this time around, that made me even more worried :( I´m slowly loosing my hope.

Oh man, I've lightly followed the game and decided to get it maybe a month ago so hopefully they're still passionate about this project and want to keep it going. I might've got the game at the end of it's life probably...[sad]

Park Maps - a Map Kiosk where you could zoom down into and interactively see where 1. demand for services really are, 2. wait times for all rides, and 3. "where did i put all the Tikichiki stands?" type queries. Also, would be great to have such a mini-park representation within your actual park. Or, maybe it could be "Offer Park WiFi" checkbox which would allow for a Planet Coaster phone app each peep would have on them instead of a park map kiosk. (on topic, right?) [up]

I agree with a lot of things on your list, as I wished for them as well :)

Another thing I really miss, and is something I would like to have had already from the beginning is Heatmaps.
Especially for seeing where guests are hungry/thirsty/bored/... as well where people are stuck, or seeing security issues in a heatmap to get to know where you have hot spots...

I am still hoping they will come one day :)

Yeah these ideas are all really good, many have already been in these games and I don't think we're out of line to expect them! Let's hope they get added.

what about B. A. Schiff Wild Mouse coaster? They have steel track and wooden supports.

I wish B. A. Schiff Wild Mouse coaster was in next Planet Coaster update. or Extinct Coasters Planet Coaster Pack.

A good topic.
I would like to see much more variety of changeable coaster cars and flatride skins.
Themed cars , carriages, boats etc, Pirate, Adventure, Fairytale, Western etc.
A western Teacup ride?, Teacups could be barrels, for example.
Spooky or Adventure type boat skin for water rides ?

Also please can we have illuminated water for fountains.

Last edited:
Top Bottom