Stuff you've always wondered about

I’ve always wondered why ship manufacturers don’t steal pay homage to other manufacturer’s by re-envisaging their ideas.

Surely Lakon would have looked at Faulcon DeLacey’s Krait MkII and thought “Of course, a class 7 power distributor, that’s what the Chieftain needs....we’ll chuck one in, put some red piping on the seats and call it the Chieftain RS. It’ll sell like hot cakes.”

Damn those game developers and their concerns about game balance😤

I also wonder why every PvP’er who interdicts me seems to be better than me......maybe I know the answer to that one😭

Why FS drives have a universal 100% success rate, not one single malfunction for any commander ever.

Why the panel on my ship says my nav sys needs calibrating

And finally, given that "this liner is in the top 1% of...." where are all the **** ones? Where are the bottom 25% working, how's life for those guys?

I’ve always wondered why ship manufacturers don’t steal pay homage to other manufacturer’s by re-envisaging their ideas.

Surely Lakon would have looked at Faulcon DeLacey’s Krait MkII and thought “Of course, a class 7 power distributor, that’s what the Chieftain needs....we’ll chuck one in, put some red piping on the seats and call it the Chieftain RS. It’ll sell like hot cakes.”

I like the idea but (as-is) the Chieftain has no size 7 internal slot. To add one, you'd end up reconfiguring the whole internal layout because the ship's size isn't changing (presumably). Again, I'm not knocking the idea but there is probably a limit for mods that one could make to a ship's internals without becoming too unrealistic in terms of what would be feasible.

As an example I could say: please put that 5.7 liter, 350 cubic-inch V8 engine into my Yugo. All you have to do is increase the size of the engine compartment on the car. Just take the space away from something else in there.

...and the Chieftain RS had better come with fuzzy dice! :)

Last edited:
Ok, here's mine. It's a question is about a ship-build with more than one multi-cannon.

Let's presume that I engineer the MCs and apply the corrosive shell experimental effect to both MCs. I thought I saw someone say that these exp-effects don't "stack."
But the effect applies to each and every "bullet" (shell) in your MC so why would it not apply to the rounds in a 2nd MC on your ship? If damage from a projectile weapon adds up as each projectile hits a target, why would that not be true of the projectiles regardless of whether they were launched from weapon #1 or weapon #2?

Have I misinterpreted someone's comment?

Yes. At least I think so. :)

AFAIK if you hit a ship hull with corrosive weapon, all shots landed with any weapon after that do the extra damage, for the duration of the effect (as long as shields stay down). If you hit the target again with a corrosive weapon before the effect wears out, you can prolong the duration as long as you have ammo.

Ok, here's mine. It's a question is about a ship-build with more than one multi-cannon.

Let's presume that I engineer the MCs and apply the corrosive shell experimental effect to both MCs. I thought I saw someone say that these exp-effects don't "stack."
But the effect applies to each and every "bullet" (shell) in your MC so why would it not apply to the rounds in a 2nd MC on your ship? If damage from a projectile weapon adds up as each projectile hits a target, why would that not be true of the projectiles regardless of whether they were launched from weapon #1 or weapon #2?

It simply means that the effects of the corrosive shell (secondary effect) doesn't stack.

For example (I'm making figures up here) if one corrosive MC causes a corrosive effect on a target that damages hull at a rate of 1% every 20 seconds, two corrosive MC won't cause 2% every 20 seconds etc.

They will still both do base damage though at the DPS rate of each MC, assuming all shots hit.

Asteroid belts...why are they in game other than for the sake of creating a more complete galaxy.

Why are there only ever 6-8 asteroids in them?

Does anyone ever visit them? If so...why? Has anyone ever found anything of interest in one?
The yields are all the same so you can go in and mine the dame 6 asteroids then jump out and back in or relog and do it again

My Question:
In the fleet carrier we have a Legal Goods Market and in that market we have a list of all Legal Salvage we can place on that market, for import or export.

Some of the Items on the list no longer seem possible to find legally.
So my Question (to Fdev as players do not know) would be is it possible to find all of the Legal Salvage as listed in the fleet carriers Legal salvage market.
Not with stolen or mission tags but clean legal salvage that can be placed on the carriers market.

Here are some of the items nobody has been able to find legally for quite some time now.
AI Relics
Ancient Artefact
Antimatter Containment Unit
Data Core
Diplomatic Bag
Encrypted Data Storage
Fossil Remnants
Gene Bank
Prohibited Research Materials
Rare Artwork
Rebel Transmissions
SAP 8 Core Container
Space Pioneer Relics
Time Capsule

I dont want locations or any details really, I just want to know that the items are there for people to find and that its not just a coding error that the fleet carrier lists them.

This.
1609305893091.png

How and why?

And is it Thargoid related?

Asteroid belts...why are they in game other than for the sake of creating a more complete galaxy.

Why are there only ever 6-8 asteroids in them?

Does anyone ever visit them? If so...why? Has anyone ever found anything of interest in one?

If a belt has 6 asteroids it will have no core.
If it has 10 asteroids one of them has a core.
I have a list of Belts that always have a core and every now and then I make a trip round them and collect the cores.

So "does anyone ever visit them ?"
Yes I do :)

Yes. At least I think so. :)

AFAIK if you hit a ship hull with corrosive weapon, all shots landed with any weapon after that do the extra damage, for the duration of the effect (as long as shields stay down). If you hit the target again with a corrosive weapon before the effect wears out, you can prolong the duration as long as you have ammo.
This is my understanding of how it works too.

If you scheduled your FC to jump and transfer a ship / or modules to your FC, where the ship arrival time took longer before the FC jumps, will there be any prevention or ship will be transferred regardless, or perhaps other outcome ?

Currently wondering how I used Deanna Troi's COVAS for two years and never realized it was her. Someone with sub-par thinkmeat occupying my chair, I guess.

I know about Leo/Holly. Any other famous COVASs that I've been too dense to notice?

I've only watched Star Trek in my native language (German), so I wouldn't have noticed either. That being said, if FDev could get Claudia Christian on board, I'd buy that COVAS in a heart-beat and I will send poor Celeste into early retirement (she lost her French accent after purchase anyway :( ) :D

Top Bottom