Stuff you've always wondered about

A thread for questions - for noobs and advanced players - for stuff you want to know, no matter how stupid you may think the question is

Not a thread for open vs solo, grind debate etc

Mine: do massacre missions still stack? I have a faction offering two missions targeting same system and same faction, one for 16 kills the other for 42 kills. Can I combine them or will I have to kill 58 in total?
Yes

Whatever happened to running around different planetary bases and scanning the data points for encoded data... Does anyone still do these? I found a bunch of base layout printouts yesterday during packing up the house for our move to Oxfordshire next week. It brought back fond memories of doing these in the SRV 🍿

How can there be an alpha and beta for Odyssey, with feedback and issues being addressed from those, but it still releases in Q1? I think I may already know the answer to this...
Don't ask awkward questions FDev don't want asked! 😵

I have 2 questions that I think I know the answer to, should know the answer to.

When I've finished bashing some pirate up, I'm collecting the mats, to recharge my shields more effectively, I need to fill the System PIPS, right?

If I have used synthesised ammo, I'm now about half full, maybe a third, If I reload in a station, I lose that bonus ammo, right?

Thank you in advance for answering me and mocking me.

I do not know; yes you should; yes; I would like to know too esspecially with premium ammo; you're welcome and will try next time.

What I would like to know is why does my scarab booster engage immediately when I am using the turret and press the correct key, but not when I am driving the srv and pressing the key, only some seconds after I have hit the obstacle? I suspect I have installed the "Capt'n Obvious" model.

If I can store an unlimited amount of ships throughout the galaxy, why can I only store 120 modules?
Why can't I have player crew and fly in a wing?

Is there any, I mean ANY sensible reason to use the 'dedicated' passenger liner that is the Orca over a Python.... for passenger missions???

Last edited:
I have 2 questions that I think I know the answer to, should know the answer to.

When I've finished bashing some pirate up, I'm collecting the mats, to recharge my shields more effectively, I need to fill the System PIPS, right?
More quickly yes. they are iirc 2.7x as 'strong' with 4 PIPS in them so more effective as well.
If I have used synthesised ammo, I'm now about half full, maybe a third, If I reload in a station, I lose that bonus ammo, right?
Yes you lose it on all the ammo, it doesnt distinguish between the first synth boosted and the new base ammo.

My Qs:

What exactly do I see in Local System Chat? Do I see PG & Solo from my own Platform only?
Why cant I find people asking for wings, usually at CGs?

Top Bottom