Stupid is..

Stupid is as stupid does. What’s the most stupid thing you have done in game?
l recently went to the scene of the Marlinist prison break, Serene Harbour. Parked my Asp X just outside the main gate and went for a drive in my SRV. Picked up a few of the data logs when I came across a power switch. So I activated it…… nothing happened. Bit bored of the site I headed back to my ship. Engines engaged, lift off, insta-death. The newly powered up defence turrets took me straight out to the rebuy screen.
Now I know that someone at FDev added the power switch to catch out stupid people, yup got me good.

Not realising that there was a key for eject all cargo, after spending 2hours mining 3p back in 2015/6, in a 96t aspx.

Got the value of it by crying to support like a little girl, which was nice, but still felt like a twonk.

That button got unbound.
Pretty much the same happened to me
with some illegal goods... Wanted to sneak into a Coriolis like a pro...
Unfortunately the 'eject all cargo' key was bound straight next to the 'silent running' one...
Instead of sneaking in I laid out a trail of illegal breadcrumbs through the mail slot :D

Stupid is as stupid does. What’s the most stupid thing you have done in game?
There was one time I couldn't figure out why my ship wouldn't take off from a planet surface. One forum thread later on I checked to discover the thrusters were turned off.

l recently went to the scene of the Marlinist prison break, Serene Harbour. Parked my Asp X just outside the main gate and went for a drive in my SRV. Picked up a few of the data logs when I came across a power switch. So I activated it…… nothing happened. Bit bored of the site I headed back to my ship. Engines engaged, lift off, insta-death. The newly powered up defence turrets took me straight out to the rebuy screen.
Now I know that someone at FDev added the power switch to catch out stupid people, yup got me good.

A couple of times I've had to boost and run because I forgot powering up the station means the defences turn on unless you have specifically turned them off in the Security hab.

Not realising that there was a key for eject all cargo, after spending 2hours mining 3p back in 2015/6, in a 96t aspx.

Got the value of it by crying to support like a little girl, which was nice, but still felt like a twonk.

That button got unbound.
One day 1 of playing, the first time I went through the keybinds & saw that key for all cargo eject..................it got unbound seconds later.

Oof... back in 2015 or so.... I joined the forums.

Around the same time I tried scooping a star in my brand new, one use and sell, Sidewinder Taxi. Unfortunately the one use and sell Taxi didn't come with a fuel scoop. Only time I have used the self destruct option.

I can never make my mind up as to which mistake is worse, as they are both self inflected.

Oof... back in 2015 or so.... I joined the forums.

Yup we're all guilty of that stupid mistake.
Around the same time I tried scooping a star in my brand new, one use and sell, Sidewinder Taxi. Unfortunately the one use and sell Taxi didn't come with a fuel scoop. Only time I have used the self destruct option.

I can never make my mind up as to which mistake is worse, as they are both self inflected.

Oh yea I've done that before.

I was putting fires out, and there was a fire immediately in front of the atmo panel. No problem thinks I, my suit will protect me for a while.....

Instant death, whether having shields up would have saved me, I do not know.

Also been shot down by a base I have restored power to.

Steve 07.

Expected more than 2 expansions in 7 years... ;)

Nah, probably just my first time using silent running and having no idea why my ship was melting.

Or maybe the time I tried to do a totally cold station entry by turning off everything including thrusters after boosting at the slot. My Cobra Mk3 really did become a pancake - I was also doing it with a friend watching.... I sure showed off real good there.

Stupidest thing I've probably done was join the forum

giggle-laugh.gif

Against better judgement, giving combat a go. Came to the aid of a hospital base under attack. I'm still not completely sure why, but I got shot to pieces by my own side: the thrilling system police.. my hypothesis is I accidentally hit the base in the heat of the fight, which covered 75% of my screenview in the dogfight.
Got my fill with combat completely in a conflictzone. Again: it's a chaotic dogfight. Humanity has invented shields for the ships. But nope: friendly fire to a snowflake ally. And what was particularly thrilling: both sides partied up aal against me! I barely managed to jump away. That was the last time I went into conflicts ever. I think its SO lame in this game. Why conflict at all? Over some depleted systems where there are 400 BILLION where that came from?!

Taking screenshots just outside of an asteroid station along the Colonia highway... in camera view... kept changing angles and positions of the ship till it went boom.
Afterwards i managed to figure out that i entered the exclusion zone and was trespassing (since i just exited the station i did not asked for docking permission) and back then no warnings came in the camera view.

I was pretty cool with it, i just had sold all the exploration data for that leg of the journey (was returning from Colonia back to the bubble), so no losses except the rebuy and that didnt matter much.
Then it hit me... My. Elite. SLF. Crew. 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom