Stupid is..

Some less consequential ones:
  • go mining, forget to get limpets, then wonder why i cannot launch the prospectors
  • go mining, forget to pack refinery
  • come in to a planetary landing, night side, i turn backside up, like a dead fish in the water (better view since the ground is up, in the non-obstructed part of the cockpit glass), go through all the phases, request docking permission.... and somewhere along the way i forgot i was flying reverted... confusion deeply set in... so i crashed. Fortunately, the ship didnt go boom, but it was quite embarassing
  • go in a CZ in a new Vette, i pick the first target, press fire, hardpoints deploy and the entire ship shuts off - yea... i forgot to set power priorities.
  • and another embarrassing one - took me almost 2 years to figure out the Board light on the SRV hud - after it was pointed out in a similar thread....
Edit:
and another one:
I spent 5 minutes trying to Supercharge my FSD wondering what on earth is happening, then i remembered you need a Fuel scoop for it, so figured my fuel scoop was turned off somehow...
and while browsing the modules list i realized i have not packed a fuel scoop since i decided that for that specific trip a fuel tank would get me to the destination faster.
Well, it didn't, since i was counting on that supercharge too...

Last edited:
Lately its been constantly, CONSTANTLY forgetting to turn my shield on during on-foot stuff.

But my personal favourite had to have been taking my Anaconda out for some combat practice, heading for. Hi-rez zone, and realising instead of shields I had a refinery, and instead of actual weapons I had a mining laser and sub surface missiles. Did’t last long.

and another one:
I spent 5 minutes trying to Supercharge my FSD wondering what on earth is happening, then i remembered you need a Fuel scoop for it, so figured my fuel scoop was turned off somehow...
and while browsing the modules list i realized i have not packed a fuel scoop since i decided that for that specific trip a fuel tank would get me to the destination faster.
Well, it didn't, since i was counting on that supercharge too...
Oh, I was trying to do this in my new Cobra Mark Four (Snake - Eyes!) and wondering why it wasn't super charging. Now, I know........thanks a lot, because otherwise, I had to dock at the local orbital in that system with the...um.... Supa-Nova (?) and catch a shuttle to get back home, and then arrange for my ship to be flown the rest of the way. Now, I know, I and do remember now that I had my fuel scoop disabled so I had enough power to run to ship. Although, you may call my buying Cobra Mark Four, after purchasing that Anaconda where a few people here commented that was pretty silly.

So, um........ buying the Anaconda and flying the Anaconda without rebuy at first, and then flying the Anaconda into a Supa-Nova where it lost most of it's hull, and the canopy cracked open, and it was stuck in throes of a Supa-Nova without a means to get out of it before it went boom. That was pretty silly of me considering, but at least by that time I had rebuy.

Here's a good one, Last night I was using my new Cobra Mark Four to do a salvage mission and when I finally find the containers containing the military plans I needed . ( This was after, I had already quit doing the mission in the first place. When all I could do was fly at the planet in question and not land there, because I couldn't land there!) This time I had found those military plans and was ready to scoop up the contraband......I press the Cargo Scoop button (The Home Key.) and nothing happens. So, I go back into options and key-binds for the ship, to check that it is indeed the Home-Key that activates the Cargo-Scoop. I try it again, pressing it a few times and to no avail. So, I go back into the options and key-binds for the ship and swap the key-bind for Cargo Scoop (Normally the Home Key.) with Jettison all Cargo. (Normally the End Key, underneath the Home Key!) and I try the using the End key and again nothing happens.) it's by this stage I wonder if my keyboard is now faulty and in need of replacing. I start to use Google to solve my problem and by then I realise something, and check which mods I have disabled on that ship. Remembering that Cargo Hatch was disabled and still is. I re-enable it thinking that maybe it's got some connection to the Cargo-Scoop. Then remembering that I swapped it's key-bind with Jettison all Cargo, I press then End key and it works like a charm. Successfully finishing the mission, but not before, I rebind those keys that way they had been before, else this could have been very disastrous.....

Last edited:
Fully loaded up for a mining run with hundreds of limpets; decided to jettison the limpets and buy them close to where I was heading. Unfortunately, the station took offense to me dumping hundreds of limpets at the station entrance; I got spammed with '100 credit fine' warnings for about 8 jumps.

Got to see the funny side, right?

A few week back I did a multicrew settlement raid. We landed in a wingmates ship and disembarked in 2 of his SRVs. As we advanced, I decided to go on foot to get to the rooftops. My mate was infront still in his SRV when he spotted the enemy and opened fire. I died instantly. Turns out multicrew SRV's fire remotely when the owner fires his guns. I was shot in the back by my own SRV

A few week back I did a multicrew settlement raid. We landed in a wingmates ship and disembarked in 2 of his SRVs. As we advanced, I decided to go on foot to get to the rooftops. My mate was infront still in his SRV when he spotted the enemy and opened fire. I died instantly. Turns out multicrew SRV's fire remotely when the owner fires his guns. I was shot in the back by my own SRV
That's not stupidity on your part though.

A few months back I hiked a trip to HIP 58832 on a friend's FC.
I was doing some low level bounty hunting with a wingmate, to kill time and have a laugh when, suddenly, my wingmate got disconnected as I engaged some bigger ships. I was in a core-mining Python with a couple of weapons added for fun at the last minute, and therefore I wasn't really up to the task in solo, and I wasn't able to low wake quickly enough.
As I got to the rebuy screen I realised that, in the heat of the battle, I had accidentally dropped one item of cargo and the local police had fined me for 100cr, and so I found myself on a detention ship in the Bubble, about 5kly away from my friends. 😅

😂😂😂
This is gold!

I tried out the engineering in 2.1 and wasted days of game session for nothing but a crappy thermal intransferrable resistance mod on one of my dozen ships. I'm not saying it wasted months, because the months spent on planets with the buggy was in essence pretty useless in yield for engineering, but the atmosphere was pretty fun. There was just not much reason to do it. And more often than not it didn't pay.

Basically it killed all desire to play once I saw them roll out the buffed AI. That day ED stopped being a space game and became just another bad looter with unlocks that required compulsive disorder or masochism to play it.

I recently killed my alt on a 2.5g planet 40kly out in the black.. Errmmm I euhh.. I.. Was.... trying.. Euh ... So careless

I have over 4000 hour in the game.. Landed a laden shieldless cutter on the 45g planet...

I bought an anaconda without having rebuy early in my pilot career. I proceeded to attempt to land on a high G world and kaboom. Lost the ship. I thought I could earn the money quickly enough that I wasn't really taking too much a risk.

Top Bottom