Styracosaurus Size

I always loved the look of the Styracosaurus, my one critique, I think it is too big. Either make Styracosaurus a little smaller, or make Triceratops a bit bigger.
styracosaurus-size.jpg
9607046_orig.jpg

All of the ceratopsians in Evolution were scaled up to be the same size as Triceratops for some reason, likely so they could fight the theropods without needing to adjust hitboxes and positionings.

All of the ceratopsians in Evolution were scaled up to be the same size as Triceratops for some reason, likely so they could fight the theropods without needing to adjust hitboxes and positionings.
Hope they fix that in the next update comiing with 1993 DLC
Here's something interesting I just found out. The ceratopsians in-game actually have a couple of varying sizes.
You don't believe me? Ccheck out these pictures with all of the current ceratopsian species in-game on my Nublar experimental map.

Some are similar as the other (but are not all the same together) like for example, the Triceratops to the Pentaceratops and Stegoceratops, or the Nasutoceratops to the Sinoceratops. (Base body height wise)

And the Styracosaurus, I'm not kidding you, is actually a little bit smaller than the Triceratops and other two big ceratopsians in-game already.

Oh, and here's this from community manager Paul_Crowther:
But, if I had to make an exception to that statement, it would probably be the Torosaurus that would be eligible for a size change. In-game, it's actually smaller than the Triceratops, as you can see in one of my pictures above. Torosaurus, accordingly to the Dinopedia entry in the InGen Database, says it could be a mature form of the Triceratops. Because of this, maybe it could be increased to be the same size as the Triceratops, as it is equal in height to both the Pentaceratops and Stegoceratops, and is likely the biggest size the ceratopsians in-game can currently get.

Last edited:
The "Toro is a mature Triceratops" thing was debunked, though, they've found juvenile Torosaurus fossils. As for their sizes, maybe it's just my eyes or my copy, but aside from the Pentaceratops' tallness they seem to be the same size, even when they're right next to each other.

The "Toro is a mature Triceratops" thing was debunked, though, they've found juvenile Torosaurus fossils. As for their sizes, maybe it's just my eyes or my copy, but aside from the Pentaceratops' tallness they seem to be the same size, even when they're right next to each other.
The InGen Database entry in the Dinopedia still says it hasn't been confirmed yet. While I have already learned the current consensus in a real-world perspective is that both dinos are their own genuses, I think the game should stay true to its in-universe perspective.

And that's why I mean the Trike, Penta and Stegocera are of similar base body tallness sizes.

Last edited:
Anybody remember Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Styracosaurus was depicted as smaller than Torosaurus and Triceratops. Would it be better to have the size of Styracosaurus in JWE like the one in JPOG?

Top Bottom