Suggestion: Guardian Ships

Introduction:

Guardian Ships is not a 'new' concept, at least in the form of the game as a whole as we already have Guardian Ship Launched Fighters that require 'Guardian Vessel Blueprints'. However I will be discussing a different concept in this suggestion, being actual Guardian Ships that can be obtained in Shipyards once unlocked.

Suggestion:

-Guardian Vessels of different varieties are added to the game, and are hopefully not copy and pasted like a lot of ships ;)

- These Ships will primarily focus on Combat performance, however they could make for decent exploration ships too with good Synergy effects (more on that later ;) )

- These Ships MUST be unlocked at a Tech Broker before they become visible in the Shipyard, depending on ship size one can expect them to be VERY expensive!

-They come with a fixed +10% resistance to Thargoid weapons stock. this cannot be removed or changed.

-They can fit all the same modules that human ships can in outfitting, however applying Guardian modules will apply a Synergy bonus.

Synergy Bonuses:

Guardian Modules (ALL) +5% added to final positive stats, for example this could be Damage for weapons, power and heat management from powerplant, jump range from FSD/ FSD booster, Distributor Capacity, even resistance (however to prevent excessive resistance from reinforcements, the 5% figure is nerfed to 2.5% to prevent excessive stacking)

Conclusion;

In short these ships are more so meant for Thargoid combat, but with Guardian Module Synergy they can fulfill a larger portion of roles and can make interesting assets for players who like collecting ships or exploring Guardian content.

Quick question(s).

Are you talking about new ships that would be reverse-engineered from guardian tech (like the SLFs), or are you talking about human-built ships that have been gutted and rebuilt with guardian tech? It would be much easier for Ram Tah to use his somewhat limited resources to pull old ships from the scrapyard and rebuild them with guardian tech than to design a completely new ship . It would also require less work from FDev, so they'll be happy about that too. That said, I kinda want both.
(I would think that the Viper III, Cobra III, AspX, Python, and Anaconda would be good candidates in-universe for a rebuild program since they are older designs that should be fairly easy to find in scrapyards with replacement parts readily available)

Would the limit of 4 experimental modules/weapons apply to these ships? I think it would be interesting to be forced to choose between which modules you want with the 5% bonuses.

I'm guessing that these ships will come with stock bulkheads with the 10% thargoid resistance that can't be removed or engineered?

Last edited:
Quick question(s).

Are you talking about new ships that would be reverse-engineered from guardian tech (like the SLFs), or are you talking about human-built ships that have been gutted and rebuilt with guardian tech? It would be much easier for Ram Tah to use his somewhat limited resources to pull old ships from the scrapyard and rebuild them with guardian tech than to design a completely new ship . It would also require less work from FDev, so they'll be happy about that too. That said, I kinda want both.
(I would think that the Viper III, Cobra III, AspX, Python, and Anaconda would be good candidates in-universe for a rebuild program since they are older designs that should be fairly easy to find in scrapyards with replacement parts readily available)

Would the limit of 4 experimental modules/weapons apply to these ships? I think it would be interesting to be forced to choose between which modules you want with the 5% bonuses.

I'm guessing that these ships will come with stock bulkheads with the 10% thargoid resistance that can't be removed or engineered?

well that much is up to the creativity of FDev, personally I would love to see totally unique ships added rather than a copy and paste type deal. although resource wise as you said, using older ships as a starting point is more functional from a lore perspective.

It would be nice to see the cap altered for these ships or simply removed. in regards to the bulkheads i made a separate suggestion on that, these ships could have a few bulkheads that increase Thargoid resistance, but also these better bulkheads come with a weakness to human weapons as a catch ;)

well that much is up to the creativity of FDev, personally I would love to see totally unique ships added rather than a copy and paste type deal. although resource wise as you said, using older ships as a starting point is more functional from a lore perspective.

It would be nice to see the cap altered for these ships or simply removed.
FDev alters cap from 4 modules to 2 modules
In regards to the bulkheads i made a separate suggestion on that, these ships could have a few bulkheads that increase Thargoid resistance, but also these better bulkheads come with a weakness to human weapons as a catch ;)
That would be interesting. I take it the weakness to human weapons would be in the form of low kinetic/thermal/explosive resistance?
Could you please clarify exact number?..
It would probably depend on the size of the ship(s) involved. I would imagine something akin to a Cobra III would be somewhere in the 750k CR to 1M CR range, with the price scaling to match larger ships (maybe 2-3x the price of a comparable standard ship). Don't quote me on that though, OP might have a different idea as to how much these should cost.

Could you please clarify exact number?..

I should of been more clear sorry, I meant more expensive in regards to materials needed to unlock (for example a small ship may require 4 ship blueprints and 50+ of various resources. Large ship may cost 8 Blueprints and 80+ of various resources) because lets face it, if we are going to have a boost like that there needs to be a catch, also a ship is a helava lot bigger than a Powerplant ;) . and Grind can be a good thing as it will give players more to do.
View attachment 146585

FDev alters cap from 4 modules to 2 modules

That would be interesting. I take it the weakness to human weapons would be in the form of low kinetic/thermal/explosive resistance?

It would probably depend on the size of the ship(s) involved. I would imagine something akin to a Cobra III would be somewhere in the 750k CR to 1M CR range, with the price scaling to match larger ships (maybe 2-3x the price of a comparable standard ship). Don't quote me on that though, OP might have a different idea as to how much these should cost.

LOL yeah I guess both would work ;)

I don’t think it matters

In regards to credits no, credits are real easy to get and are not even a small hurdle for longtime players. materials however will provide everyone with somethign to do, i know a lot of people complain about grind. but it is the grind that provides fulfilment when you complete it ;)

I should of been more clear sorry, I meant more expensive in regards to materials needed to unlock (for example a small ship may require 4 ship blueprints and 50+ of various resources. Large ship may cost 8 Blueprints and 80+ of various resources) because lets face it, if we are going to have a boost like that there needs to be a catch, also a ship is a helava lot bigger than a Powerplant ;) . and Grind can be a good thing as it will give players more to do.
Stacks of 50 resources seems fair for a small ship, although if there is going to be more than one ship it will add up quickly with the SLF grinds needing a total of 75 power cells and 75 tech components, among other things. How about something like this for a small ship:
  • 3 ship blueprints
  • 50 guardian power cells
  • 50 guardian tech components
  • 30 guardian wreckage components
  • 50 beta pattern obelisk data

I suspect FDEV already have an extensive story line involving thargoids and guardians, whether this would fit in with that storyline is questionable but ultimately only FDEV knows.

Considering how some pilots fly (when already bored of everything and wanna new experience) and idea of really unique ships:
no need guardian stuff, only human tech can be used, no engineering because everything is already maxed, pilot will need skills (not grind) to fly the ship.
  • flight assist off only
  • sensor is able to see objects only as stations and bigger
  • no weapon hud
  • only fixed weapons
  • no cargo racks
All above optimizations allow to reduce power usage and mass, use lighter thrusters and still producing faster ship.
What this ship:
  • it's not better ship
  • it's not multipurpose ship
  • the ship is to kill fast humans and thargoids
  • this is not better ship
  • this is a special ship indeed

Last edited:
Considering how some pilots fly (when already bored of everything and wanna new experience) and idea of really unique ships:
no need guardian stuff, only human tech can be used, no engineering because everything is already maxed, pilot will need skills (not grind) to fly the ship.
  • flight assist off only
  • sensor is able to see objects only as stations and bigger
  • no weapon hud
  • only fixed weapons
  • no cargo racks
All above optimizations allow to reduce power usage and mass, use lighter thrusters and still producing faster ship.
What this ship:
  • it's not better ship
  • it's not multipurpose ship
  • the ship is to kill fast humans and thargoids
  • this is not better ship
  • this is special ship indeed
This would be horrible to use!

Top Bottom