Suggestion: Introduction of a Vapor Cone and sonic boom upon breaching/surpassing mach on planets with atmospheres.

While different atmospheres have different speeds at which Mach can be breached depending on composition (density and whatnot of the gas) and how light the atmosphere is, I was thinking about how fast Mach would be on different planets. As an example, Mach on Earth is 343~ m/s while on Mars it's 240~ m/s. I think it'd be cool to be able to break the sound barrier on planets with atmospheres and being able to push Mach's varied speeds on different planets.

Last edited:
I requested just this, too. I requested Contrails and vapor cones, more specifically, about a couple weeks ago. And once more, about Carrier release era, in anticipation for Odyssey. But even SC lacks this feature. You really only see it in Ace Combat type games. For now? we don’t have to worry about it in tenuous atmosphere. I’m mostly wanting to see it for full atmospheric worlds, which is what I was hoping Odyssey would do, pre-carrier release.

Top Bottom