Suggestions for closing time/overnight maintenance

In the game, I would like to see maintenance during the down time of the park when it is closed. This would be an added expense and could fix some of the complaints people have about how the profits in the game currently work. Here are my suggestions:

Mechanics inspect and test all rides before they open. You could assign certain mechanics to specific rides to spread out work load. They could also check ride gates to make sure they are working properly.

Janitors would do their normal task of emptying bins and sweeping the paths.

A new "Maintenance staff" could be added to complete other tasks such as:

Painting buildings that have become run down.

Watering Plants/Foliage

Inspecting the park in general.

And if security guards were added in, they could have the job of making sure people leave the park at closing, nobody sneaks in or tries to stay the night at the park.

I know these suggestions are not easy to implement and most likely won't make it into the game unless a big update is planned in the future, but I still wanted to post my suggestions about it just in case. Leave your suggestions below!

Well, we would need to figure out how long a day/night cycle should be, and how long a park would stay closed. We wouldn't want the time its closed too long, so maybe parks would be open at 6am, but the crowds would not start to poor in until about 8 or 10am. Then at 10pm or 11pm, guests would get tired and begin to go home, but rides wouldn't have to close till 1am or even 2. That way we could keep the closed time to a minimum.

But then we would need to see how long it would take for a large park full of 5,000-10,000 guests. I'm not sure the current AI system would work well for that. Maybe if families were set to leave earlier like around 8pm so that at least 1/3 of the park is already empty before closing time.

Then we would have to account for how the would affect player economy, would this hurt profits or could it increase profits for those who charge admission. I don't think it would be that beneficial with the way the game is currently setup. But I do wish the devs could add it in somehow

Last edited:
I was having an issue with guests becoming stuck at ride entrances, so I tested closing my 9000 capacity park. It took six in-game months to reestablish my capacity!

And I discovered half a dozen guests stuck and unable to leave, which could have been much worse.

Precisely. Obviously, I just increased time, and it was interesting that not all the rides closed automatically, so many guests had to wait until the ride finished or I had to manually close the ride for them to head for the exit.

And there was about half a dozen guests stuck and unable to leave so I have to move them near the exit myself. The only real issue was my shop staff became unhappy & quit due to a lack of custom, but new staff saved me money with their basic salaries, so I didn't really lose much money once my capacity was reestablished.

Did it iron out some guest behaviour problems? I'd like to think it did.

I really don't see how this is going to work. The time ratio is nowhere close to real world time. For example 10 minutes of our time is like maybe a week in PC time. Not exactly, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

Basically some stuff that happens in real life, doesn't work out as imagined in a game setting. For example, ride aging. Cool idea, but difficult to tackle.

I really don't see how this is going to work. The time ratio is nowhere close to real world time. For example 10 minutes of our time is like maybe a week in PC time. Not exactly, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

Basically some stuff that happens in real life, doesn't work out as imagined in a game setting. For example, ride aging. Cool idea, but difficult to tackle.
That is the main issue with this, that the time in the game would have to be reworked. But I think it could definitely be done, although it's probable very unlikely.

That is the main issue with this, that the time in the game would have to be reworked. But I think it could definitely be done, although it's probable very unlikely.

They can technically do just about anything. The simulation could run in 1:1 real time with no fast forwarding options but it'd just be boring waiting for 2 real life years to buy your second ride.

For example 10 minutes of our time is like maybe a week in PC time.

Actually 1 month in PC is about 12 minutes, with 8 months per year thats 1hour 35mins per year. I also believe that the sun sets and rises once per month. The length of 1 month has been increased from the days of RCT which ran at 7 minutes per month

I have made a few threads discussing this. The flow of time is something that IMO has no affect on the game right now, aside from the unbalanced ride reputation feature. I think its strange how the devs thought that having rides become more popular and more profitable after 20+ years was a good idea, considering most scenarios in classic RCT had a time limit of usually less than 8 years.

Personally, I think a month could last 45-60 minutes, allowing for 15 minutes of park "down time" without having a major impact on the game, they would just have to balance the ride reputation feature.

Top Bottom