Suggestions for the upcoming Fantasy and Sci-fi themes

I know there´s already a themes wishlist thread, but I couldn´t find any in depth discussion on Fantasy and Sci-Fi.
Since I really enjoyed the first impressions that Frontier revealed in their first live stream, I thought it would be great
to collect some ideas. This also makes sense because the two themes are probably in development right now and Frontier might
still be looking for ideas and feedback.

I´m really excited for the fantasy theme because it looks like it will enable us to create something like Disneys fantasyland.
My wishes/ideas are:
1) Some parts should be dedicated to a fairy tale atmosphere. I´m pretty sure most of the classic fairy tales aren´t copyrighted, so
Frontier could probably add stuff like witches, dwarves, mermaids, white rabbits with watches, card soldiers or giant beanstalks.
2) I´d also love to see a more serious fantasy style - comparable to Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Add knights, castles...
3) We definitely need a giant dragon animatronic!

For the sci-fi theme I also hope that Frontier tries to cover different directions:
1) Of course something like Star Wars comes to mind. Some creative looking space ships, robots and alien creatures would be nice.
2) I´d also like to see some classic space travel stuff. Rockets, astronauts and planets in different sizes.
3) It would be cool to have some animatronics looking like classic x-files aliens. And an UFO animatronic.
4) A completely different direction could be the addition of steam punk elements - a mixture of 19th century and modern technology. Would
look cool in a theme park. This could also go in the Jules Verne direction that Disneyland Paris used.
5) We need all the stuff that´s necessary to recreate something like space mountain. Maybe some pitch black walls with blinking stars...

Feel free to add to these ideas.
This gives us something to do while we wait for Tuesday. [big grin]

Last edited:
I want clean sci fi. Not like alien stuff or cyberpunk. Like this:
1-8.jpg

See: Battlestar galactica ride / Tranformer / New test track

As for Fantasy, I like what they were doing already.

Fantasy is usualy divided in 3. Princess, Alpine/forest village, Storybook land. They seemed to have the village feel down. Will we get some princesse stuff? (castle) As for storybook, Lots of greenary, flower maybe some scupture.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
For fairytale, I really hope that we can re colour the castle pieces as we wish! An animatronic dragon would be amazing! I want cauldrons, broomsticks, magical creatures. Anything medieval would really help with Game Of Thrones, Lord Of the Rings or Harry Potter. People should be able to buy wizard hats. Wouldn't it be awesome if we had round doors so we could build hobbit houses?

I'm really hype for being able to build my own Disney Castle. [hehe]
I hope they implement round towers and not only squared stuff.

Hobbit holes is a great idea! :)

For Sci-Fi, I'd expect Frontier would use their own assets here [haha]

I can just imagine Federal and Imperial themed parks, and Coriolis rides [alien]

If we're getting a tonne of themes, I think Sci-Fi should be split between Space and Futuristic. Space gives us aliens, space ships, rockets, asteroids, etc. Futuristic gives us just nice shiny stuff and high tech displays as signs. Means everyone gets the best of both worlds.

If we're getting a tonne of themes, I think Sci-Fi should be split between Space and Futuristic. Space gives us aliens, space ships, rockets, asteroids, etc. Futuristic gives us just nice shiny stuff and high tech displays as signs. Means everyone gets the best of both worlds.
+1 [up]

Top Bottom