Suit and Gun Locations - Where to get your fix

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I should clarify. The engineers are following the same path as the Horizon ones: they do tell you what they want for an unlock, and then once unlocked will tell you what they need to introduce you to the next engineer.
It's a little different though. Ship Engineers require unlock and a task to be fulfilled. With Odyssey, they just need the unlock. And what happens when you do that task for the next engineer isn't clear yet. For example, one seems to be offering to show me the location of Jude according to the image... But he's unlockable already so I wonder how it works.

It's something I was working on but bugs are slowing me down.

There was a non-engineered G3 Maverick suit at LHS 1547 - Otiman Station at 11:53 UTC that I did not buy (as I already have one). If anyone is nearby could they pop over in the name of science and see if it's still there, then report back?

At least that would give us an idea if suit spawns are universal or unique to the CMDR.
We have a result!

1621598216989.png

So I bought it (because I can absolutely use this, it'll save me tons of time!) but this proves one thing:

It's persistent between commanders. I visited this just now, so within the hour. I'm guessing if someone visits now then it'll be gone for them.

Based on this, it would be useful to share:

If you do not need to buy the item and want to let others have it.

All we need to test now is how long it remains before it disappears, or if it's permanent until bought. Once we know that, I think a "share gear" thread would be amazing. I think that players definitely shouldn't buy these unless they actually need them though.

It's a little different though. Ship Engineers require unlock and a task to be fulfilled. With Odyssey, they just need the unlock. And what happens when you do that task for the next engineer isn't clear yet. For example, one seems to be offering to show me the location of Jude according to the image... But he's unlockable already so I wonder how it works.
Ah ok - I put discovery (who tells you about the engineer) and access (what you need to do for the engineer to work on your stuff) into the single worrd "unlock". So a terminology thing?

Farseer and Domino are both on public record (they're given to you for free), so no discovery as such.

I suspect the artwork is slightly borked for that next engineer - time will tell as they are unlocked.

There was a non-engineered G3 Maverick suit at LHS 1547 - Otiman Station at 11:53 UTC that I did not buy (as I already have one). If anyone is nearby could they pop over in the name of science and see if it's still there, then report back?

At least that would give us an idea if suit spawns are universal or unique to the CMDR.
Just made it to Otiman Station in LHS 1547 and there's no G3 Maverick suit there, only a G1.

Ah ok - I put discovery (who tells you about the engineer) and access (what you need to do for the engineer to work on your stuff) into the single worrd "unlock". So a terminology thing?

Farseer and Domino are both on public record (they're given to you for free), so no discovery as such.

I suspect the artwork is slightly borked for that next engineer - time will tell as they are unlocked.
It's still different.

Ship engineers =

1. Discovery (either public or referred)
  2. Unlock (travel 5000LY)
  3. Task (Provide 25 sensor fragments)
Odyssey (so far) =

1. Discovery
  2. Unlock (10 CZs)
  3. Done
  4. (although you need to do a task to discover the next, so it's sort of the same but only if you want to progress further)

Just made it to Otiman Station in LHS 1547 and there's no G3 Maverick suit there, only a G1.
That's because I just bought it. Look at my post above.

This proves it's:

1. Peristent across engineers.
  2. Only one unit available.
What we need to know now is whether it stays forever until bought or if it flips.

And sorry by the way, I did say I was going to get it above :)

Ydiss are you in Open, PG or Solo? Charybdis same question for you?

I'm in Solo atm (trying to minimise network issues until they get things locked down), but I can still buy that suit (I haven't). I don't know if that's because I haven't left the instance, or some Voodoo magic is at play.

ps: glad you got it Ydiss (y)
pps: the Pioneer guy is getting really annoyed that I keep asking to see the suit but not buying it :ROFLMAO:

I can still see it. I'm going to log off and back in Solo, then if I still see it I'll log off and then back in Open.

Edit: Logged off and back into Solo and only the 2 G1 suits were available.
Thanks for clarifying.

Next test! Could you have bought it?

We need someone to find an item, stay in place, share it here, another commander goes to buy it, shares that here, then the first tries to buy it. If that works, it means potentially you can share an item between more than one player (caveat being a risk of loss if you disconnect).

@anthonycsheehy I started a sharing thread for this so it's kept nice and clean (as in, just a place to share items for others to get, rather than discuss the way it works and your thread still has tons of useful locations in it anyway for other stuff) but this thread is definitely the "science" thread :D Hopefully we can work out how it works and get some use from it?

So that station is an outpost - cool! - and it's a refinery in "None" state in a system with a population of 5 billion (!). I assume everyone's local rep is neutral...?

I'm at Otiman in solo right now too, and guess what...

for me it's gone :cautious:
Yeh, it looks like it's "one item stock" if bought. But we're going to see if we can work out if it can be bought by more than one commander if the finder waits before buying it (i.e. does it stay in stock if x number of commanders turn up with no one buying it, but then everyone buys it at the same time?)

So that station is an outpost - cool! - and it's a refinery in "None" state in a system with a population of 5 billion (!). I assume everyone's local rep is neutral...?
Yeh, I think it's worth recording this but I'm really starting to doubt that there's a decodable set of rules. But we can't know that until we test it so :)

Last edited:
Unengineered G3 Dominator suit (I bought it).

Carlisle Refinery (outpost) in Doris
Economy is refinery, obviously
States: Boom, Civil Liberty
(Fun fact: my Apex pilot commented on the local economic state when we jumped into the system)
Population: 200,000
My local rep: Allied

Looks like I may break my losing streak on these :).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom