Engineers Ships Suit builds

Night Vision is irrelevant for combat because all the NPCs use flashlights making themselves completely obvious in the dark.
Well, try to snipe scavenger without night vision on dark surface POI or powered down settlement. Then come back and read again your statement. NV is a must for long range sniping in the dark.

Well, try to snipe scavenger without night vision on dark surface POI or powered down settlement. Then come back and read again your statement. NV is a must for long range sniping in the dark.

Just aim vaguely at the flashlight and fire the missiles.

What, you get out of your ship to fight them?

Just aim vaguely at the flashlight and fire the missiles.

What, you get out of your ship to fight them?
Yes, I prefer shooting them on foot mainly because it is fun and ship missiles sometimes ruin the POI. Example those with SRV wreckages, SRV have nothing to loot after missile barrage.

And same goes for settlements. If you fire missiles at powered down settlement and you power it up all defenses will be red.

And sniping targets on extreme ranges with Executioner is so satisfying.

Yes, I prefer shooting them on foot mainly because it is fun and ship missiles sometimes ruin the POI. Example those with SRV wreckages, SRV have nothing to loot after missile barrage.

And same goes for settlements. If you fire missiles at powered down settlement and you power it up all defenses will be red.

And sniping targets on extreme ranges with Executioner is so satisfying.

Defenses will be red but they won't actually do anything until you take off, and you have full access to turn them off.

Odyssey settlements don't have air patrols, only a few skimmers.

And why would I fly a cardboard ship? My ground assault ship is a tanked up federal gunship.

And why would I fly a cardboard ship? My ground assault ship is a tanked up federal gunship.
I beg to differ. I was sent few times to [medium/high security] settlements that had patrols appeared after reactivation. In addition if you dismiss your ship, something I highly recommend if you play in open, once you recall it there is a great chance NPC ships to spawn.

From all that you've said till now I started to wonder, why do you go to surface settlements in first place?

I beg to differ. I was sent few times to [medium/high security] settlements that had patrols appeared after reactivation. In addition if you dismiss your ship, something I highly recommend if you play in open, once you recall it there is a great chance NPC ships to spawn.

From all that you've said till now I started to wonder, why do you go to surface settlements in first place?

To get Dominator Suit upgrades to run CZs. I mean the only reason to go to them is to rob them blind for upgrade mats, Frontier certainly didn't put much in the way of compelling reason otherwise in.

To get Dominator Suit upgrades to run CZs. I mean the only reason to go to them is to rob them blind for upgrade mats, Frontier certainly didn't put much in the way of compelling reason otherwise in.
Fine by me, but your point for Night Vision is misleading. It gives extreme tactical advantage in dark places, not only by giving awereness but making you full stealth. Although NPCs won't see your flashlight a player will and I am sure you know who is more dangerous.

tl;dr
If you plan to just play ground CZ - NV have no use. For everything else that can happen in the dark NV is great tool.

Additional perk of IJA: vertical movement doesn't seem to count as intentionally evading a scan. You can fly away from being scanned, no questions asked. :D

Additional perk of IJA: vertical movement doesn't seem to count as intentionally evading a scan. You can fly away from being scanned, no questions asked. :D
That's rather a bug than intended behaviour. I would not be surprised if devs fix it as it is abusing functionality to bypass intentional gameplay obstacle.

That's rather a bug than intended behaviour. I would not be surprised if devs fix it as it is abusing functionality to bypass intentional gameplay obstacle.
For sure. In the meantime it's hilarious to fly away shouting "You'll never catch me! Muahahaha!".

Would have to disagree
got hostile in settlement so escaped outside and called shuttle to clear the fine.

shuttle was shot down by security forces so took a trip to the jailship systems away Rather than being able to clear the fine.
surprised apex didnt fine me for loss of pilot and shuttle though.

but i am thinking of extra ammo for maverick as always end in a fight and run around trying to find ammo containers as always run out.

Did anyone test enhanced tracking yet?

I got an executioner round in the rear yesterday again while my shield was down so I am tempted to give my Mave
the enhanced tracking mod to scout from afar / rooftops to better decide after which targets to go first.

Now when I see NPCs they often are too far away to scan, or even notice.
Is the mod a noticeable upgrade?

edit found this (not my video)
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLPYmhuZ5Dk

Looks good.

Top Bottom