Newcomer / Intro Sunny dipping.

I've been seeing some videos of people landing on planets that orbit within their parent star's upper atmosphere. It's kinda interesting and a bit nuts.

What kind of ship would you bring on a trip like that? How would you deck it out / engineer it (other than an AFMU)?

Planets plural? Any links? The only one I could find that lies within (reasonable distance to) the bubble was Skardee 1. That was the only one from my list of hottest/closest planets where you could actually scoop down to the surface 🤒.

As for the ship - basically take one of the cool running ships (Dolphin, DBX, Phantom), then engineer them for low power and use a low emissions engineered power plant. This is the Dolphin I used for that trip: https://s.orbis.zone/875x

Ok, that's not excactly a dedicated low power build - but since the buff, the Dolphin runs very cool. FCM is cold enough to jump while scooping at full rate without overheating.

Unless the Betelgeuse system was changed, it also have one or two planets where you can fuel scoop in their orbit. :LOL:
Betelgeuse 1 is not landable, Betelgeuse 2 is just barely warm.

Same about 34 Persei 1 - supposed to have a surface temperature of 5178 K, which would be almost enough to boil Tungsten and should be glowing white hot. Instead, it's just another boring dusty dull red planet.

Betelgeuse 1 is not landable, Betelgeuse 2 is just barely warm.

Same about 34 Persei 1 - supposed to have a surface temperature of 5178 K, which would be almost enough to boil Tungsten and should be glowing white hot. Instead, it's just another boring dusty dull red planet.
Ah, I see. Well, last time I was at Betelgeuse was all the way back before Horizons, so I don't really know. :)

Top Bottom