Supercruise Assist. I'm loving it!

It's funny to watch it try and cope with certain things.

Like approaching a moving RES site. It seems to get a little confused that it's moving, but doesn't steer fast enough to follow it, and then just face plants you in to the ring. :ROFLMAO:

And it obviously doesn't bother going around stuff. So that's fun to watch too.

But that aside, it's actually very relaxing to use. I can chat on discord, get up to make a coffee, post even more ideas on here, as no overshoot my destination by several thousand lights seconds. Lol

Already got my "meta" for it too.
Select target, go via supercruise assist (blue zone). It lines up, I throttle up (so I take over), then if I need to do something, I throttle down, and go do it.

Now if only the FSS worked with SCA on. :unsure:

Then I may start considering it. It would give the chance to do something during supercruise so active gameplay.
The only cons is that it would be difficult to spot planets and moons while traveling faster than light. The FSS is very similar to a telescope so the more you zoom the more would be difficult to have a stable and still observation...

Last edited:

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Yesterday I was at full SC throttle and realised I'd forgotten the keybind for FSS, so I hit escape, popped to the controls, looked it up, came back, pressed it, entered FSS at full throttle. By the time I'd finished doing the system I'd gone quite some way.
Not tried to reproduce it, so feel free.

Loving it as well, especially for pesky USS approaches in deep space. Easy to overspeed if you're on the bleeding end of speed, now I can have a nice cup of coffee while I approach.

Since we didn't get this module automatically with the update I've no idea but it sounds interesting :)

I still advocate for giving everyone the assist features by default and then getting rid of the module..
Could then keep the new bays we got or not - I guess I'd keep them now people have started having fun with them... Probably.

It's funny to watch it try and cope with certain things.

Like approaching a moving RES site. It seems to get a little confused that it's moving, but doesn't steer fast enough to follow it, and then just face plants you in to the ring. :ROFLMAO:

And it obviously doesn't bother going around stuff. So that's fun to watch too.

But that aside, it's actually very relaxing to use. I can chat on discord, get up to make a coffee, post even more ideas on here, as no overshoot my destination by several thousand lights seconds. Lol

Already got my "meta" for it too.
Select target, go via supercruise assist (blue zone). It lines up, I throttle up (so I take over), then if I need to do something, I throttle down, and go do it.

Does it auto drop you off at the target or bring it to zero when your sitting in from of the POI?

I dont understand how throttling to 50% or lower on your own and walking away doing something doesnt accomplish the same thing?

Does it auto drop you off at the target or bring it to zero when your sitting in from of the POI?

I dont understand how throttling to 50% or lower on your own and walking away doing something doesnt accomplish the same thing?
It auto drops you as soon as you hit the safe drop distance.

Unless the object is moving too fast, then it loses focus, and disengages, then either flies you in to it, or past it. Lol

Hmm, didn't happen to me, no idea why. Sorry.

Sorry, you really didnt FSS at full speed. What you can do is go to 1500LS/s, then put the throttle to zero and immediately enter FSS. You'll get a few seconds while it slows down, and when you zoom in on planets it is absolutely impossible to scan anything. Even at the greatly reduced speeds by then.

Since I just happened to make it to Explorer's Anchorage right before patch day, I decided to see if this would work, because that is the one purpose I could see myself using it for. No such luck. :(

The orbit function isn't very useful when mapping a planet either. It's too slow. I have to admit that I've always felt a "blue zone" approach has always made for a grand view of the planet a station is orbiting, but I've always preferred to fly fast while playing this game.

Top Bottom