Supersized DLC (to finish out the game)

I had a thought this past week when we got no news on new content, and many players are concerned we may not get something in the 3-4 month schedule. Unlikely, but it got me to thinking, what if instead of 4-6 more 5 or 8 animal packs, they waited a bit longer, say 5-6 months, and dropped a DLC that contained 15 animals along with foliage and a few building items? And then 5-6 months after that did it again - giving us a total of 30 more animals throughout the 2 packs? This may have been disproven, but there was a comment some time ago that's stuck with me, that the game has open slots for 30 more animals, which could or could not be the case, but it got me thinking about the limitations there. And also how it could be done - initially I thought about 6 packs that were roughly 5 animals apiece (Europe got four but got more building pieces, and one other pack got 6 and less building pieces). Personally, I actually wouldn't mind a couple of months longer wait But I almost like this idea as well, even if we didn't get something again until November-ish. Personally, I actually wouldn't mind a couple of months longer wait to get so many more animals. It also would cost a bit more, probably $20. And I really doubt they'll go this route. But just for fun, how would you do it?

My thoughts - take the six continents and divvy them up respectively. 13 habitat animals and 2 exhibit animals. I'm keeping Avian off the table, which I know would be a huge bummer and likely other players will include it (which is fine), but I'd rather get these animals in.

Pack 1 - November 2021 Covers animals in Europe, North America and South America, allowing for some mix of continents as well for some species.

Strictly European; 3 animals - Alpine Ibex, Iberian Lynx, European Badger
European/North American (and some Asian) mix; 3 animals: Wolverine, Arctic Fox, Moose (the Alces Alces version)
Strictly North American, 3 animals - American Alligator, American Beaver, California Sea Lion
North and South American mix, 1 animal- Cougar
Strictly South American, 3 animals - Andean Bear, Capybara, Maned Wolf
Exhibit animals - Alligator Snapping Turtle, Axolotl

Pack 2 - May 2022 Covers animals in Africa, Oceania, Asia. I think all but one of these is traditionally identified with one continent, though I'm aware there are some small populations that don't fit to that.

Africa; 3 animals - Red River Hog, Crested Porcupine, Olive Baboon
Africa with mix of Asia, 1 animal - Dromedary
Asia , 5 animals - Markhor, Prezwalski's Horse, Asian Small Clawed Otter, Amur Leopard, Lar or White Cheeked Gibbon
Oceania, 4 animals- Grey Kangaroo, Emu, Common Wombat, Tasmanian Devil
Exhibit animals - Jackson's Chameleon, King Cobra

Last edited:
Honestly. I’ve seen zero reason to think there are only ‘30 more slots’ and there’s no reason at all to think that they’d switch to a 5-6 month wait between packs - which I would utterly hate if they did it (but that’s ok because there’s no way it’s going to happen). If anything, assuming the same number of animals overall, I’d prefer fewer species more often rather than more less often.

It doesn't sound like the end result of this idea would provide us with more content. In that case it is a bad idea.
It would mean fewer free updates, since they normally comes with the DLCs.
The time of support after the release of the last DLC, is probably more or less the same no matter the size of it. A bigger pack would mean more bugs with the same amount of time to fix them.

Last edited:
Fair enough, doesn't sound like a very popular idea and I doubt it would happen anyhow, was just thinking outloud. And good point about fewer updates, I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the input :)

Fair enough, doesn't sound like a very popular idea and I doubt it would happen anyhow, was just thinking outloud. And good point about fewer updates, I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the input :)
No problem, I think most of us are speculating a lot these days, and it is for sure nice to be able to think out loud on this forum

Top Bottom