COMPLETED CG Support Imperial Anti-Xeno Efforts in Novas

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Does this include scouts, or just the "big flower" ships? In other words, can someone with a regular non-xeno ship participate? I've never done a combat "zone" with aliens, just signal sources with scouts. I've been itching for some combat, but I don't have much interest in fighting flowers, just aliens I can use regular weapons on. Can I find that gameplay in this CG, or is it only for serious xeno-hunters?
Pilot's Fed bounties are also given for scouts, yes.

You can kill cyclops on your own which will put you way a head of a scount only players...
Instead of Shooting Power plants on pirates in haz res or CZ... you have to shoot hearts on thargoids cyclops or higher in NHSS 5 or higher or AXCZ...
And yes you can do it in the shield tank cutter...
Wings will pay more as you can go after bigger hitting interceptor classes...
But this numnuts can do cyclops... with out the gank it exploit...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWILhlCIu2I

Do I want to do this for another 14 kills to move from 50% tier to 25% tier in the Empire CG... Hell No. I won't be doing that...lol
(Ill be retuning to home system to end the wars/elections there.)

You can kill cyclops on your own which will put you way a head of a scount only players...
Instead of Shooting Power plants on pirates in haz res or CZ... you have to shoot hearts on thargoids cyclops or higher in NHSS 5 or higher or AXCZ...

Do I want to do this for another 14 kills to move from 50% tier to 25% tier in the Empire CG... Hell No. I won't be doing that...lol
Interesting use of both Gauss and Chargers on the same button, kind of like a two stage trigger.
I'm rather partial to Shards myself, although Chargers are definitely better on scouts.

And the CG is done...
Reached Tier 8 every body... so this is when it should have ended...

The rest from here out is the artificial drag it out for a longer part of the CG...
So that's 2 done... Any Surprise rewards that were not announced so that the CG would finish organically and not because a size 3 SAW was announced should still be given still, as it reached tier 8...

And the CG is done...
Reached Tier 8 every body... so this is when it should have ended...

The rest from here out is the artificial drag it out for a longer part of the CG...
So that's 2 done... Any Surprise rewards that were not announced so that the CG would finish organically and not because a size 3 SAW was announced should still be given still, as it reached tier 8...
SAW?

Just wanted to mention, was in this CG a few days back and had the opportunity to join up with first one, then two players, and eventually a third. We all worked together pretty well, though only two of us had voice coms. I got a lot of kills in and helped with decontamination limpets (I was the only one that REMEMBERED MY LIMPETS). Still managed to get blowed-up real good around 3 or 4 times but still had lots of fun with it. One member of the wing actually snagged four hearts. Will see if I can get back on tonight to issue more death to the flower creatures. Haven't had this much fun in a while.

If someone is saying you can't kill cyclops with a cutter, they are sadly mistaken as you know. Even before we had the three shot gauss you could do it.

Three-shot Gauss? Has that been a CG reward, or are they available through brokers? Sounds interesting ...
They were originally a Salvation CG reward. They're available exclusively from Salvation, from the Tech Broker on Bright Sentinel (and Possibly Mbooni?).

They fire 3 shots like imperial hammers, but each shot is 1/3 the damage so overall they do the same. There is a bug with premium reloads that adds the full extra damage per shot of regular gauss onto each of the 3 shots which does make them pretty powerful if you don't mind the material farm.

Personally, I've never used them. I used Regular gauss for my first dozen or so interceptors, and then I've used the Salvation modified Shard Cannons or Plasma Chargers (also CG rewards that are available from Bright Sentenel) ever since.

I find Shards best for killing Cyclops, but Chargers are my go-to in CZ with scouts in the mix.

Is my memory failing or the Salvation Gauss Cannon used to be a 4 shot weapon? (1 more than the imperial hammer)

Theres a station burning in Novas now if you need empire rank and need a break, there's a few missions to do on the rescue ship and i n the station...
Burning station is a limited time offer...

Is my memory failing or the Salvation Gauss Cannon used to be a 4 shot weapon? (1 more than the imperial hammer)
They do fire four shots, with a little bit over four times the ammo capacity to match. This is also bugged, if you die you respawn missing most of the ammo and have to manually restock.

They do fire four shots, with a little bit over four times the ammo capacity to match. This is also bugged, if you die you respawn missing most of the ammo and have to manually restock.
Now you mention it, it is 4. I remember the repeated 4 beat salvos reminded me of Darude Sandstorm.
The full volley is still the same as a single round from regular Gauss, I guess the advantage of the burst is it can turn a miss into a partial hit (but also a hit into a partial miss)

Sorry I missed the Novas CG reward description - can you give a refresh? What was the percent cutoff, and what was the specific module awarded?

Thank you in advanced for us in the far west time zones.

Wdym? This CG isn't over. The full description, including any and all module rewards, is in the first post. There is also a link to Inara that shows estimated tier levels there.

Wdym? This CG isn't over. The full description, including any and all module rewards, is in the first post. There is also a link to Inara that shows estimated tier levels there.
Description

The Empire is offering bounties on Thargoid vessels in the Novas system.

Commodore Morag Halloran, who coordinates Salvation’s military forces, broadcast this message on public channels:

Salvation has started construction of three anti-xeno superweapons to expunge the latest Thargoid infestation. He estimates two more weeks before these devices become operational. Until that time, it is vital that we keep the Thargoids at bay to minimise civilian casualties.
This is the original post. Talks about superweapons, but not engineered modules. Am I missing something?

The anti-xeno taskforce of the Imperial Navy is part of a joint operation to buy time for the superweapons to be completed. This includes rewarding independent pilots for defending the Novas system.

Commanders can hand in combat bonds for Thargoid kills until the 12th of May 3308 at Nusslein-Volhard Settlement in the Zlota system.

Jade Sanderlyn, a reporter for Vox Galactica, has been granted permission to interview the admirals in command of the taskforces. Her conversation with Admiral Henry Paul Atherton is being broadcast by the flagship INV Succession in Novas and will be syndicated via newsfeeds.

The campaign begins on the 28th April and will run until the 12th May 3308.

To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before handing in Pilots Federation Combat Bonds at Nusslein-Volhard Settlement in the Zlota system.

Please note that if you have any crew members, a proportion of your combat bonds will be automatically assigned to them. These combat bonds will not count towards your personal contribution total, and your crew will receive the reward for these combat bonds when they are handed in. The proportion of combat bonds assigned to your crew will depend on their rank.

Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

Notes:

• Two week long CG
  • Nusslein-Volhard Settlement is at planet 3
  • Station services: Commodities Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Social Space

@Chaparral
No your not missing any thing
Salvation Never announced the Prizes release data for unlocks on its mega ship...
It rewarded Mega ship tech broker unlocks for blind "do as it says" actions...
All of its tech broker unlocks were blind unannounced "gifts" with "discounts" on the Materials needed as well...
These rewards were released with No Pre announced agreement to do so Salvations mega ship tech broker releases were done at its whim after we did as it wanted...

These CGs are finishing more organically as theres no announced bribe...

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom