COMPLETED CG Support Shadow President Winters Against Federal Surveillance (Data)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Also Federation space is flagged "Hostile Power" for me so does that mean I'm gonna get shot at if I try to dock?
Power play faction status will Not get you shot at unless its PVP...
Minour faction status per system will stop you landing... if you are hostile to the minour faction that owns the station then you can't land...
The controlling faction Is displayed on the system map for each station...

Items for this CG are not bought on stations the items are engineering salvage items..
The Items are collected and found the same way for Both sides of these CG...
Scanning items, ships/locations/beacons..
The quickest way is allready detailed in the other topic but it seams nobody on this CG wants to share that data as it requires relogs

The "hostile power" bit is related to Powerplay.

You must be signed up to a rival PP faction, if you're only level one with your faction, they won't act any differently towards you.

Above level one, i think you only have to worry if you have active bounties against you placed by faction who controls the space you're in.

If you're only noticing that label now, i'm guessing you're too lowly ranked for it to matter 😃🤘 .
Gotcha and thank you!

I am level 4 this week but I never leave imperial space so I hadn't bothered to ask before. Sounds like this is not a CG to be done in a Type-9 if I'm gonna get interdicted.

Power play faction status will Not get you shot at unless its PVP...
Minour faction status per system will stop you landing... if you are hostile to the minour faction that owns the station then you can't land...
The controlling faction Is displayed on the system map for each station...

Items for this CG are not bought on stations the items are engineering salvage items..
The Items are collected and found the same way for Both sides of these CG...
Scanning items, ships/locations/beacons..
The quickest way is allready detailed in the other topic but it seams nobody on this CG wants to share that data as it requires relogs
Ahh gotcha and do those scans have to be done in Federation space, or will it work with data from other superpowers? I'm assuming it will.

Gotcha and thank you!

I am level 4 this week but I never leave imperial space so I hadn't bothered to ask before. Sounds like this is not a CG to be done in a Type-9 if I'm gonna get interdicted.
I've barely touched PP, but if your main ship is your Type 9, if you earned your rank delivering trade packages etc, you probably don't have PP bounties and if Gigabit is right, it sounds like only human pilots hunt those anyway. 🤘🎏

Edit - since this CG is all about data, something small and far jumping, like an Asp Explorer is probably best to use - i feel like pulling mine out for the first time in about three years myself 😃 .

Last edited:
What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing!
Bwahahahaha.

No, but honestly it breaks target lock of incoming Seeker-Missiles/ Pack-Hounds, and Hatch Breaker Limpets.
Edit: Torpedoes too... forgot about those guys.
I miss the old style ECMs from Frontier: Elite 2, the ones that disintegrated all weak missiles in range instantly (not the relatively more costly Naval Missiles though). I can see how overpowered they were, though, and annoying if it disintegrated your wingmates' missiles too.

I did my duty for the Federation. My conscience is clear.

winters.jpg

Bleh, what a boring clickfest. It's worse than powerplay.

edit: lol 209 ARX 🤭 🤑

What's an ECM good for anyway?

Griefing miners and scavengers (IIRC it nukes collector limpets as well as missiles) :devilish:

Jamming missiles and torpedoes if you spot them before the point where they will hit you before the ECM charges up, so a waste of a good utility slot in my builds I much prefer automatic to manual defences.

And nuking limpets, iirc
All the above.

Point Defence Turrets are pretty poor at shooting down even single torpedoes and get easily overwhelmed by whole salvoes of missiles and Pack Hounds.
I haven't found any posts on how efficient the double engineered PDT from a previous Community goal is for comparison.

The ECM on the other hands knocks all Missiles, Torpedoes and Dumb Fire Missiles in range at once off their respective trajectories and also destroys all limpets in the range. After that it takes torpedoes and seeker missiles a couple of seconds to re-aquire their target.

To use the ECM press the bound key to charge its radius and it fires when you let go. There's a 10s cool down before charging the next Electromagnetic Pulse, no matter how many ECMs you have fitted and powered (it does not make sense to have more than one). To get rid of attached or nearby hatch breakers only a short press is sufficient, and avoids aggro-ing nearby NPCs.

I believe that in the hands of somebody more skilled and "situationally aware" (one of my favourite quotes from @Morbad) than myself ECM could make a useful alternative to a PDT, especially at the moment where shields collapse.

I tend to have one Electronic Counter Measure on my mining ships. It also allows me to zap my own Collector Limpets instead of jettisoning Limpets from the cargo hold if the hold fills up. This is fast and makes sure the subsequently launched collectors have maximal lifespan, for the final ones to last until the hold and refinery are completely filled.

I usually scan all nav beacons of new systems I come across (to get in-game marked updates), and ECM is also very efficient to get rid of the spam of hatch breaker limpets at compromised nav beacons.

On my relatively new Hazardous Resource Extraction Site mining Cutter I replaced the ECM with one of the Point Defense Turrets from an earlier Community Goal, as I want my Limpets to continue collecting even once the flock off baddies found me and starts scanning. Rolling to get rid of hatch breaker limpets unfortunately also tends to destroy my own collectors.

Question - is each material being requested of the same grade? If not, do the higher grade materials count more, or should I just go to a trader and convert everything to the lowest grade material being asked for to get the biggest bang for the buck?

I haven't been able to log in to check for myself.

Question - is each material being requested of the same grade? If not, do the higher grade materials count more, or should I just go to a trader and convert everything to the lowest grade material being asked for to get the biggest bang for the buck?

I haven't been able to log in to check for myself.
All 4 data items are grade one... there all treated equal

...and in case it's relevant later, if a Research CG does offer at different grades, it doesn't make any difference which you use, so just hand in the G1s.

Well, that is an easy way to fill your weekly ARX quota. The science contacts interface definitely needs improving. Acceleration for one and a "confirm all" button on the very bottom below the line. Maybe even a "max all" button to the right of the confirm all button.

Last edited:
Yeah, I haven't played Elite Dangerous in months, noob question: where do you find these bits and bobs? do you buy them or do farm from dead ships/signal sources?

Yeah, I haven't played Elite Dangerous in months, noob question: where do you find these bits and bobs? do you buy them or do farm from dead ships/signal sources?
You can’t buy them or any other materials.
Data you get buy scanning ships in normal space and supercruise, scanning hyper wakes, signal towers at places like Dav’s Hope, crash sites like Jameson’s Cobra or the Bugkillers Anaconda and scanning Beacons at Encoded Emissions USSs.

Then go to a (Data) Materials Trader to convert what you find in to what you need.

You can’t buy them or any other materials.
Data you get buy scanning ships in normal space and supercruise, scanning hyper wakes, signal towers at places like Dav’s Hope, crash sites like Jameson’s Cobra or the Bugkillers Anaconda and scanning Beacons at Encoded Emissions USSs.

Then go to a (Data) Materials Trader to convert what you find in to what you need.
This is a good starting point.

Encoded and Manufactured Materials are also often available as optional mission rewards. It's well worth to accept smaller fetch or mine missions etc. that offer G5 Materials as mission reward and trade that down / sideways as need arises or if the storage approaches its limit.

I got into the top 50% of both running community goals just with the 60 Modified Embedded Firmware (Grade 5) I had still stored from missions.
Fortunately there is a Material Trader (Encoded) present at each of the community goal goal stations to trade the MEF down to Specialized Legacy Firmware (Grade 1), at a rate of 1:81, making this my fastest CG so far.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom