COMPLETED CG Support the Alliance's Expansion into the Coalsack Nebula (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ya I think Fdev set the goals a little low for how many people jumped on the events, they barely lasted half their time limit before getting completed.

Maybe they underestimated the race for 25%, maybe they underestimated how many people would take part as it was 300LY away, maybe they wanted to make sure we had a chance as they know theres a war coming and the global rewards could be essential. Not sure many could keep the pace up for another 3 days though.

Seems nobody (of the standard long range haulers) used the help of the neutron star Omega Carinae, halfway between the bubble and Coalsuck...

Not once did it appear on my route, I knew it was there but left it to HOL to plot the route. Usually coming from Adit way.

And I feel the enormous economical power of the FC marks the end of an era.
No independendent freelance commander has any chance (at all) to compete with FCs at ranges +300 LY , no matter how he tricks out his Conda/Cutter/T-9.
It is harder, but still possible. I ended up in top 10% while maybe 2/3 of my cargo I hauled from the bubble by myself in Anaconda. But yes, very little personal life during these three days, just jumping and loading, real trucker feeling :)

It is harder, but still possible. I ended up in top 10% while maybe 2/3 of my cargo I hauled from the bubble by myself in Anaconda. But yes, very little personal life during these three days, just jumping and loading, real trucker feeling :)

Well done on top 10%, I was trying for that, with the thought that I'd then be safe with a drop down a tier while off-line sleeping/working and ended up about 3 runs short but the problem was that as I was putting in each run, the goal posts for top 10% kept moving ever upwards!

As it was I finished top end of the top 25% and glad it finished early, as I didn't really want it to go on into the working week, I'd never have been able to keep up the pace.

From my stand, as a fresh FC owner ( I only have mine for less than 2 months) I can say this was - and it is, still - a learning curve - I enjoy a lot the co-op mode in this kind of CG, and the satisfaction to see my objective achieved AND help others to do the same was more than enough to enjoy the game even more;
I learned more this CG, especially when it comes to help other players - and I am sure next time I will perform better, more effective on this direction.
The Forum here was a great help, you guys manage to maintain an atmosphere alive, with adrenaline, and is nice to be part of something bigger.
In the end was a win-win situation for almost all of us, a great distraction on this disturbing period of pandemic situation....

Thank you all, guys , for making this community shine !

I hope there's another CG similar to this one.
I'd like to work cooperatively with a bunch of other commanders, maybe setup a Discord channel? I don't have a carrier but can haul so much crap really quickly in my Cutter.

Last edited:
Gutted for you guys that just missed out on top 25%. While I enjoyed the CG and feel the specific circumstances (location, proximity of supply etc) encouraged more varied gameplay and opportunities for working together, there have been some valid points raised about balance and the fact that quite a decent chunk of the contributors have missed out on the main reward. This was touched on a good few pages back but to expand on the idea, what do peeps think of this as a more balanced reward proposal regarding the fsd?

If goal complete, the double engineered fsd is available to buy (only one per CMDR) from one of the new stations in the Coalsack Nebula, at a premium price. So available to all but you have to fly 500 ly to get it and it comes with an increase on your insurance and transfer costs. Module is only upgraded to G1 with both blueprints, so standard engineer unlocks required to get it up to G5 on both blueprints. I remember planning a trip out to Maia as a noob in an Adder and thinking it was a huge deal, so available to all but you have to put in some work for it and pay a small cr penalty for the privilege.

Top 75% CMDRs receive one, fully engineered, for free, and it can be transferred to you from the Spirit of Nysa.

Top 25% receive three, fully engineered, to use as they see fit, essentially getting a qol bonus over those with only one, and a better spread of the reduced transfer / insurance costs.

I dunno, I think something like that would have seen everybody happy after the event. Exclusive content should be kept to cosmetics imo.

Surely the main reward is that all the outposts get upgraded to space stations, the secondary reward the extra credits?

The FSD is just a bonus for the people that delivered the most cargo or handed in the most bonds and is unlikely to be game-breakingly good; more a niche module, or a novelty like the missile rack. Yes it's free and therefore will be cheaper to ship around the galaxy or for rebuys, but how often do you ship a FSD module or notice the difference on rebuys when credits are so easy to come by these days?

Not sure if this has been answered or asked before...
What happens if you're at the max storage limit of 120... and you did both CG does it go up to 122 storage limits for modules...

[

OK yea I seam to collect cargo rack modules from before I had a dedicated Cargo Cutter so they were all sold better not to risk it...

For all of you guys with storage problems - remember you can buy a ton of ships and use them to store modules ! I have 29 ships, and some 20+ are just to store my modules !
I have probably over 200 modules stored like that... Drop Ships and Viper IV are great for that with so many hard points...
Is like a kind of "credits 4 extra storage".

Surely the main reward is that all the outposts get upgraded to space stations, the secondary reward the extra credits?
Technically yes, but in practice, definitely not. Very few people would care about how some outposts right outside the edge of the bubble might get upgraded to stations, and the amount of credits from the CG were small enough to be mostly meaningless. What most people cared about were the CG-exclusive overpowered FSDs. In practice, those were the main rewards - but only for the top 25%. The others were more like consolation prizes.

For all of you guys with storage problems - remember you can buy a ton of ships and use them to store modules ! I have 29 ships, and some 20+ are just to store my modules !
I have probably over 200 modules stored like that... Drop Ships and Viper IV are great for that with so many hard points...
Is like a kind of "credits 4 extra storage".
I do that too - the problem is I find it takes an hour to go through all the ships, find the modules, offload them then put them on the ship you want.

I do that too - the problem is I find it takes an hour to go through all the ships, find the modules, offload them then put them on the ship you want.

True, but the fact you can keep those hardly worked to get tier 5 engineering modules is worth the efforts, tough.... Myself I was forced to throw away such modules because I only realized later you can store them in other ships... is not about the credits, but about the rare materials grind, and the effort, the time invested to grind them at grade 5...

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
True, but the fact you can keep those hardly worked to get tier 5 engineering modules is worth the efforts, tough....
.... and Powerplay locked modules, e.g. Prismatics and Packhounds, if one is no longer pledged to the Power that offers them.

Inara > COMMANDER > FLEET AND MODULES > ALL MODULES

Let's you search by module type, blueprint, experimental effect or ship. At least it speeds up the finding part.

Modules.jpg

OK yea I seam to collect cargo rack modules from before I had a dedicated Cargo Cutter, so they were all sold better not to risk it...

Well the problem is no-one has been wiling to 'test' it so far, you have 2 FSDs, why not have 119 modules in storage and see what happens, for The Community :)

worth the efforts, tough..

Its the only way of doing it so in that sense it is 'worth it' but its more of a pita frankly. There are numerous ways to make it better and since FCs the limited storage is no longer universal nor keeps memory down or whatever the reason was behind it in the first place, it may have made sense then, does it still make sense now?.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom