COMPLETED CG Support the Alliance's Expansion into the Coalsack Nebula (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It did look like a nice way for FC owners to make a some extra money while doing the CG and I've no problem with that, they were in (most cases) providing a useful service and did have costs to pay, in terms of Tritium and maintenance costs.

Of the 29700 tons that I hauled altogether, about 16000 tons I bought (i.e. leeched) from open Carriers close to the CG.

In the previous Marlinist Refugee trade CG, I docked and bought CG commodities a few times from CMDR Ralph Vargr's Traveller Box and on one return trip I brought Tritium and topped his FC's Tritium level. Unfortunately there was no Tritium available at Spirit of Nysa so I couldn't 'pay' with that. That said, I sure could've brought a full hold of Tritium from the bubble and paid to FCs that way, wouldn't really have affected my CG ranking at the end.

I haven't really looked into Fleet Carriers myself, but how big of a bother it is to keep Tritium level topped up? Is it a big help if a random CMDR donates you some Tritium or is it more of a nice gesture?

Still no mention of the glorious Alliance smashing the targets in GalNet? And nobody seemed to notice the old woman said No to Hadrian yesterday?

Are we all worn out?

I haven't really looked into Fleet Carriers myself, but how big of a bother it is to keep Tritium level topped up? Is it a big help if a random CMDR donates you some Tritium or is it more of a nice gesture?

I've no idea, as I've not got a carrier myself - having been playing Elite Dangerous on and off since the beta, I only reached 1bn credits for the first time last weekend. I've never really been one to chase money in game :)

Of the 29700 tons that I hauled altogether, about 16000 tons I bought (i.e. leeched) from open Carriers close to the CG.

In the previous Marlinist Refugee trade CG, I docked and bought CG commodities a few times from CMDR Ralph Vargr's Traveller Box and on one return trip I brought Tritium and topped his FC's Tritium level. Unfortunately there was no Tritium available at Spirit of Nysa so I couldn't 'pay' with that. That said, I sure could've brought a full hold of Tritium from the bubble and paid to FCs that way, wouldn't really have affected my CG ranking at the end.

It's a nice thing.

Glad I was able to help. :)

Here are the raw stats of the prized FSD. I haven't yet gotten to see it side-by-side with my Diamondback's version, but the 2s boot time is clearly visible...even if it specifically doesn't affect the much more important charge-up time.

SUPER FSD STATS.jpg

I'm glad that the Devs reconsidered that perhaps this was not as well thought out as they originally thought. I don't have a carrier (although I have the funds, just doesn't fit my playstyle right now), so when I saw the distances involved I said myself "well, if I can manage to find a carrier already there that's not cleaned out in ten minutes, that would work. But...I see how that works back in the bubble center, is that really what I want to do? Chase things around?" Nope.

So sadly, I did not participate at all...then they alter the terms of the deal. Sigh.
Maybe next time.

So FDev moved the goal posts. Not very nice, not very smart.
Two groups of players will be p!ssed, the ones who busted their chops to get in the top 25% and the ones who didn't bother to participate.
The only solution is, give everyone, literally everyone the special prize. Give the top 25% an upgraded 6A FSD.
That's not rocket science guys. 👨‍🚀

And oh yeah, give me a Cobra Mk IV for coming up with this cunning plan.

Last edited:
By the way, I got those pictures I promised.

Here's the original drive I had:

20201122131807_1.jpg

Here's the Prototype FSD:

20201122131822_1.jpg

And here's the Prototype with "Mass Manager" experimental effect:

20201122142231_1.jpg

Short answer, I went from 67 to 77 ly per jump, a whole 10 ly increase. Wow. Love it, keep the goodies coming!
I'm a little disappointed the goalposts have been extended, but the only way I would be upset is if the FSD given out were NOT super-powered compared to anything a normal player can buy. I'm glad to see it's still retained some of that awesomeness. :cool:

Last edited:
By the way, I got those pictures I promised.

Here's the original drive I had:

View attachment 196382

Here's the Prototype FSD:

View attachment 196383

And here's the Prototype with "Mass Manager" experimental effect:

View attachment 196384

Short answer, I went from 67 to 77 ly per jump, a whole 10 ly increase. Wow. Love it, keep the goodies coming!
I'm a little disappointed the goalposts have been extended, but the only way I would be upset is if the FSD given out were NOT super-powered compared to anything a normal player can buy. I'm glad to see it's still retained some of that awesomeness. :cool:
Your Original Current as per the first image was 72.46 your new current according to the last image is 77.11 which is closer to 5 light years increase you got 67 as your original minimum jump with full cargo and tanks.

So FDev moved the goal posts. Not very nice, not very smart.
Two groups of players will be p!ssed, the ones who busted their chops to get in the top 25% and the ones who didn't bother to participate.
The only solution is, give everyone, literally everyone the special prize. Give the top 25% an upgraded 6A FSD.
That's not rocket science guys. 👨‍🚀

And oh yeah, give me a Cobra Mk IV for coming up with this cunning plan.

So did this happen? I missed the top 25% trading by about 1k tonnes, so I shouldn't have got this. I'm just making changes to my cutter to grab some materials and I've found one of these in my stored modules located in the Musca Dark Region PJ-P B6-1 system where we did the CG. Happy days! Time to fit out a Python with this baby...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom