COMPLETED CG Support the Colonia Bridge Project in Alcor (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Alcor
Station: Macdonald Settlement (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 1,728 Ls from main star, 81.71 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Ceramic Composites, Computer Components and Thermal Cooling Units
Time limit: 14th October 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Delivery campaigns in the Alcor and Colonia systems aim to improve journeys to the distant colonies.
The Colonia Bridge project is being funded by Brewer Corporation, which outlined the details in a press release:
The Colonia region has great potential for businesses and travellers, but the long voyage can be prohibitive. Brewer Corporation is investing in the transportation infrastructure between the core systems and Colonia, to make crossing those thousands of light years easier.
Up to 30 dockable megaships will be placed along the route to Colonia, providing travellers with valuable respite and resources including tritium. These stationary megaships should be operational by the 28th of October, and will mark the completion of the first phase of the three-phase Colonia Bridge project. Its aim is to place dockable megaships every four to five hundred light years working out from the Alcor and Colonia systems.
To achieve this, we require large quantities of Ceramic Composites, Computer Components and Thermal Cooling Units. These can be delivered to Macdonald Settlement in the Alcor system.
Brewer Corporation has confirmed that as well as offering payment for the materials, it will ask the top ten contributors at Alcor and Colonia to submit potential names for the new dockable megaships. Submissions will be subject to review by the Brewer Corporation board of directors.
Each tier reached will enable Brewer Corporation to add the following to the Colonia Bridge route for the 28th of October 3307.
  • Tier 1: 5 dockable megaships
  • Tier 2: 5 additional dockable megaships
  • Tier 3: 5 additional dockable megaships
  • Tier 4: 5 additional dockable megaships
  • Tier 5: 5 additional dockable megaships
Additionally, Brewer Corporation will offer reductions to Fleet Carriers and Fleet Carrier outfitting at Macdonald Settlement in the Alcor system, based on the tier reached. These will last for one week starting on Friday the 15th of October 3307.
Tier 1 will provide a 10% discount. Each additional tier will provide a further 5% discount, up to a maximum of 30%.
The campaign begins on the 7th of October 3307 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Ceramic Composites, Computer Components and Thermal Cooling Units to Macdonald Settlement in the Alcor system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Macdonald Settlement is at planet B 2
  • Station services: Commodities Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Fleet Carrier Vendor/Admin
  • Prices at Macdonald Settlement:
    • Ceramic Composites: 3,320 Cr/T
    • Computer Components: 6,208 Cr/T
    • Thermal Cooling Units: 30,080 Cr/T
Last updated: 7/10 @ 13:00 UTC
D3HiimQ.png

eJYyVaX.png
n3SD0LJ.png

eJSEGYO.png
DZNhTEj.png

JCjSi9q.png
Latest status
Last updated: 11 October 23:09 UTC-completed

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 37,500,306 tonnes delivered
Contributors: 4,200
Reward Tier: 5/5
Global Reward:
Twenty-five dockable megaships & 30% discount on FCs/FC outfitting
Top 10 CMDRs: 80,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 50,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 30,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 20,000,000CR
Top 75%: 10,000,000 CR
Top 100%:
1,000,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggesting a megaship name, that's an awesome top 10 reward!

With 5 tiers and 5 megaships per tier, it adds up to 25 megaships, not 30 though.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I can't claim to have come up with this question but, will refitting carrier services at a lower price lower the weekly upkeep?

Apparently not. Damn! 😂

Last edited:
Its aim is to place dockable megaships every four to five hundred light years working out from the Alcor and Colonia systems.
Interesting. So the stations will be within megaship/FC-jumping range of each other.

will mark the completion of the first phase of the three-phase Colonia Bridge project.
One wonders, for phase two will they start regularly changing places and make a Colonia conveyor belt? Hopefully more often than just every Thursday, I don't think many players would be willing to wait 45 weeks to make the trip.

Check the other CG.

Still, 30 megaships at 500ly distance... it does not cover the Bubble - Colonia distance
So basically they will place megaships at 500ly distance starting from Alcor - until they run out of megaships, reaching out 25x 500 = 12500 Ly, right?
And from Colonia, up to 5 megaships reaching out 2500 light years

And 7000 ly will remain unaccounted for?

I can't claim to have come up with this question but, will refitting carrier services at a lower price lower the weekly upkeep?

Cribbed a lot of this from the wiki, but it looks like upkeep for services are a flat cost, but it would be good to get that confirmed (given there's never been a discount before). Fleet carrier decommission happens on the first Thursday at 7am UTC after triggering it (same time as upkeep is paid). 125m cost associated, otherwise you get back the full cost of carrier and services. Any stored ships/modules are transferred automatically to the nearest star port for free (or as part of the 125m cost, depending how you look at it).

So, if the top tier was met, you could trigger a decomm for the following Thursday - get back 5 billion plus all services, less 125m. Then buy back the carrier with the discount and services, at a 1.5billion (plus discount on services) profit.

Edit: and there's absolutely no chance of there being some horrific bug that zaps all your ships/modules/credits or some random combination of the 3 if you try this. ;)

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Still, 30 megaships at 500ly distance... it does not cover the Bubble - Colonia distance
So basically they will place megaships at 500ly distance starting from Alcor - until they run out of megaships, reaching out 25x 500 = 12500 Ly, right?
And from Colonia, up to 5 megaships reaching out 2500 light years

And 7000 ly will remain unaccounted for?

Phases 2 and 3 maybe?
This is what I was thinking too ^

Though don't forget there are already 14 systems (not including detention centres) that have stations en route. So they might also link up with those. I hope they do use them and not just go in a straight line.

This is what I was thinking too ^

Though don't forget there are already 14 systems (not including detention centres) that have stations en route. So they might also link up with those. I hope they do use them and not just go in a straight line.
It's a tempting thought - 30 + 14 = 44 is just about the number of 500 LY jumps needed to cover the distance. But I doubt they'd use more than half of those Colonia Highway stations - there's a lot of zig-zagging required to hit all of them. Perhaps five or six - Mammon, Rohini, Skaudai, Gandharvi, and Kashyapa are all reasonably close to the straight line path; Omega Mining and Polo Harbor are perhaps not egregious detours.

Heh, I see what Frontier did there. Not just about making this three CGs instead of one, but also about making a Colonia conveyor belt. (To whoever came up with that term first: nice one!) A common complaint about exploration is "JJJJJJJJJJJJ", the repetitive nature of travel, but a megaship every 500 ly means folks could break their travels up into 7-10 jump segments. Less pressing J-s before taking breaks.
Of course, the megaships themselves are going to be repetitive, but hey. It's Something.TM

I wonder if they're doing this now because they expect that the new Odyssey engineers in Colonia are going to attract more player traffic. Or maybe it's just to stretch things out as the console release drags on. We'll see.

Even more if you sell to me @GraphiteGB.

"My Welsh Gift Shop" is right next to MacDonalds paying;

37,600/t - Thermal Cooling Units

Top prices on Inara (or indeed possible with 1000% cap), looking for 12,500 to start with.

It will also make jumping a carrier out there cheaper as you'll be able to minimize onboard Tritium and top up en route.
It'll be interesting to see how large an economy these megaships have - there's enough demand for Tritium that either they're inexhaustible (and therefore probably more useful for fuelling up for deep space exploration) or at any reasonable normal economy size (especially for a basic dockable megaship) they'll run out in days.

I guess "inexhaustible but a really big price premium" is possible, though that would have its own issues (buy Tritium in the bubble, sell to the first one on the chain)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom