COMPLETED CG Support the Colonia Bridge Project in Alcor (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If you read through the Wiki
The wiki is maintained by players and not always kept updated

this thread should shed a lot of light

Deleted member 254248

D
That's exactly what I read as well. It doesn't say anywhere in that post what the total timeline is for having it removed from your account to be able to buy another, in fact, it shows that the first stage is quite variable depending on when certain things are done. Luna says that she's highlighted some of the things that were found to her support chain and we have no idea if they changed or not.
  • The threshold for decommission timing appears to be around 19:00 Sunday. Decommission before this and your decommission timer will be <7 days; decommission after and it will be >7 days
How much greater than 7 days? Once the Pending Decommissioning timer expires, are you immediately able to buy a new carrier?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have collected my reward, don't need any outfitting so the 'Viking Explorer' will be departing for pastures new in 14 minutes.

Free parking space around Planet B3, I left the ticket there so you can use it, still got 5 days on it :)

That's exactly what I read as well. It doesn't say anywhere in that post what the total timeline is for having it removed from your account to be able to buy another, in fact, it shows that the first stage is quite variable depending on when certain things are done.

To be on the safe side, you have to decommission by Sunday so the decommission happens on next Thursday.
If you miss next Thursday cycle, you will most likely miss the discount window.

This post from the author of the thread regarding decommissioning is mentioning no later than Monday 18 UTC... but it may be too late.
Anyway, if it's not decommissioned by this Thursday you can cancel it with no losses.

It's 150M fee for voluntary decommissioning, and if anyone is going to try this, you have to initiate the decommission before 18:00 UTC Monday (I think...?) otherwise your decom will take effect the Thursday after, and you'll pretty much miss the discount window.

Surely that post is wrong anyway - you don't need to be decommissioned by this Thursday, you need it before next Thursday. Or am I thinking wrong? ofc the later you leave it the dodgier the timing gets, but it seems clear you can cancel at any time, so 🤷‍♀️

Deleted member 254248

D
Yeah, I get all that you're saying, there's just a lot of guessing going on by us right now, hence why I asked the original question.

What happens after the timer runs out is more what I'm interested in. If the timer runs out this Thursday, or even next Thursday and I can immediately rebuy, then it's no issue, but if the timer runs out Thursday and then it takes someone at FDev over a week to remove it from my account so I can buy again, that could be a problem.

I think the lack of real info is just going to make up my mind for me. I can afford the few hundred million loss if it doesn't work, so I'll start things off today and see what happens at the end.

Surely that post is wrong anyway - you don't need to be decommissioned by this Thursday, you need it before next Thursday. Or am I thinking wrong? ofc the later you leave it the dodgier the timing gets, but it seems clear you can cancel at any time, so 🤷‍♀️

Well, the discount starts on this Friday, 15th and last for a week - so if the carriers is not decommissioned this Thursday, it wll get decommissioned next Thursday which leaves a really short window for the discount - that specific Thursday - so if RL hits and they cannot login, they miss the window and they lose the decommissioning fee

Deleted member 254248

D
Well, the discount starts on this Friday, 15th and last for a week - so if the carriers is not decommissioned this Thursday, it wll get decommissioned next Thursday which leaves a really short window for the discount - that specific Thursday - so if RL hits and they cannot login, they miss the window and they lose the decommissioning fee
A short window assuming that as soon as the timer ends, you're able to rebuy.

As I say, I'll just start it tonight and see where it lands.

yup - but the in-game FAQ says 7 days - and the link you gave says 5 days - not '5 days from the weekly tick' (or '7 days from the weekly tick'). So if you decommission now, before the 15th, then you should see the decommission within the discount period. And if you don't then you can either cancel for no cost, or have a case for a Support ticket if you care that much. or you can wait for fdev to restate the 7 days. Probably next Monday :)

Deleted member 254248

D
What it actually said was, "The Pending Decommission state in our test lasted for a little under five days." If you read the full writeup link under "Experiment 3: full decommission", it states "The decommission timer expired at 07:00 on the Thursday after the decommission process began; less than five days later in total, in contradiction of the Codex." They started the timer on a Saturday, which makes sense for the 4.9 days it took from that point until the Thursday reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO selling and rebuying an existing carrier for the discount is a little extreme. If you'd get reduced weekly upkeep costs with it, ok, but I haven't seen anything anywhere saying that will also be affected by the discount.

What it actually said was, "The Pending Decommission state in our test lasted for a little under five days." If you read the full writeup link under "Experiment 3: full decommission", it states "The decommission timer expired at 07:00 on the Thursday after the decommission process began; less than five days later in total, in contradiction of the Codex." They started the timer on a Saturday, which makes sense for the 4.9 days it took from that point until the Thursday reset.

Have you tried hitting the decommission button? It should tell you how long it takes (it did for me).

Given the information so far I would expect it to be 07:00 UTC a week on Thursday if you triggered it now (the 21st). That would give you a day to purchase at a discount. If you weren't happy with the time (or just changed your mind) you can cancel the decommission.

If you stuck with it and still missed the discount for some reason you could always try support to see if they will play ball and give you something back, or you can buy it back at full price and lose about 150m. Either way I'd recommend selling any commodities you have stored to maximise their value.

IMO selling and rebuying an existing carrier for the discount is a little extreme. If you'd get reduced weekly upkeep costs with it, ok, but I haven't seen anything anywhere saying that will also be affected by the discount.

Guess it depends on how much you've accrued in-game and/or your general view on getting a "good deal". Relatively speaking it's a huge discount, and a lot of people like snagging a bargain.

Plus, by trashing and buying again you're reclaiming a heap of credits that can be stuck in the bank and used to offset the long-term costs of upkeep. So it could be seen as reducing the upkeep cost. In a roundabout way. If you squint at it. ;)

Deleted member 254248

D
Have you tried hitting the decommission button? It should tell you how long it takes (it did for me).

Given the information so far I would expect it to be 07:00 UTC a week on Thursday if you triggered it now (the 21st). That would give you a day to purchase at a discount. If you weren't happy with the time (or just changed your mind) you can cancel the decommission.
I am going to do so when I get back home tonight. I know someone else who started their decommission on Saturday, and their timer expires at the Thursday reset this week. He is going to try and immediately rebuy and see if it allows him to do that or not. I'll start my timer tonight and see what it says. I'm hoping it will expire Thursday next week, that way I can see if the other person is able to rebuy immediately, and if he is, I'll keep the decommission and rebuy next Thursday after the reset. If there is some other timeout and he can't rebuy, then I'll cancel the decommission.

I'm not hurting for credits, right now Inara says I have 4Y, 2M, 3d, 6h, 28m, 22s worth of carrier upkeep. However, I'm not going to scoff at nearly 1.35 billion free credits in this game where grinding is enshrined in the game design.

I am going to do so when I get back home tonight. I know someone else who started their decommission on Saturday, and their timer expires at the Thursday reset this week. He is going to try and immediately rebuy and see if it allows him to do that or not. I'll start my timer tonight and see what it says. I'm hoping it will expire Thursday next week, that way I can see if the other person is able to rebuy immediately, and if he is, I'll keep the decommission and rebuy next Thursday after the reset. If there is some other timeout and he can't rebuy, then I'll cancel the decommission.

I'm not hurting for credits, right now Inara says I have 4Y, 2M, 3d, 6h, 28m, 22s worth of carrier upkeep. However, I'm not going to scoff at nearly 1.35 billion free credits in this game where grinding is enshrined in the game design.

I started mine on Saturday, so Thursday will be exciting. :LOL:

If you are going to do it, strip the carrier down as much as possible. Stored ships and modules look like they will be safe to leave (and should be free to transfer afterwards), but sell all the installed services and clear out any cargo. There's a chance they won't get properly refunded, and it seems safer to assume that going in than having to go through support afterwards.

Deleted member 254248

D
I'm moving it to the closest star to my home system that has a Carrier Administration service in it and then doing the decommission. If it allows me to jump it out afterwards, I will move it to free up the slot. I'm going to sell off 1210 tons of Tritium I have stored on it, and put the other 790 in the cargo hold of my Type-9 right before it decommissions. I'll then sit in McDonald until I can rebuy if everything works out.

I had a good feeling about this CG, just from the whole idea of having a common project intending to link the two communities closer and making travel between the two more comforting with what will now be 30 space service stations.

Speaking of which, I propose that some of the megaships be named after real life service stations. I nominate the much maligned Bolton West. 😁
Just as long as there's no Toddington, me and my real life truck spend way to much time in that place as it is.

Fly Safe

Deleted member 254248

D
Just clicked to decommission my carrier. Timer is at 1W 1D 7H 30M. That’s the Thursday reset next week. I’ll have a day to rebuy at the discount, assuming I’m allowed to rebuy right after the decommissioning is complete. If I find out Friday that I cannot, I’ll cancel the decommission

I'm moving it to the closest star to my home system that has a Carrier Administration service in it and then doing the decommission. If it allows me to jump it out afterwards, I will move it to free up the slot. I'm going to sell off 1210 tons of Tritium I have stored on it, and put the other 790 in the cargo hold of my Type-9 right before it decommissions. I'll then sit in McDonald until I can rebuy if everything works out.
You can jump during the "Pending Decommission" state; once it ticks over to "Decommissioned" you lose all access to carrier functions. Also remember you can decommission from anywhere, you don't have to be in carrier admin (although you do to remove any optional services).

Just clicked to decommission my carrier. Timer is at 1W 1D 7H 30M. That’s the Thursday reset next week. I’ll have a day to rebuy at the discount, assuming I’m allowed to rebuy right after the decommissioning is complete. If I find out Friday that I cannot, I’ll cancel the decommission
You can buy a new carrier as soon as the maintenance downtime is complete and your old carrier has entered the Decommissioned state. Fingers crossed the discount lasts until that time... there's no absolute clarity about how long "a week" is. Common sense would say it ends on the Friday, but common sense would also lead you to believe the carrier Codex entry is mainly correct. (it is not)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom